Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoveDreams View Post

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing such a hard time smh
    Have you considered consulting with a new lawyer? Or maybe reapplying all together?
    Unable to reapply. K1 Visa has expired since February 5th 2017. All the lawyers have nothing good to say about the Atlanta Field Office none seem to have a solution. Even if I file a mandamus action no idea how backed up court is before they get to my case
    (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
    12-15-16 SS card
    02-16-17 Bio Walk in
    03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
    04-24-17 EAD approved
    02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
    02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
    02-23-18 Bio Walk in
    04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
    07-05-18 EAD approved
    12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
    12-06-18 Contacted Senator
    12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post

Unable to reapply. K1 Visa has expired since February 5th 2017. All the lawyers have nothing good to say about the Atlanta Field Office none seem to have a solution. Even if I file a mandamus action no idea how backed up court is before they get to my case
      The last thing in your signature is dated 12-29-2018, were you able to renew your EAD?
      I hope you get your GC soon.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post

Dude I think they seriously lost your application or something... maybe it was lost on the way to the field office, anyways that's god awful.. Well I called a week ago and put in a service request, all I wanted was for them to give me confirmation that they received my birth certificate notarial, but I got a standard message today saying my case is still pending and that i should received a decision in 120 days. Standard lying response from USCIS. Maybe they'll tell me eventually that they never received my RFE response and deny me, it is indeed possible. It sucks for us truly. [HUG]
        Let me give you the full rundown on this case. So I filed January 23rd 2017 for my EAD and my I-485. Got the EAD after 4 months started working didnt hear a word about my I-485 by January 23rd 2018. Filed renewal for my EAD and by April 2018 started going to the Ombudsman who shrugged it off because Atlanta pushed back the dates online by 2 years. Congressman David Scott responded to my request and he stated that my case was in Charleston South Carolina(You heard that correctly). 2nd EAD got approved in July 2018. The Atlanta office deals with Alabama aswell and I'm sure many of you know how hard infopasses were to come by in ATL. My lawyer got an Infopass in Montgomery. All field offices can contact the other to get information for you. I drove 2.5 hours to Montgomery to be told that they cant answer my questions. Says my case was stuck in background check. October 2018 seeing that my case was in South Carolina(for the record never lived there) my lawyer got me an info pass in Charleston. Drove 5 hours to Charleston to be told absolutely nothing(those drive times are one way btw). My lawyer went to an infopass on my behalf in November and they told her that they cant give her information because she needs a new G-28(the form showing that they are your representative). Funny thing is my representative never changed since original filing. Got my own infopass in November 2018 at ATL and it got canceled due to Bush's death. Some how I managed to one for the day after and the guy at the office in ATL just looks at me and says he cannot give me information about my own case. By this time the times in Atlanta caught up to my case and I've been raising SRs that have gone unanswered and the dates online kept moving. I contacted Senator David Perdue about it immediately following my ordeal at the Atlanta Field Office. His office has been dealing with it since November 2018. They notified me as of February that my case is now in fact in Atlanta. Since then it has not moved again. Atlanta finally decided to respond in March to 1 of my SRs filed December saying "Its in the pre-processing phase". I never received an RFE or RFIE. As of May 8th they responded to David Perdues office saying "USCIS records confirm that your constituent’s case is still pending at this time. We are unable to determine when the review process will be completed. Please follow up in approximately 15 to 20 days for an update." Got the Ombudman involved after that again. They responded saying that they are backed up with issues so it might take the Ombudsman 60 days to get to requesting information about my case.

Haven't bothered pestering the senators office again but my lawyer is not too happy about this entire ordeal. I think by July I will pester the senators office again. Seems they are very tight lipped on my case for some odd reason.

