Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Hello Everyone

I see a lot of threads for different places,so I thought I'll start one for people who have filed from Seattle and are still waiting for the Interview. My current timeline is as follows

Mine is a marriage based AOS

1. Priority date of Oct 20th 2017
    2. December 5th did my biometrics
    3. December 17th Got a RFE requesting my USC sponsors tax information for proof of sponsorship
    4. USCIS received our response on December 19th
    5. February 3rd, got my combined EAD\AP

Thats been the last status so far. There has been no update on the USCIS dhs website other than saying we got your response to the RFE (on December 19th) and I cant even check my status on the USCIS egov website since it throws an error saying the case number was not found. I called up the helpline a couple of times and I just got the standard response that my processing period is within standard timelines so I should wait.

If there is anyone else from Seattle, who is waiting for a marriage based AOS, please comment here. It would be good to hear from you. Also if you filed from Seattle and got your green card already, I would also appreciate your comments on how long it took.

Thank you !!!
    Priority date of Oct 30th 2017
    12/05/2017 - Did my biometrics
    12/17/2017 - Got a RFE requesting my USC sponsors tax information for proof of sponsorship
    12/19/2017 - USCIS received our RFE response on December 19th
    02/03/2018 - got my combined EAD\AP
    10/04/2018 - Status updated in the USCIS case tracker as "Ready to schedule interview"
    10/09/2018 - Applied for EAD\AP Renewal
    12/26/2018 - Got a notification that the "interview was scheduled"
    01/31/2019 - Interview date

SEATTLE filer

Hi! I am also a Seattle filer here. Applying for AOS based on approved I-130 ( approved back in 2016)
    Pd is 02/16
    Courtesy letter about medical in March
    04/20 case is ready to be scheduled for interview
    08/02 EAD approved
    08/12 ESD received

Nothing since, eagerly waiting for an interview

Comment

Wow AngieMS, you have been waiting a long while, have you tried raising an Infopass to find out whats going on?
      12/17/2017 - Got a RFE requesting my USC sponsors tax information for proof of sponsorship
      10/04/2018 - Status updated in the USCIS case tracker as "Ready to schedule interview"

Comment

G'day, I filed in September 2017 on an I-130/I-485 concurrent and I've been having an absolutely horrible time dealing with USCIS.
        I filled everything out myself, so that might have been my first mistake.
        I only learned after 9 months that I could have the I-765 fee waived under (c)9 provision and submitted that in June along with an expedite request due to my poor wife struggling financially supporting a fully grown man in Seattle.
        I went to submit a response to the RFE on my expedite request to a number provided to me by USCIS and heard nothing back for a few weeks, so I called a bunch of times to get information and was told they hadn't received evidence, so I faxed the number again and waited.
        Today I called again, over a month after the initial fax and was informed that the number I had been faxing was "out-of-service" (despite receiving confirmations each time I faxed) and that I had to fax through to a new number which I was only able to receive after speaking for 10 minutes with a Level 2 rep.
        All while struggling to throw a meal together and pay rent.
        I'm about done with this business, it's beyond depressing.

I485 Received: September 18 2017
        Biomentrics performed: October 10 2017
        RFE finalised (after 3 attempts): April 24 2018
        Case ready to be scheduled for interview: May 8 2018
        I-765 Received: June 8 2018
        Expedite request submitted: July 11 2018
        RFE on 765: August 1 2018
        RFE Submitted (1st attempt): August 3 2018
        RFE Submitted (2nd attempy): August 22 2018
        Informed of incorrect fax number: September 6 2018

I've also contacted Sen Maria Cantwell about the issues, but have been told simply "You're expedite request was not accepted", but when I call to discuss and get justification, I hear "We weren't given an reason, they just said no"

So it's all a bit of a joke at this stage

Comment

Sorry to hear that PNW485. Do you know if you have an update on your EAD and if your I-765 was finally accepted?

Comment

No, they never even received my documents due to the incorrect fax number they provided, so there's been no deliberation and I've been told to wait 5-7 months for processing of it.

Comment

You expedite request was most likely denied for lack of evidence. Call uscis and request for an expedite request again. They will take your Info an send you a letter with where to mail proof.

Originally posted by PNW485 View Post
              G'day, I filed in September 2017 on an I-130/I-485 concurrent and I've been having an absolutely horrible time dealing with USCIS.
              I only learned after 9 months that I could have the I-765 fee waived under (c)9 provision and submitted that in June along with an expedite request due to my poor wife struggling financially supporting a fully grown man in Seattle.
              I went to submit a response to the RFE on my expedite request to a number provided to me by USCIS and heard nothing back for a few weeks, so I called a bunch of times to get information and was told they hadn't received evidence, so I faxed the number again and waited.
              Today I called again, over a month after the initial fax and was informed that the number I had been faxing was "out-of-service" (despite receiving confirmations each time I faxed) and that I had to fax through to a new number which I was only able to receive after speaking for 10 minutes with a Level 2 rep.

