Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We had our interview yesterday. We and our lawyer thought it went well. We were asked about our personal information (name, address, DOB, place of birth, job, etc...) as well as those YES/NO questions on I-485. Other than that, we were also asked how we first met, when we decided to get serious get married, and how the marriage is proposed.

    The interviewer only asked for our latest tax return and documents that substantiate our relationship. We submitted our joint phone bill, credit card image, photos taken together, travel itinerary, and insurance statements in addition to the joint tax return.


    We were not approved on the spot. We just received an email stating our case "must be reviewed".

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ftsoh View Post
      We had our interview yesterday. We and our lawyer thought it went well. We were asked about our personal information (name, address, DOB, place of birth, job, etc...) as well as those YES/NO questions on I-485. Other than that, we were also asked how we first met, when we decided to get serious get married, and how the marriage is proposed.

      The interviewer only asked for our latest tax return and documents that substantiate our relationship. We submitted our joint phone bill, credit card image, photos taken together, travel itinerary, and insurance statements in addition to the joint tax return.


      We were not approved on the spot. We just received an email stating our case "must be reviewed".
      ftsoh thank you for writing back in the forum, looks like a cookie cutter kind of interview, pretty standard, and I wouldn't worry much, your lawyer said it went well, so I'm sure you will be receiving some good news down the pike. Have a great weekend!
      Cheers.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by B_Andie View Post


        the reason I got was “case under review”. I thought it was crazy and felt sad we were not approved on the spot...but few hours after posting this I got a message saying that my card is in production ????.

        for the medical exam I thought I had to get a new one but the lawyer told me that if they needed one USCIS would send a doc requesting it before the interview . I didn’t get it so I went to the interview assuming mine was ok.

        The Uscis agent was not friendly; very straightforward. So she asked how we met, how was the first date, where we live now, what was my job, if I was still working, asked to check some pictures. We had over 20 pics with family and friends and based on hair styles and weight you could see this was for the last 5 years or so and in different cities.
        then the yes/no questions and finally confirmed some information.
        I felt bad after the interview because I had way more evidence and because of the situation I forgot to share it. Interesting thing this person didn’t care about my husbands paystubs...he only wanted to see mine..and information about our joint account and expenses...

        anyways, I am happy this chapter is closed. Thanks for the support ????
        BIG CONGRATULATIONS B_Andie let us know when you get your GC.

        Thank you for writing back in the forum about your interview. It does help to anticipate scenarios based on other's experiences. And while we wont mind a stern and straight forward immigration officer, we will be ready to be calm and friendly.

        Cheers.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

          ftsoh thank you for writing back in the forum, looks like a cookie cutter kind of interview, pretty standard, and I wouldn't worry much, your lawyer said it went well, so I'm sure you will be receiving some good news down the pike. Have a great weekend!
          Cheers.
          Thanks gaps0214 Good luck with your interview next week too.
          We have a personal friend (also in Seattle) who got approved on the spot a year or two ago. However, since I read a few cases that weren't, we are prepared for this situation. Just hope the review won't take too long. Wonder if this had become the norm these days.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

            BIG CONGRATULATIONS B_Andie let us know when you get your GC.

            Thank you for writing back in the forum about your interview. It does help to anticipate scenarios based on other's experiences. And while we wont mind a stern and straight forward immigration officer, we will be ready to be calm and friendly.

            Cheers.
            You are welcome!
            So I review the case app and my case was approved on the same day of the interview but it was only updated in the system a day after.

            I recommend you to to be straightforward with your interview and ask after the interview what are the next steps. I told her we want to take vacations in November and she said “ I will review yourcase, and if approved you should hear from us by end of week”. I read online that some interviewers say “I don’t see why I would not approve this” so make sure you ask so you leave with peace

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

              Thanks gaps0214 Good luck with your interview next week too.
              We have a personal friend (also in Seattle) who got approved on the spot a year or two ago. However, since I read a few cases that weren't, we are prepared for this situation. Just hope the review won't take too long. Wonder if this had become the norm these days.
              I read online from lawyers advice that this has become the new trend nowadays. They are not approving on the spot and most likely our cases are passing another check after the interview.

              Comment


              • B_Andie ftsoh thank you both for your updates, we are of course having a bad case of the nerves which is probably unnecessary im posting our Table of Contents for the documents we plan to bring on Monday in case you have any suggestions, I am obviously fishing for some more confidence-boosting comments which is really being silly but if you do I would appreciate it

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                    B_Andie ftsoh thank you both for your updates, we are of course having a bad case of the nerves which is probably unnecessary im posting our Table of Contents for the documents we plan to bring on Monday in case you have any suggestions, I am obviously fishing for some more confidence-boosting comments which is really being silly but if you do I would appreciate it
                    I think you had prepared more documents than I do. Just make sure you do not miss anything in the interview letter and you should be good. They only asked two things from us (latest tax return and supporting documents to proof our relationship). They did not ask for anything that we submitted in the I-485 application. However, your interviewer may ask for more documents, so who knows? Good luck to you!

