No announcement yet.

All NYC Filers..... let's talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys, I am new to this forum, I will explain my case.

I arrived in the USA UU. In 2016 with the F1 visa (student visa), this visa expired in 2021, but my permission to stay in the country was only for one year.
    In March 2018 I married a permanent resident.
    In August 2018, we completed forms i-130 and N-400.
    He became a US citizen on July 25, 2019
    We sent a letter to the USCIS to update the I-130 case because he became a US citizen
    We completed the forms i-485, i-131 and the employment authorization on September 9, 2019, we also attach the naturalization certificate.
    On October 10, 2019 we received the notice of receipt that they received the case
    On October 25, 2019 we received the letter to the biometrics appointment
    On November 8th they gave me the appointment in Fort Myers, FL.

WE STILL EXPECT THE APPROVAL OF FORM I-130
    Do any of you know how many months I can get my employment authorization? My receipt number begins with the letters MSC

Comment

• Originally posted by imexhausted View Post
      Hello NYC filers,
      I did AOS- marriage based, my PD date was 06/10/2019 - Manhattan filer- and my process was pretty quick!

We just had our interview on Thursday (November 7th) and greencard approved yesterday (November 8th)!!

Our interview was re-routed to the Queens office 9th floor Federal Plaza, and then they sent us to the 4th floor. Very quick process overall (only 3 months!).

Hope this gives you guys some hope!

WOOOOWWW!!!!! I’m stunned with how fast this was. I’ve never even heard of this. Hoping the good Lord will help me this way too. Lol ???? congrats
      Marriage AOS (from tourist visa)
      Received Nov 4th& Priority Date also Nov 4th
      I130 i485 & work permit (did not apply for travel documents )

Nov 15 received 2 hard copies for NOA
      Nov 22 Received biometrics appointment Notice
      Biometrics done, Dec 2nd.

Jan 6 2020 courtesy letter for missing medical (dated Dec 31 2019, mailed Jan 2nd 2020)
      Ready to be scheduled for interview (Jan 31st 2020)

“Nothing can stop Gods plan for your life” Isaiah 14:27

Comment

• Originally posted by Islandgirl93 View Post

WOOOOWWW!!!!! I’m stunned with how fast this was. I’ve never even heard of this. Hoping the good Lord will help me this way too. Lol ???? congrats
        Right? lol I've been waiting for a re-schedule for 3 mos. now. -_- Hopefully, imexhausted 's case means they are starting to process just a bit faster than before?
        **one can only hope...
        4/19 - RD (485, 130, 765)
        5/15 - Bio date
        8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
        8/2 - Interview scheduled
        8/7 - online update interview cancelled
        9/23 EAD exp.
        10/21 - EAD received in mail
        02/09 - interview scheduled

130 - no updates since 4/25/19 (receipt notice)

Comment

• Originally posted by kkaren View Post

Right? lol I've been waiting for a re-schedule for 3 mos. now. -_- Hopefully, imexhausted 's case means they are starting to process just a bit faster than before?
          **one can only hope...
          I really do hope so. It’s taking forever

Jan 6 2020 courtesy letter for missing medical (dated Dec 31 2019, mailed Jan 2nd 2020)

Comment

• Just wanna give my update. On dec 10th,2019 My i485 updated to “Interview was scheduled “, didn’t get the mail yet, we are shocked and surprised, I am queens, New York filer where usual timeline is 14-21 months, but it’s been 3and half months only, Feeling nervous cause we didn’t prepare any documents, pictures yet for interview as we didn’t expect it that early, Yesterday on December 12th i765 changed “new card is being produced”, today it changed to “case was approved”. Yet I didn’t get the update of new card is mailed, do you guys know how long it will take?
            my pd was August 28th, 2019Btw I didn’t expedite or never called them.
            Last edited by Subrinafahad; 12-14-2019, 02:05 AM.
            Queens, NY filer
            Came with F1 and currently out of status.
            Married to USC
            Sent i 485, i 130, i 765, i 693 to Chicago Lockbox

8/28/2019: Priority date
            9/03: I-797C from NBC
            9/06: Biometrics appointment received
            9/24: Biometrics done
            9/27: USCIS website- “case was updated to show all fingerprints were taken and case is in process”
            10/17: Courtesy letter for i693
            11/20: case is ready to be scheduled for interview
            12/10: Interview was scheduled for I485
            12/12: New card is being produced for I765

Comment

• Originally posted by Subrinafahad View Post

Just wanna give my update. On dec 10th,2019 My i485 updated to “Interview was scheduled “, didn’t get the mail yet, we are shocked and surprised, I am queens, New York filer where usual timeline is 14-21 months, but it’s been 3and half months only, Feeling nervous cause we didn’t prepare any documents, pictures yet for interview as we didn’t expect it that early, Yesterday on December 12th i765 changed “new card is being produced”, today it changed to “case was approved”. Yet I didn’t get the update of new card is mailed, do you guys know how long it will take?
              my pd was August 28th, 2019Btw I didn’t expedite or never called them.
              I’m beyond excited for you. Relax and collect everything you can. Private message me if you need any help with evidences you can collect. I’m also NYC filer in the Bronx. Seems NY is moving a little faster than we expected. Hope I’m as lucky as you are.

