All NYC Filers..... let's talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD July 18.
    GC approved Sept 2018. Case reopened. Got RFE, I had not submitted a medical.
    Letter requested medical be taken to federal plaza so they can make a final decision on my case.
    Sponsored by citizen child.
    What should I understand from this? Is this good sign? Anyone with similar experience? Wait is killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfer27 View Post
      Interview done experience:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my interview experience with you all.

We had our appointment yesterday at 26 Federal Plaza, In Manhattan. We were scheduled for 12:10 PM. We arrived there at around 11:30am, and we waited until around 2:15Pm to be called in.

We were guide to an office with a very nice and polite officer. She asked us for the originas of My wife passport and Drivers License (petitioner) My Birth Certificate, Passport, I-94. She also asked right there if we wanted to submit more documents for the affidavit of support. So i gave her more New ConEd, Spectrum, Bills. Our Health Insurance Cards showing both names, Life Insurance showing my wife as a beneficiary, our joint taxes for 2018. and i wanted to give her more ands she said. That's enough.

The she took my finger prints and took a picture of me, before proceeding with the interview.

The officer started with my wife, she asked her. How did we meet, when we moved in together, before or after marriage, where does she live, whats my father and mom name, do we have any children, do i have any previos children, do we want any children, where do i work, what are my hours, do i have a good relationship with my dad.
      Then she asked me, her moms and dad name, her brothers name, where do they live, she asked how did i proposed, i gave her the whole story and she laughed.
      Then she asked me the yes or no questions in the I-485 form.
      The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. She gave us a paper that said that the interview was completed and they do not need more documents for us at the moment. Is their policy. She said that we did really well and we needed to wait about 120 days to hear from them. Then she wish us a Happy Day.

We waited almost 20 months for this interview. I know is hard but TRY to be patient.

God Bless you all and good luck

06/01/2017: Got married
      08/08/2017: Sent files to USCIS
      08/10/2017: USCIS received files
      08/18/2017: Text received from USCIS
      08/22/2017: Receipts in Mail from USCIS
      09/14/2017: Biometrics Done.
      09/15/2017: Got an RFE - Form I-130A which i didn't submit with my initial package.
      09/26/2017: USCIS received my response for my RFE.
      11/01/2017: Called to USCIS and spoke to an officer that told me, that my case resets from the moment they received my RFE response.
      11/13/2017: Called USCIS and put a service request in, for my EAD application (94th day from original PD)
      11/27/2017: EAD APPROVAL LETTER IN THE MAIL. YESSSSS!!!
      11/30/2017 RECEIVED EAD CARD in the mail.
      12/01/2017: APPLIED FOR SSN
      07/20/2018: APPLY FOR EAD RENEWAL (NO NEWS YET)
      02/12/2019: GOT EMAIL INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED
      02/19/2019: Interview Letter Arrived in the Mail. Interview is Scheduled exactly a month from today (VERY EXCITING NEWS)
      03/19/2019: Interview Completed
      Congratulations on having a successful interview. My PD is 11/20/2018, did my biometrics on 12/19/18 and I have not heard back from USCIS yet. Can I put service request for my EAD?

Comment

• Originally posted by empirer View Post

Congratulations on having a successful interview. My PD is 11/20/2018, did my biometrics on 12/19/18 and I have not heard back from USCIS yet. Can I put service request for my EAD?
        I have the exact same dates as you (PD 11/20, biometrics 12/19), also NYC! I called on Wednesday to put in a service request to expedite (was fully prepared with documents etc) but they ended up telling me EAD was approved 3/19. Maybe you could try calling too?
        Concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 + I-765 & I-131

11/16/18 - Sent package via Fedex
        11/20/18 - Priority Date
        11/28/18 - Checks cashed
        12/3/18 - I-797 notices in mail
        12/07/18 - Biometrics notice in mail
        12/19/18 - Biometrics appointment
        12/26/18 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview

Comment

• Hi guys,

I just had my interview today in NYC, basically approved on spot the interview started off with asking my husband (USC) questions, and then me. Officer asked how we met, what car he drove and had us told him our love story. And then the YES/NO questions on the application. I was super nervous until the officer asked us about our love story and then it turned into more of a conversation. My suggestion is just be prepared (documents) and be honest. Now i am waiting for the system to get updated and looking forward to receive the GC. Good luck to all of you! Feel free to ask me questions if you have any

just updated: New Card is being Produced!!

Comment

• Originally posted by laaaabiii View Post
            Hi guys,

I just had my interview today in NYC, basically approved on spot the interview started off with asking my husband (USC) questions, and then me. Officer asked how we met, what car he drove and had us told him our love story. And then the YES/NO questions on the application. I was super nervous until the officer asked us about our love story and then it turned into more of a conversation. My suggestion is just be prepared (documents) and be honest. Now i am waiting for the system to get updated and looking forward to receive the GC. Good luck to all of you! Feel free to ask me questions if you have any

just updated: New Card is being Produced!!
            Congrats! I remember you let your H1b expired during the process. Did the officer ask about this at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC_USC_I130 View Post

Congrats! I remember you let your H1b expired during the process. Did the officer ask about this at all?
              Nope, he didnt ask at all. He asked my husband about my current job, work address, but didnt go into details.

