Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post

Correct, Seattle filer, PD mid-Dec 2017.

My EAD card had an expiry date of the end of April 2019. I have received the NOA for the renewal, so it's valid for another 180 days, but now no AP. I wish I'd sent my renewal in a little earlier. I didn't realise the automatic extension didn't apply to the AP.

Really hoping the interview notice comes soon. At the same time, my 2 yr wedding anniversary is in July, so also wouldn't mind waiting until after that so we get the 10 year GC!

eta: my status changed to 'case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' in March 2018.
    I feel you are about to get your notice anytime soon.
    Hang in there and let us know when you get your interview notice.
    Good luck.

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
    March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
    March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

Comment

Looks like Seattle AOS’s lower end went down a little—16.5 to 13.5 months. That’s a good sign, I guess.
      Last edited by TheBloomies; 05-27-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBloomies View Post
        Looks like Seattle AOS’s lower end went down a little—16.5 to 13.5 months. That’s a good sign, I guess.
        Any Seattle Filers in March 2018 in the thread?
        Any one received an interview notice yet?
        Just crossed 14 months since PD last week and wondering if anyone got lucky with an interview notice already.
        Will appreciate reading from you.

Cheers,

July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
        November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
        March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
        March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

Comment

Correct, Seattle filer, PD mid-Dec 2017.

My EAD card had an expiry date of the end of April 2019. I have received the NOA for the renewal, so it's valid for another 180 days, but now no AP. I wish I'd sent my renewal in a little earlier. I didn't realise the automatic extension didn't apply to the AP.

Really hoping the interview notice comes soon. At the same time, my 2 yr wedding anniversary is in July, so also wouldn't mind waiting until after that so we get the 10 year GC!

eta: my status changed to 'case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' in March 2018.
          Extremely similar to my situation. PD December 20th 2017, EAD expired mid April 2019 now without AP. Case ready to be scheduled for an interview in mid-March 2018. I applied for EAD renewal in NOVEMBER 2018 and still haven't received a new card. Receipt date for case inquiry is currently July 12 2017 according to the USCIS website. Is there anything I can do to get this going? What's the cause of these insane delays? This experience is extremely frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

I feel you are about to get your notice anytime soon.
            Hang in there and let us know when you get your interview notice.
            Good luck.
            I just received an email notification that my interview has been scheduled. Hoping they send the notice to the correct address - I updated it with them 14 months ago.

Comment

I just received an email notification that my interview has been scheduled. Hoping they send the notice to the correct address - I updated it with them 14 months ago.
              BIG CONGRATULATIONS!
              Now its just a matter of getting the Interview NOA by mail, it can never come too soon :-)
              Please do find time to keep us posted in the thread about the interview and the waiting time from email notification to actual receipt of the notice in the mail, we'd appreciate it very much.
              Remember there is a sticky note on top of all the threads in the forum about the documentation organized by others who have successfully hurdled the interview I really think its a good resource.
              All the best and Godspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by mandp View Post

Extremely similar to my situation. PD December 20th 2017, EAD expired mid April 2019 now without AP. Case ready to be scheduled for an interview in mid-March 2018. I applied for EAD renewal in NOVEMBER 2018 and still haven't received a new card. Receipt date for case inquiry is currently July 12 2017 according to the USCIS website. Is there anything I can do to get this going? What's the cause of these insane delays? This experience is extremely frustrating.
                I guess you'll be getting your interview notice soon as well as yeahbuddy has in this Seattle thread.
                Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Comment

Hi all!!

I'm a Seattle filer too.. we filed December 2017 and this coming Monday we finally have our interview! Fingers crossed

Comment

That's awesome! I remember we talked a few times in the beginning stages of our application! Congrats and I hope your interview will go smooth!

Comment

Well.. just had my interview and was approved on the spot
                      interview went really smooth, and the officer was extremely friendly. Think we spend more time talking about our kids than the application itself
                      Last edited by ewilliams; 06-17-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ewilliams View Post
                        interview went really smooth, and the officer was extremely friendly. Think we spend more time talking about our kids than the application itself
                        That's amazing - congratulations! Took a while to get to this point... now enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by ewilliams View Post
                          Big Congratulations!
                          Cheers,

Comment

Seattle filer here. Married to LPR.
                            PD: March 26, 2018
                            August 13, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                            September 6, 2018: EAD/AP Approved
                            Sent package to renew EAD/AP on June 14, 2019

Comment

Any SEATTLE-based filers who received notices to interview in other WA field offices? Like Spokane or Yakima. May be even Portland?
                              Will appreciate your information.

Cheers,

Comment

Looking at the USCIS Processing Time, Yakima and Spokane is just as bad as Seattle for family based I-4*5. Portland seems to process March 2018 cases though.

I also wonder if USCIS already started case transfer or they are simply planning to do it at this point and it will take months to implement.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X