Comment

• We are in Queens - I am USC and my wife is on H1B. Application received by USCIS in early August. My wife had her biometrics done in early October. A month later in early November, we got a ready to schedule interview notice in the mail. Yesterday (12/13) was the interview in Manhattan - they have a Queens field office there. You go up to the 9th floor and then down to the 4th floor where it takes place. Case was approved basically during the meeting (don't think they're supposed to do that but they did).

We should hopefully have the green card next week sometime. My wife's case is straight forward - total time from them receiving it to my wife having her green card in hand looks to be about 4.5 months.

Comment

• My wife (the petitioner) and I arrived for our marriage based interview on dec 11th and after 4 hours were told that our officer had an emergency and that we would be assigned to a different officer, and hour later they sent us home saying they can not locate our documents. They gave us back the notice with I’m assuming the name of the assigned officer on it and that it. I took the small paper with our que number to prove we were there.

I haven’t found so far anyone who experienced this.

We filed on June 28th 2019
                  The interview was scheduled for December 11th on October 31st 2019
                  (EAD and Travel document arrived on December 4th)
                  Our lawyer never experienced this and doesn’t know what to do next.

This is Queens Field office and the interview was in Manhattan NY.

I got a tier to calling me today and she said there’s nothing that can be done and that we need to wait for them to contact us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muziv82 View Post
                    My wife (the petitioner) and I arrived for our marriage based interview on dec 11th and after 4 hours were told that our officer had an emergency and that we would be assigned to a different officer, and hour later they sent us home saying they can not locate our documents. They gave us back the notice with I’m assuming the name of the assigned officer on it and that it. I took the small paper with our que number to prove we were there.

I haven’t found so far anyone who experienced this.

We filed on June 28th 2019
                    The interview was scheduled for December 11th on October 31st 2019
                    (EAD and Travel document arrived on December 4th)
                    Our lawyer never experienced this and doesn’t know what to do next.

This is Queens Field office and the interview was in Manhattan NY.

I got a tier to calling me today and she said there’s nothing that can be done and that we need to wait for them to contact us.
                    That’s definitely crazy. Never heard that one before. But I guess this coming week you should hear from them.

Comment

That’s definitely crazy. Never heard that one before. But I guess this coming week you should hear from them.
                      It is, I can’t find anyone who had this issue before. How do you I will hear from them this coming week?

Comment

It is, I can’t find anyone who had this issue before. How do you I will hear from them this coming week?
                        Just a guess. You were assigned to someone but they had to run out of office. I’m just assuming once they’re back at work they’d try to fit you in during the week. I mean that’s what I would do.

Comment

Just a guess. You were assigned to someone but they had to run out of office. I’m just assuming once they’re back at work they’d try to fit you in during the week. I mean that’s what I would do.
                          That’s what they said at first essentially. Then they said someone else took the case and then the third time they came out they said they can’t find the documents so I’m not sure what to believe. However, if you are right, I really hope they would reschedule it quickly because I have heard of people waiting for years.
                          As a matter of fact, no one really called our name, after 3 hours we started inquiring over and over again to get an answer. This was at the end of the day..

Comment

That’s what they said at first essentially. Then they said someone else took the case and then the third time they came out they said they can’t find the documents so I’m not sure what to believe. However, if you are right, I really hope they would reschedule it quickly because I have heard of people waiting for years.
                            As a matter of fact, no one really called our name, after 3 hours we started inquiring over and over again to get an answer. This was at the end of the day..
                            lol hope it will be sooner than later. Good luck

Comment

lol hope it will be sooner than later. Good luck
                              Thank you.

did anyone here ever sent home without getting an interview due to the officer having an emergency??

Comment

• Muziv82 let us know if you hear back from them. When mine was scheduled and subsequently cancelled, I had called them and was informed this happens if: IO had an emergency and couldn't keep the appointment, the queue is longer due to overscheduling, etc. They told me there is nothing I can do but wait for them to reschedule. That was 4 mos. ago.

I have been waiting. The problem I see is that it might have been overlooked now since I do see they are processing others after me, but I honestly haven't had the chance to call, specially since we are still within time according to Queens timeframes..

There are also others that were scheduled already from the same date as my original interview was, which is why I wonder...

Hope you hear back soon.
                                Please keep us updated, thanks!
                                4/19 - RD (485, 130, 765)
                                5/15 - Bio date
                                8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
                                8/2 - Interview scheduled
                                8/7 - online update interview cancelled
                                9/23 EAD exp.
                                10/21 - EAD received in mail
                                02/09 - interview scheduled

130 - no updates since 4/25/19 (receipt notice)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X