Comment

Nope, he didnt ask at all. He asked my husband about my current job, work address, but didnt go into details.
                Gotcha. So you walked into the interview with expired H1B and came out with a green card approval, right?

Comment

Gotcha. So you walked into the interview with expired H1B and came out with a green card approval, right?
                  Yep.

Comment

Yep.
                    Nice! I am gonna do the same most likely. Congrats again!

Comment

Nice! I am gonna do the same most likely. Congrats again!
                      Thanks! Good luck to you! Have you filed it yet?

Comment

• NEW CARD BEING PRODUCE

06/01/2017: Got married
                        08/08/2017: Sent files to USCIS
                        08/10/2017: USCIS received files
                        08/18/2017: Text received from USCIS
                        08/22/2017: Receipts in Mail from USCIS
                        09/14/2017: Biometrics Done.
                        09/15/2017: Got an RFE - Form I-130A which i didn't submit with my initial package.
                        09/26/2017: USCIS received my response for my RFE.
                        11/01/2017: Called to USCIS and spoke to an officer that told me, that my case resets from the moment they received my RFE response.
                        11/13/2017: Called USCIS and put a service request in, for my EAD application (94th day from original PD)
                        11/27/2017: EAD APPROVAL LETTER IN THE MAIL. YESSSSS!!!
                        11/30/2017 RECEIVED EAD CARD in the mail.
                        12/01/2017: APPLIED FOR SSN
                        07/20/2018: APPLY FOR EAD RENEWAL (NO NEWS YET)
                        02/12/2019: GOT EMAIL INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED
                        02/19/2019: Interview Letter Arrived in the Mail. Interview is Scheduled exactly a month from today (VERY EXCITING NEWS)
                        03/19/2019: Interview Completed
                        03/27/2019: New Card Being Produced YESSSSSSSS!!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!

TIME TO GO SURFINNNNNNNGGGG
                        Last edited by Surfer27; 03-27-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Good luck to you! Have you filed it yet?
                          Yeah. My case is ready for interview. Just waiting for a date now. My field office is NYC so it will take a while...

Comment

• Hi everyone! I posted a separate thread for this, but wanted to post here as well for NYC filers.

We had our interview today (3/28). My husband is a USC and I'm from the U.K.

We arrived at 12:30pm for a 1pm appointment in the Brooklyn field office, so the 8th floor of the big NYC federal building. We arrived with our attorney and gave our interview notice in at the desk. We sat in the waiting room, which had about 30 people in it.

Our number was called at around 2:30 p.m., so we had an hour and a half wait. Not so bad. Our officer was very nice and the opposite of aggressive. He seemed young and quite new, and was extremely thorough. He explained the interview process, then my husband and I raised our right hands and swore to tell the truth. Our lawyer then handed over our updated evidence. Our previous lawyer (long story) filed a pretty thin packet, so this new evidence was really to make up for that. It included three signed affidavits from friends and family, photos, leases, bank statements, married jointly filed taxes, life/health/rental insurance, evidence of joint travel, Costco and Amazon memberships. We have been dating since 2012 and have photos from that far back, so the officer commented on how we've known each other for a long time. I also gave him original copies of our birth certificates, passports, marriage certificate, drivers licenses, and my new medical exam. The officer went through all of this evidence at his desk, in front of us.

Then came the questions. I'd say my husband and I were asked an equal number of questions.

I was asked:
                            • How and when we met
                            • If my husband is currently working and, if so, where
                            • His previous employers
                            • To describe our neighborhood (what kind of businesses are our the streets nearby)
                            • Where we live now and where we previously lived together
                            • How many people attended our second wedding reception in my hometown in the U.K.
                            My husband was asked:
                            • Where I work
                            • What subway lines are near our apartment
                            • When we were married and what the wedding was like (he spoke about our wedding, plus both receptions. Our first was in the U.S.)
                            We were both asked:
                            • Each others' full names and birthdays
                            • Each others' parent's names
                            • The names of our sisters
                            I felt pretty calm during all of this because they are simple questions. There were just a lot of them.

He then asked a TON of security questions, which is no surprise. Am I a prostitute/communist/planning to overthrow the U.S. government? Are my parents drug traffickers? He asked maybe 20-30 of these questions. After this, he made copies of a couple of documents and it was all over.

TIPS: My birth certificate was different than the one I initially filed, so make sure those line up. Today I brought the longer one from the U.K., but I'd filed with a shorter version. The officer also needed copies of the parole stamps in my passport (using Advanced Parole), so that's something to include if you have them.