                    By the way, I received email last night stating the card is being produced.
                    Last edited by ftsoh; 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

                      I think you had prepared more documents than I do. Just make sure you do not miss anything in the interview letter and you should be good. They only asked two things from us (latest tax return and supporting documents to proof our relationship). They did not ask for anything that we submitted in the I-485 application. However, your interviewer may ask for more documents, so who knows? Good luck to you!

                      By the way, I received email last night stating the card is being produced.
                      BIG CONGRATULATIONS ftsoh well done!!!
                      That should be a big relief for you both.
                      We hope our Monday turns out just like yours. Have a great weekend!
                      Cheers.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

                        BIG CONGRATULATIONS ftsoh well done!!!
                        That should be a big relief for you both.
                        We hope our Monday turns out just like yours. Have a great weekend!
                        Cheers.
                        Thanks.
                        I am sure you will be fine. Like my lawyer said, you know your relationship is genuine. Just be truthful when you answer the questions. It is ok to say you forget or don't know if it is the truth.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

                          Thanks.
                          I am sure you will be fine. Like my lawyer said, you know your relationship is genuine. Just be truthful when you answer the questions. It is ok to say you forget or don't know if it is the truth.
                          ftsoh thank you very much for the tip, its now close to about 12 hours before our schedule and we just finalized the document review, hubby says we are looking good with 5 binders worth of paper evidence to bring in the interview, he seems impressed with the organization of it all, and he says it takes a lot to impress him (which sounded like music to my ears ) he's such a sweet guy, anyways, will definitely be back in the forum tomorrow, no matter how it turns out, but of course we are looking forward to get a favorable review.
                          Cheers.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

                            I think you had prepared more documents than I do. Just make sure you do not miss anything in the interview letter and you should be good. They only asked two things from us (latest tax return and supporting documents to proof our relationship). They did not ask for anything that we submitted in the I-485 application. However, your interviewer may ask for more documents, so who knows? Good luck to you!

                            By the way, I received email last night stating the card is being produced.
                            Big congrats. We still have not heard anything back. Makes me a little nervous. Happy to see everything is going well for everyone. Hoping to hear back on ours soon.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

                              Big congrats. We still have not heard anything back. Makes me a little nervous. Happy to see everything is going well for everyone. Hoping to hear back on ours soon.
                              Dorothyguenther we just finished our interview this morning and like you we didnt get approved on the spot like what we read about in some posts hereabouts, BUT, the last parting words we got from the immigration officer is that we had more documents than he expected ftsoh you were right!
                              So our interview was pretty cookie cutter as expected:
                              Logged in 5 mins before our schedule, it was raining and boy that parking lot is a bit of walk from the building.
                              Got called a little bit over half an hour past the interview schedule in the NOA
                              Our immigration officer was a gentleman with a really positive aura about him, quiet nice but not too nice, my husband thought he was pretty stern and straightforward
                              We started with identification documents
                              Then a review of the I-485 with the IO asking the questions from the form, checking answers, asking alternately between me and my husband.
                              Hubby forgot my middle name and totally blacked on my parents' names, but I thought it didnt matter.
                              There were roughly 10-11 updates on my I-485 information that was noted by the IO and he said we were doing fine.
                              Then a litany of Yes and No answer questions which I had to just coast through as this was pretty standard.
                              Afterwards it was a free wheeling conversation about our relationship history while the IO typed in his computer like a stenographer would in court.
                              Then finally it was a review of additional documents so I took out the big gun filer folders and gave the IO the sheet of the Table of Contents to tell us which documents he wants to see.
                              He asked for petitioner's copy of birth certificate and copy of passport, and cherry picked on our evidences of relationship, taking a page here and there, so he basically took a bank statement (latest one), a copy of our joint car insurance, a copy of the latest one of each of our utility bills statements (PSE, Seattle Light, Water District), a scan printout of our joint memberships with AARP, Costco, and joint credit cards with Citibank and Alaska Air, we also scanned magazines and publications we have joint subcriptions to, he skipped our joint life insurance, our DPOA for Finance, Healthcare, and Health Directives, but finally took the latest billing statement of our T-mobile family plan.
                              Then the immigration officer proceeded to do the standard spiel issuing us that letter about having completed the interview. I was so relieved we were done with this that I didnt hear the details of other information he was conveying about the timeline when we are to expect to hear about the AOS status, and the issuance of the GC, and when we should be calling in if we didnt hear from them at a certain point.
                              What I heard though is his parting words that goes like: I dont see any reason why you shouldn't be getting your GC but your file needs to be reviewed by another person, your documents are more than what other gay couples come around with, and you have presented more than I could reasonably expect. You will definitely hear from us soon.
                              We said our goodbyes and was promptly escorted out.
                              That's my story today, and I hope it helps those who are still waiting to go into their GC interviews.

                              Comment


                              • Dorothy,
                                hold on. Do not panic. I hope you get your update soon.

                                gaps - congrats on finishing the interview. I am sure you will get good news!

                                ftsoh- did your uscis dhs got updated ?
                                mine was card is in production and after that it changed to case was approved (for both - 485 and 130)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X