Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Travel with Combo Card Internationally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Travel with Combo Card Internationally?

I have a question can I travel outside the states whenever I get my EAD combo card? Does it has to be only to my country? Do I have to let USCIS know about future traveling? Is it secure to come back to the USA without any problems? Sorry for asking many questions!

Leaving the U.S. is not affected by the combo card. The Advance Prole is to allow you a return to the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Mr.Diaz View Post
    I have a question can I travel outside the states whenever I get my EAD combo card? Does it has to be only to my country? Do I have to let USCIS know about future traveling? Is it secure to come back to the USA without any problems? Sorry for asking many questions!

Comment

you can travel anywhere

Comment

Your combo card allows you to return to the U.S. after travelling internationally. You aren't restricted to your home country. It isn't 100% guaranteed that you must be let in no matter what, but unless you are doing illegal things, you won't have a problem.
        Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
        Married: 8/18/17
        Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
        I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
        Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
        EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
        EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
        Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
        Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
        Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

If it is a combo card (check the bottom, should say it can be used as Advance Parole), yes. You can travel anywhere, not just your home country. Entrance back in the US is not guaranteed and subject to inspection, just like with any other visa. You will also be sent to secondary inspection upon arrival. I only used my EAD once to travel and had a good experience. I even skipped the line because my husband is a USC and we went through the kiosks. The first CBP officer took my passport and EAD, gave it to another officer. I waited for about 30 minutes in a waiting area, my name got called, and the CBP officer told me Welcome back. I was not asked any questions. My passport got a different stamp saying I was paroled into the US. Good luck!
          RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
          10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
          10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
          10/22 - Early bio walk-in
          11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
          11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
          01/13/2020 - Interview
          01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

Remember that USCIS and CBP are not connected. Your reentry could still be denied by CBP even with advanced parole card from USCIS. I have advanced parole, but my lawyer recommended that I do not travel outside of the USA because my TN had expired while I’m in AOS. If you are desperate to travel, wait until you at least have your final interview. That way, if you left and couldn’t get back in the US, you could have your card, once produced, mailed to wherever you may be. Re entry would be less stressful imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallaceboudreau View Post
              Remember that USCIS and CBP are not connected. Your reentry could still be denied by CBP even with advanced parole card from USCIS. I have advanced parole, but my lawyer recommended that I do not travel outside of the USA because my TN had expired while I’m in AOS. If you are desperate to travel, wait until you at least have your final interview. That way, if you left and couldn’t get back in the US, you could have your card, once produced, mailed to wherever you may be. Re entry would be less stressful imo.
              No travel means 0% risk of not being admitted back into the USA. All reports I have seen on this forum say that they were admitted back into the USA without issues, even people that overstayed and now are married to USC.

I just traveled to Mexico and when I entered with EAD/AP the officers asked fewer questions and took less time to enter than the last 2 times I traveled with a valid visa. Last 2 times they also sent me to secondary for almost 1 hour, this time I was there less than 10 min.
              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
              ---
              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X