I've also contacted Sen Maria Cantwell about the issues, but have been told simply "You're expedite request was not accepted", but when I call to discuss and get justification, I hear "We weren't given an reason, they just said no"

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no sorry my I-130 was approved in 2016 within like 4 months ( I was living in Nashville st the time) I just filed a received the approval on the mail.
              I filed AOS on February 26 2018. So I am
              Within the timeline , I honestly hope to get an interview within a year or so:

Originally posted by seattlefiler2017 View Post
              Wow AngieMS, you have been waiting a long while, have you tried raising an Infopass to find out whats going on?

Comment

That makes more sense, i am coming up on the one year mark so i am hoping there is some movement soon.....

Originally posted by AngieMS View Post
                You expedite request was most likely denied for lack of evidence. Call uscis and request for an expedite request again. They will take your Info an send you a letter with where to mail proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no sorry my I-130 was approved in 2016 within like 4 months ( I was living in Nashville st the time) I just filed a received the approval on the mail.
                I filed AOS on February 26 2018. So I am
                Within the timeline , I honestly hope to get an interview within a year or so:

Comment

Case Resolved

So, after all the waiting and messing around with USCIS and learning that the fax number provided was incorrect, I submitted a report with the CIS Ombudsman to look into why they were providing applicants with incorrect information and as of yesterday received a response that they were producing my I-765 card with no other insight as to what had gone on and what the findings of their review were.
                  My suspicion is that they were worried about being called out for misleading applicants and pushed the expedite through to keep a happy client at that point, but the good news is, I should be able to support my wife here soon!!!

Comment

So, after all the waiting and messing around with USCIS and learning that the fax number provided was incorrect, I submitted a report with the CIS Ombudsman to look into why they were providing applicants with incorrect information and as of yesterday received a response that they were producing my I-765 card with no other insight as to what had gone on and what the findings of their review were.
                    My suspicion is that they were worried about being called out for misleading applicants and pushed the expedite through to keep a happy client at that point, but the good news is, I should be able to support my wife here soon!!!
                    Hi @PNW485. Can I ask which fax number did they give you to fax ? and which number is correct one pls. Thanks

Comment

Thats awesome, congratulations . Better get your resume ready and work on your cover letters.

Comment

Originally posted by jatra View Post
                        Hi @PNW485. Can I ask which fax number did they give you to fax ? and which number is correct one pls. Thanks
                        Of course! The incorrect one was (816) 251-2290 and the correct number is (802) 860-6933.
                        If they're still directing people to the 816 number, there's something seriously wrong with them as they knew it was incorrect in early August.

Comment

AOS c(9) Seattle, WA

hello everyone, just checking in to be part of the group, my details below:

PD: 3.22.18
                          RD: 4.06.18
                          BIO: 4.27.18
                          RFE: 6.11.18
                          SSC: 8.28.18
                          EAD/AP: 9.07.18

was on B1/B2 visa on last entry and married a US born citizen
                          had an RFE for my husband's updated passport copy we sent an expired one in the initial documents submitted, but all was back in process after 06.21.18
                          filed for expedite request on EAD/AP sometime in July, they asked for evidence and i decided to wait out
                          EAD/AP approved in exactly 150 days from PD, card received in mail 2 weeks after email notice
                          EAD/AP is only valid for 12 months.
                          "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview" status has been the same since 07.02.18

looking forward to be part of the conversation and hopefully we can help each other get through the interviews successfully.

cheers! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                            hello everyone, just checking in to be part of the group, my details below:

PD: 3.22.18
                            RD: 4.06.18
                            BIO: 4.27.18
                            RFE: 6.11.18
                            SSC: 8.28.18
                            EAD/AP: 9.07.18

was on B1/B2 visa on last entry and married a US born citizen
                            had an RFE for my husband's updated passport copy we sent an expired one in the initial documents submitted, but all was back in process after 06.21.18
                            filed for expedite request on EAD/AP sometime in July, they asked for evidence and i decided to wait out
                            EAD/AP approved in exactly 150 days from PD, card received in mail 2 weeks after email notice
                            EAD/AP is only valid for 12 months.
                            "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview" status has been the same since 07.02.18

looking forward to be part of the conversation and hopefully we can help each other get through the interviews successfully.

cheers! :-)
                            Not a Seattle filers but still cheers. We're all going through the similar or same process !
                            C9 Spouse of USC
                            NYC Filer
                            04/13/18 - PD
                            05/04/18 - Bio notice
                            05/23/18 - Bio completed
                            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                            10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
                            10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
                            10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
                            10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
                            10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                            11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
                            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Of course! The incorrect one was (816) 251-2290 and the correct number is (802) 860-6933.
                              If they're still directing people to the 816 number, there's something seriously wrong with them as they knew it was incorrect in early August.
                              The first number is correct. It's just that the fax machine was broken for a while. I have over 600 unsuccessful attempts notifications in my inbox from sending faxes to that number. The 802 is at the vermont service center. So they probably just asked Vermont to do their job and the NBCs job, because clearly they're too inept to do it themselves.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X