X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by xiaominz View Post
    Family based filer, PD is 2018 Aug, looks like 2018 Mar has started to get their interviews scheduled With this speed, I'm expecting 2020 Jan, will share if anything changes.
    Its your turn next, who knows you'll be getting one next month and it'll be your awesome christmas present.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
    Question about the i693...This document was included when I filed for GC...should I re-do the test again? I have emailed lawyer but she is out of the office. I applied in March 2018.
    I am not sure about this but I'd rather immigration ask me for another 693 if indeed our initial submission is only valid for 1 year, it sounds oppressive that they ask us to submit a 693 only to have a limited validity that is not consistent with their processing time periods. So I'll keep my option open, these 693s aren't cheap.
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    Just got an update my interview was scheduled, PD April, 2018
    super excited!

Leave a comment:

• xiaominz
    replied
    Family based filer, PD is 2018 Aug, looks like 2018 Mar has started to get their interviews scheduled With this speed, I'm expecting 2020 Jan, will share if anything changes.

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by annette2412 View Post

Hey! When I was filling for my renewal work permit , I followed instructions on USCIS web site. No payment is needed, and I didn’t include my birth certificate. Make sure to file application correctly, include copies of your current work permit, passport, ID, American visa. I shipped with FEDEX.
    Here is the link with instructions.
    https://www.uscis.gov/i-765
    Thank you! I sent out my renewal with FEDEX too. I shipped it with the cheapest price which guarantee to be delivered on Wed. Hopefully I can get the 180days auto extension.

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Thank you ftsoh keep the thread posted about your situation when it changes, this forum really helps just take the bite off some anxious moments.
    Cheers.
    Will do. We got the interview letter last week and we are scheduled in early September. Hopefully I will have good news to share in a few weeks.

Question about the i693...This document was included when I filed for GC...should I re-do the test again? I have emailed lawyer but she is out of the office. I applied in March 2018.
    Based on my understanding, I-693 was valid for only 1 year if filed prior to Nov 2018. Its validity was changed to 2 years on Nov 1, 2018. Therefore, I think you need to redo your medical.

However, it is best to wait till your lawyer responses. Also it may not hurt to schedule a medical exam anyway and then cancel if your lawyer says you don't need it.
    Last edited by ftsoh; 08-12-2019, 07:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by Ro13inhood View Post
    UPDATE: Got an update. Marriage based concurrent filing on 04/1/2018, got an update today - Testing & Interview. I am hoping to get a interview date soon (not sure how soon). Anyone has an idea what's the next step and approx. duration?
    I'm curious about your update that says Testing & Interview.
    Which part of the AOS process are you in?
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied

We were planning to move by end of September. Since we own a property here we’re still planning to leave this address as our lawyer confirmed that although they canceled the first interview (July) they were planning to reschedule. It seems she had other clients with similar issues. We are still moving by end of September and might not need to change anything because our interview is the first week of September
    Looks like you've got all bases covered there B_Andie
    Have a great weekend
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by ftsoh View Post
    gaps0214 Congratulations!
    Thank you ftsoh keep the thread posted about your situation when it changes, this forum really helps just take the bite off some anxious moments.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    Originally posted by vv123 View Post
    Hi Seattle filers,

I am waiting for my AOS interview with PD May, 2018. Still no update yet. Following your timeline, hopefully I will get a notice this Oct.

Now I am renewing EAD & AP which will expire next month. I have some questions can anyone help?

1. I don't need application fee for either EAD or AP right?

2.Do I need to send copy of birth certificate with I-765 and I-131 ?

3. Which way of shipping are accepted for USPS, Fedex etc. ?

Thank you so much and good luck!

Hey! When I was filling for my renewal work permit , I followed instructions on USCIS web site. No payment is needed, and I didn’t include my birth certificate. Make sure to file application correctly, include copies of your current work permit, passport, ID, American visa. I shipped with FEDEX.
    Here is the link with instructions.
    Certain aliens noncitizens who are in the United States may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other aliens noncitizens whose immigration status authorizes them to work in the United States without restrictions may also use Form I-765 to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for an EAD that shows such authorization.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied

Thanks for the heads up.
    Are you ready for your interview? Or are you rescheduling due to your move?
    Good luck as always.
    Cheers.
    We were planning to move by end of September. Since we own a property here we’re still planning to leave this address as our lawyer confirmed that although they canceled the first interview (July) they were planning to reschedule. It seems she had other clients with similar issues. We are still moving by end of September and might not need to change anything because our interview is the first week of September

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied

Congrats! The letter should arrive exactly a week later from the update in the system.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Are you ready for your interview? Or are you rescheduling due to your move?
    Good luck as always.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied
    UPDATE: Today we received an update saying an interview has been scheduled. We will keep everyone posted when we receive the letter notice in the mail. See our timeline below.
    Cheers.

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018 RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Extension of EAD/AP Sent
    March 15, 2019: Received 797 on AP Renewal
    August 2, 2019: Status Updated to Interview is Scheduled
    Congrats! The letter should arrive exactly a week later from the update in the system.

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Hi Seattle filers,

I am waiting for my AOS interview with PD May, 2018. Still no update yet. Following your timeline, hopefully I will get a notice this Oct.

Now I am renewing EAD & AP which will expire next month. I have some questions can anyone help?

1. I don't need application fee for either EAD or AP right?

2.Do I need to send copy of birth certificate with I-765 and I-131 ?

3. Which way of shipping are accepted for USPS, Fedex etc. ?

Thank you so much and good luck!

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X