Story of my life people. Cant make this stuff up.
        Last edited by Mascarade; 05-31-2019, 04:08 PM.
        12-15-16 SS card
        02-16-17 Bio Walk in
        04-24-17 EAD approved
        02-23-18 Bio Walk in
        07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

The last thing in your signature is dated 12-29-2018, were you able to renew your EAD?
          I hope you get your GC soon.
          Yes filed my third renewal on March 25th. If I have to keep updating that timeline it would become endless.
          12-15-16 SS card
          02-16-17 Bio Walk in
          04-24-17 EAD approved
          02-23-18 Bio Walk in
          07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• PD: 11/9/18
            RD: 11/15/18
            FO: Atlanta
            Biometrics : 12/12/18
            MSC1990217xxx - Family Based - Non Expedited
            RFE: N/A
            EAD Mailed June 3, 2019
            EAD Received Date:
            Interview Notice: 4/16/19 - Case ready to be scheduled
            Interview scheduled: 5/29/19 - Case has been scheduled
            Interview date: July, 2019
            *I live in Atlanta, GA, but interview assigned to South Carolina office
            PD: 11/9/18
            MSC1990217xxx - Marriage Based - Non Expedited
            EAD Mailed June 3, 2019
            EAD Received Date: June 6, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by dabbers View Post
              MSC1990217xxx - Family Based - Non Expedited
              EAD Mailed June 3, 2019
              EAD Received Date:
              Dabbers- strange to see that you are a Atlanta filer and your interview is in SCarolina.. I saw another member post on another forum that they live on Atlanta and their interview is scheduled in Montgomery AL!
              Wonder why they are not scheduling interview in Atlanta office ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohini1974 View Post

Dabbers- strange to see that you are a Atlanta filer and your interview is in SCarolina.. I saw another member post on another forum that they live on Atlanta and their interview is scheduled in Montgomery AL!
                Wonder why they are not scheduling interview in Atlanta office ?

If you read my post you saw that my case was sent to South Carolina and sent back to Atlanta. You'll also see I drove to Montgomery and South Carolina for two separate Infopasses and was not helped.
                The Atlanta office is seriously screwed up. What's strange to me is how did this person get an interview scheduled before me and I've been waiting since the top of 2017.
                12-15-16 SS card
                02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                04-24-17 EAD approved
                02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post

