X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by vv123 View Post

I think we will have a permanent GC after two years automatically (if still in marriage) right? Is this thread for remove the condition earlier or just for 2 years later? Thanks!
    vv123 Hi there, an ROC application needs to be filed with another payment for the I-751 and biometric services at month 21 before the 2-year conditional GC expires. So take note of your date and make sure the I-751 is filed within the 90-day period before expiration date of your GC.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    Hello - you have to file to remove conditions. It is not automatic.

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    Hello Seattle Filers with conditional GC,

So we've subscribed to another thread across the pond, you might want to keep an eye for that because UScitizenFilingforspouse who has been very diligent in the AOS threads has put up a TOC for the removal of conditions which could be a great resource in putting together your strategy and get through the removal filing with ease when the time comes, link is below:

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/after...nent-residence

Cheers
    I think we will have a permanent GC after two years automatically (if still in marriage) right? Is this thread for remove the condition earlier or just for 2 years later? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    I had my interview on Sep 24th and now the new card is ordered and i485 approved. Not sure why the online status i130 is not approved yet. Looking forward to receive my GC! Thanks all for the great information here. And good luck to those still waiting for interviews or having a coming interview~

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by Aj9188 View Post
    Thanks ! I’m curious to know how far out the actual interview dates are from the point you get scheduled.
    For my case it was one month.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers with conditional GC,

So we've subscribed to another thread across the pond, you might want to keep an eye for that because UScitizenFilingforspouse who has been very diligent in the AOS threads has put up a TOC for the removal of conditions which could be a great resource in putting together your strategy and get through the removal filing with ease when the time comes, link is below:

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/after...nent-residence

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Thanks ! I’m curious to know how far out the actual interview dates are from the point you get scheduled.
    Interview date is about a month from your NOA and NOA arrives about 5 days after your case status changes to Interview Scheduled.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sea062018
    replied

That’s wonderful news. Good luck and congratulations! Mine is August 28 2019 and so I’m hopeful that if someone in late June is getting scheduled I’m not too far away !
    Thank you very much! We're super happy here!
    Soon you'll receive an Interview Update

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    Originally posted by sea062018 View Post
    Today I woke up to very good news: my interview is finally scheduled!
    I'll be back here with the interview date as soon as I receive the notice.

Seattle – PD June 28 2018
    That’s wonderful news. Good luck and congratulations! Mine is August 28 2019 and so I’m hopeful that if someone in late June is getting scheduled I’m not too far away !

Leave a comment:

• sea062018
    replied
    Today I woke up to very good news: my interview is finally scheduled!
    I'll be back here with the interview date as soon as I receive the notice.

Seattle – PD June 28 2018

Leave a comment:

• sea062018
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers,

Just updating the forum with my details which culminated to the final arrival of the 2 year conditional GC below:

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP : Received 737s but nothing afterwards
    August 2, 2019: Initial Interview Scheduled
    August 8, 2019: Received NOA for Initial Interview Scheduled
    September 9, 2019: Initial Interview for AOS - for further review 30 days - no approval on the spot
    September 19, 2019: I-485 was approved, status changed to card being produced September 21, 2019
    September 26, 2019: 2 Year Conditional GC received in mail

In total a little bit over 18 months end-to-end from PD to GC.

My Quick Tips:
    • Some of you may still be waiting for their interviews, do stay patient, it will come.
    • When interview notice comes, start putting together the best evidences required for the AOS interview, better fully prepared and just have the immigration officer cherry-pick from your collection of documents, rather than not have what they asked for in the first place in the AOS interview NOA letter.
    • On interview day, shower shave dress up wear makeup be pretty/handsome, it makes a very good first impression, come on time and engage the immigration officer with smiles and light conversation, answering questions directly and briefly, only explain some more if they ask you to give more details.
    • For the ones who had interviews and are still hurdling through an RFE or a case still for further review, take it easy, give them what they ask for in terms of evidence and you will be fine, otherwise its just a matter of time if you have done all your best to provide evidence for them to approve your AOS.
    Until the next stage of the journey 21 months from now, we thank everyone in the forum for being part of our journey to this point, it always helps to know you are not the only one going through the process and the anxieties, we are very very grateful.

Cheers.

Hey gaps0214, thanks for coming back to share all your timeline and some very important tips with us!
    My PD is June 28, 2018 and I'm still waiting for my interview to be scheduled.
    The silver lining on my end is that we're heading to our 3rd wedding anniversary so, by the time we have the interview, it will be a Permanent GC.

This waiting game causes a lot of anxiety but posts like yours definitely give us a lot of hope.
    I wish you and your spouse a lovely journey filled with happiness!

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers,

Just updating the forum with my details which culminated to the final arrival of the 2 year conditional GC below:

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP : Received 737s but nothing afterwards
    August 2, 2019: Initial Interview Scheduled
    August 8, 2019: Received NOA for Initial Interview Scheduled
    September 9, 2019: Initial Interview for AOS - for further review 30 days - no approval on the spot
    September 19, 2019: I-485 was approved, status changed to card being produced September 21, 2019
    September 26, 2019: 2 Year Conditional GC received in mail

In total a little bit over 18 months end-to-end from PD to GC.

My Quick Tips:
    • Some of you may still be waiting for their interviews, do stay patient, it will come.
    • When interview notice comes, start putting together the best evidences required for the AOS interview, better fully prepared and just have the immigration officer cherry-pick from your collection of documents, rather than not have what they asked for in the first place in the AOS interview NOA letter.
    • On interview day, shower shave dress up wear makeup be pretty/handsome, it makes a very good first impression, come on time and engage the immigration officer with smiles and light conversation, answering questions directly and briefly, only explain some more if they ask you to give more details.
    • For the ones who had interviews and are still hurdling through an RFE or a case still for further review, take it easy, give them what they ask for in terms of evidence and you will be fine, otherwise its just a matter of time if you have done all your best to provide evidence for them to approve your AOS.
    Until the next stage of the journey 21 months from now, we thank everyone in the forum for being part of our journey to this point, it always helps to know you are not the only one going through the process and the anxieties, we are very very grateful.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    Hello everyone, here is my timeline for Seattle office. It’s been a long journey for me, as this is my 7th year here in states and it is my first green card. I am beyond excited to finally receive my documents! Thank you everyone on this forum for your replies, comments and suggestions

11 Apr 2018 PD Date

17 May 2018 Biometrics appointment

15 Aug 2018 Work permit received

11 Jun 2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

12 Aug 2019 Interview was scheduled

16 Sep 2019 Interview

16 Sep 2019 Green card was ordered

21 Sep 2019 i485-i130 approval notice delivered

24 Sep 2019 Green card delivered

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied

Hi annette2412 have you gotten your card yet in the mail? Just wondering how long it took from receiving the notice in the mail and the card itself in the mail.
    Thanks for writing back.
    Cheers.

Yes it got delivered today. So happy. I will post my entire timeline soon. Good luck to everyone getting their green cards ???? You can do it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X