The entire interview took about 40 minutes. The number of questions and meticulousness of the officer was likely because he was young, according to our lawyer. Fair play, he just wants to make sure everything is done by the book. I am relieved and tired, but will be truly happy once the green card is in my hands. Fingers crossed the wait isn't too long!

Please ask questions if you have them. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
                            Marriage-based AOS, Brooklyn field office
                            8-30-17 I-130/I-485 received
                            11-2-17 - I-485 RFE mailed
                            11-9-17 - I-485/I-130 name updated
                            11-21-17 - I-485 RFE received
                            12-10-17 - 1st EAD card in hand
                            3-16-18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
                            7-30-18 -EAD/AP RENEWAL case received
                            8-2-18 - EAD/AP fingerprint completed
                            1-31-19 - Service request #1 for EAD/AP renewal
                            2-20-19 - Interview scheduled for 3-28-19
                            3-28-19 - Had interview!
                            4-5-19 New card is being produced
                            4-13-19 - Green card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by lvzw View Post
                              Hi everyone! I posted a separate thread for this, but wanted to post here as well for NYC filers.

We had our interview today (3/28). My husband is a USC and I'm from the U.K.

We arrived at 12:30pm for a 1pm appointment in the Brooklyn field office, so the 8th floor of the big NYC federal building. We arrived with our attorney and gave our interview notice in at the desk. We sat in the waiting room, which had about 30 people in it.

Our number was called at around 2:30 p.m., so we had an hour and a half wait. Not so bad. Our officer was very nice and the opposite of aggressive. He seemed young and quite new, and was extremely thorough. He explained the interview process, then my husband and I raised our right hands and swore to tell the truth. Our lawyer then handed over our updated evidence. Our previous lawyer (long story) filed a pretty thin packet, so this new evidence was really to make up for that. It included three signed affidavits from friends and family, photos, leases, bank statements, married jointly filed taxes, life/health/rental insurance, evidence of joint travel, Costco and Amazon memberships. We have been dating since 2012 and have photos from that far back, so the officer commented on how we've known each other for a long time. I also gave him original copies of our birth certificates, passports, marriage certificate, drivers licenses, and my new medical exam. The officer went through all of this evidence at his desk, in front of us.

Then came the questions. I'd say my husband and I were asked an equal number of questions.

I was asked:
                              • How and when we met
                              • If my husband is currently working and, if so, where
                              • His previous employers
                              • To describe our neighborhood (what kind of businesses are our the streets nearby)
                              • Where we live now and where we previously lived together
                              • How many people attended our second wedding reception in my hometown in the U.K.
                              My husband was asked:
                              • Where I work
                              • What subway lines are near our apartment
                              • When we were married and what the wedding was like (he spoke about our wedding, plus both receptions. Our first was in the U.S.)
                              We were both asked:
                              • Each others' full names and birthdays
                              • Each others' parent's names
                              • The names of our sisters
                              I felt pretty calm during all of this because they are simple questions. There were just a lot of them.

He then asked a TON of security questions, which is no surprise. Am I a prostitute/communist/planning to overthrow the U.S. government? Are my parents drug traffickers? He asked maybe 20-30 of these questions. After this, he made copies of a couple of documents and it was all over.

TIPS: My birth certificate was different than the one I initially filed, so make sure those line up. Today I brought the longer one from the U.K., but I'd filed with a shorter version. The officer also needed copies of the parole stamps in my passport (using Advanced Parole), so that's something to include if you have them.

The entire interview took about 40 minutes. The number of questions and meticulousness of the officer was likely because he was young, according to our lawyer. Fair play, he just wants to make sure everything is done by the book. I am relieved and tired, but will be truly happy once the green card is in my hands. Fingers crossed the wait isn't too long!

Please ask questions if you have them. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
                              Congratulations!!! happy for you!!

Did you get your EAD and AP renewal?
                              Also, I didn't know I need to do the biometric fingerprint again for the renewal.
                              I sent the forms 8 mouths ago and still waiting for update

Comment

• Originally posted by justMe2019 View Post

Congratulations!!! happy for you!!

Did you get your EAD and AP renewal?
                                Also, I didn't know I need to do the biometric fingerprint again for the renewal.
                                I sent the forms 8 mouths ago and still waiting for update
                                Thank you.

I have not got the EAD/AP renewal yet. I submitted those in July 2018 and am still waiting. They used my biometrics from the first time around for the renewal.
                                Marriage-based AOS, Brooklyn field office
                                8-30-17 I-130/I-485 received
                                11-2-17 - I-485 RFE mailed
                                11-9-17 - I-485/I-130 name updated
                                11-21-17 - I-485 RFE received
                                12-10-17 - 1st EAD card in hand
                                3-16-18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
                                7-30-18 -EAD/AP RENEWAL case received
                                8-2-18 - EAD/AP fingerprint completed
                                1-31-19 - Service request #1 for EAD/AP renewal
                                2-20-19 - Interview scheduled for 3-28-19
                                3-28-19 - Had interview!