If you read my post you saw that my case was sent to South Carolina and sent back to Atlanta. You'll also see I drove to Montgomery and South Carolina for two separate Infopasses and was not helped.
                  The Atlanta office is seriously screwed up. What's strange to me is how did this person get an interview scheduled before me and I've been waiting since the top of 2017.
                  Ugh tell me about it, people filed 6 months after me already got their green card......and i got an email from Atlanta saying they're "committed to adjudicating immigration applications in a timely manner, efficiently and in the order received", lmfao
                  PD - 3/2/2018
                  Biometrics - sometime in April
                  RFIE - 7/3
                  Response to RFE received - 7/16
                  Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                  EAD is being produced - 9/4
                  Combo card in hand - 9/11
                  Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                  Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• I am not sure. I know the major cities field offices are really backed up right now. My cousin filed for naturalization in Brooklyn,NY office and her interview is in Newark, NJ at the end of this month. Hopefully the Greer, S. Carolina office will be a nice and easy process. We will have to leave the night before, stay in a hotel, since the drive is 2 hours and the interview is early in the morning. I read somewhere that PERM cases are being done in Atlanta now and that is why the backlog is so high in that field office.
                    MSC1990217xxx - Marriage Based - Non Expedited
                    EAD Mailed June 3, 2019
                    EAD Received Date: June 6, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by dabbers View Post
                      I am not sure. I know the major cities field offices are really backed up right now. My cousin filed for naturalization in Brooklyn,NY office and her interview is in Newark, NJ at the end of this month. Hopefully the Greer, S. Carolina office will be a nice and easy process. We will have to leave the night before, stay in a hotel, since the drive is 2 hours and the interview is early in the morning. I read somewhere that PERM cases are being done in Atlanta now and that is why the backlog is so high in that field office.
                      Even if its backed up that just means that new cases have to wait to be adjudicated because they are behind in dealing with paper work. Your priority date is near the end of 2018 mine is January 23rd 2017. If they are indeed backed up then your case not mine should be on the back burner so that they can efficiently deal with the back log. AngelaPhelan is experiencing the same thing. Her PD is after mine but before alot of Atlanta filers here that already got their green cards. Both our cases are family based AOS. So if they really are back logged anybody filing now should have to wait 2 years before their cases are attendee so that back log can be cleared. Unfortunately that's not happening. That backlog excuse sounds like straight up BS. There is a lack of accountability on USCIS' part to adjudicate cases in a timely manner and also a lack of managerial and customer service. We immigrants cant hold the responsible but their government doesnt even have laws in place to hold them responsible and doesnt seem like they care either. USCIS screws up all the time and dont own up to it yet when we miss something they are prompt to point fingers. A RFE shouldnt take 6 months to process to clear someone for residency that's just poor resource management. My case never received any RFIEs or RFEs yet it's still not scheduled for an interview and been pending since janyary 2017. It was sent to Charleston sent back to Atlanta and all kinds crap. Again that is poor resource management. I dont believe that backlog excuse. You ever tried to order a backlogged product(this case it being permanent residency) online? They always deal ship the customers who ordered first product and eventually get to you once your number in line comes up. January 2017 places me above anyone/everyone after that date and the same goes for AngelaPhelan shes been in line before alot of people. USCIS has serious problems that they need to be held accountable for. Lots of cases to deal with sure calling it a back logged while it's not being handled as such. You either stop accepting new cases to deal with your workload or hire more staff but dont you dare disrespect people by attending to newer customers and toss older customers stuff in a corner and claim to be backed up.
                      12-15-16 SS card
                      02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                      04-24-17 EAD approved
                      02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                      07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Third EAD approved. No update on I-485. Very interesting.
                        12-15-16 SS card
                        02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                        04-24-17 EAD approved
                        02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                        07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Hey let me ask you . Where did you send your EAD renewal? I sent it to Chicago lockbox a month ago and I haven’t heard anything at all if it was received from USCIS. This whole entire process is so exhausting. I’m in Atlanta too. Interview done. Sent RFE that was requested and just waiting for response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plz View Post
                            Hey let me ask you . Where did you send your EAD renewal? I sent it to Chicago lockbox a month ago and I haven’t heard anything at all if it was received from USCIS. This whole entire process is so exhausting. I’m in Atlanta too. Interview done. Sent RFE that was requested and just waiting for response.
                            Believe my lawyer sent it to the Chicago lockbox. I filed for renewal in March. Atleast you have the interview done. More than likely if your I-485 is approved you wont receive a new EAD. Bare in mind that the EAD is valid for 180 days past expiration if you filed for renewal in a timely manner. I filed for I-485 spouse based January 23rd 2017 and still cant get an interview scheduled. Atleast you got an interview and I'm pretty sure you filed after me.
                            12-15-16 SS card
                            02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                            04-24-17 EAD approved
                            02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                            07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Oh wow. My EAD expires on July 10 and haven’t heard anything after I mailed the renewal last month. I’m hoping I get my greed card soon so I won’t have to deal with the headache of renewing the EAD. And I’m so sorry about your delays. I filed my case in February of 2018. You should have gotten the interview by now but rest assured that you will get an automatic 10 year green card if your case is marriage based.

Comment

• Just an update.. anyone else in the same boat as me?

My status changed to "ready to schedule interview" some time last year around May 2018... then January 2019, I receive notification that interview scheduled at ATL field office. Interview was for Feb 25th. However, on February 20th I receive text that interview cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances... I thought it was a prank so i logged onto the website and it said interview cancelled that i will receive notice in mail. I also got a call from USCIS officer saying the interview was cancelled and i will get notice in mail. Maybe 2 weeks later i got notice of the cancellation in the mail. I have been waiting since then for a re-schedule and nothing. no updates at all.... I filed for EAD/AP renewal March 2019 a month after they cancelled my interview. I received the receipt notification for both renewals but also no update since then. I know my EAD will automatically renew for 180 days with the receipt but what about my AP???

Is anyone else in this boat?

Category (c09)
                                PD is February 2018
                                EAD/AP 1st approval July 2018
                                Interview Scheduled January 2019
                                Interview Canceled February 2019
                                EAD/AP renewal mailed and received by USCIS March 2019

Last edited by Ch_Lusitano; 06-12-2019, 06:39 PM.
                                Atlanta, GA
                                PD: 02/23/18
                                Biometrics: 03/28/18
                                Fingerprint Review Completed: April 6th
                                Raised SR with Job Offer: May 21st
                                Response to SR (came via mail June 1st): I responded June 4th
                                Raised 2nd SR: June 23rd
                                485-RFE received: June 27th
                                Receipt of RFE confirmation: July 9th
                                485- case is ready to schedule for Interview: July 16th
                                EAD and AD parole in production and approval: July 18th
                                EAD mailed: July 20th

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X