Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can all forms be handwritten?

Hi,

Can all forms be hand written? I see the affidavit of support has a barcode. I read on a very dated blog site that you have to type in the answers on the barcoded forms. True?

The creators of the PDF forms have disabled the ability to type a forward slash (/) or an apostrophe ('), you can disable the javascript, so you can type whatever you want, which I did and it temporarily worked. But now somehow I cannot type the symbols I need. Someone on an Adobe forum told me that the problem is not with Adobe but with the creators of the PDF.... USCIS?

So I called USCIS and they told me to print out the I-485, which I was filling out at the time, and write in the answers.

But what about the barcoded forms? Can I fill them out by hand too?
    Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
    02/14/2018 - Case received
    02/20/2018 - Received 4 I-797 NOA letters
    03/16/2018 - Biometrics
    04/08/2018 - Expedited EAD (Extreme Emergent Situation)
    04/20/2018 - Received a letter requesting evidence of Extreme Emergent Situation
    05/04/2018 - Notified that EAD being processed
    05/11/2018 - EAD arrived
    07/18/2018 - Request for interview
    08/23/2018 - Interview - GC approved

Originally posted by lukefromireland View Post
    Hi,

Can all forms be hand written? I see the affidavit of support has a barcode. I read on a very dated blog site that you have to type in the answers on the barcoded forms. True?

The creators of the PDF forms have disabled the ability to type a forward slash (/) or an apostrophe ('), you can disable the javascript, so you can type whatever you want, which I did and it temporarily worked. But now somehow I cannot type the symbols I need. Someone on an Adobe forum told me that the problem is not with Adobe but with the creators of the PDF.... USCIS?

So I called USCIS and they told me to print out the I-485, which I was filling out at the time, and write in the answers.

But what about the barcoded forms? Can I fill them out by hand too?
    yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      yes
      excellent
      Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
      02/14/2018 - Case received
      02/20/2018 - Received 4 I-797 NOA letters
      03/16/2018 - Biometrics
      04/08/2018 - Expedited EAD (Extreme Emergent Situation)
      04/20/2018 - Received a letter requesting evidence of Extreme Emergent Situation
      05/04/2018 - Notified that EAD being processed
      05/11/2018 - EAD arrived
      07/18/2018 - Request for interview
      08/23/2018 - Interview - GC approved

Comment

I assume it's fine. Mine ended up being half typed and half handwritten as every time I printed the forms I'd spent forever typing, it only printed bits of it. I ended up getting aggravated and just filled in the blanks by hand. They haven't sent it back so hopefully that's a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
          I assume it's fine. Mine ended up being half typed and half handwritten as every time I printed the forms I'd spent forever typing, it only printed bits of it. I ended up getting aggravated and just filled in the blanks by hand. They haven't sent it back so hopefully that's a good sign.
          I also trumped some and hand wrote some. I got my EAD last week. So I think it’s fine. As long as it’s clear and legible.

Comment

Originally posted by lka0045 View Post

I also trumped some and hand wrote some. I got my EAD last week. So I think it’s fine. As long as it’s clear and legible.
            Good work

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X