Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ftsoh View Post
    Looking at the USCIS Processing Time, Yakima and Spokane is just as bad as Seattle for family based I-4*5. Portland seems to process March 2018 cases though.

I also wonder if USCIS already started case transfer or they are simply planning to do it at this point and it will take months to implement.
    Amazing that Portland is processing family-based AOS so quickly.
    The news items on the transfer of USCIS immigration case loads between nearby field offices is quite substantial online, we have to thank the on going immigration politics playing out from DC.
    We would happily make the 6-hour roundtrip drive between SEA and PDX if they would schedule Seattle-based AOS applicants there soon.

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
    March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
    March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

Comment

After being approved last Monday, I received my actual greencard in the mail yesterday.. finally!

Comment

Originally posted by ewilliams View Post
        After being approved last Monday, I received my actual greencard in the mail yesterday.. finally!
        Congratulations! hope you dont mind me asking, but we're curious if you got the 2 year conditional GC or the 10 year GC?
        Looking forward to read from you again.

Cheers,

July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
        November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
        March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
        March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Congratulations! hope you dont mind me asking, but we're curious if you got the 2 year conditional GC or the 10 year GC?
          Looking forward to read from you again.

Cheers,

I received the 10yr greencard. And thank you!

Comment

Really have to scream wtf... Processing time for Family Based AOS was creeping up to 25 months with PD retrogress to Jun 2017.

Comment

Really have to scream wtf... Processing time for Family Based AOS was creeping up to 25 months with PD retrogress to Jun 2017.
              OMG! You are right!
              I just checked the USCIS website and it moved back from December 2017 to June 2017 for family-based AOS.
              A glitch perhaps? But yes that is upsetting.
              Let's hope it gets back on track.

Cheers,

Comment

Oh my, this is very frustrating :/
                Does anyone know what month are currently receiving interview notices (family based) in Seattle?

Based on the current processing times, I might have to wait one more year - my PD is June 28, 2018

Comment

It does not surprise me unfortunately. The system was updating automatically until they realized they haven’t finished with December filers. Per my lawyer it also seems that USCIS had a spike in applications during the first quarter of 2018 which means that all the people who is behind March 2018 filers might delayed the process even more

Comment

Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
                    It does not surprise me unfortunately. The system was updating automatically until they realized they haven’t finished with December filers. Per my lawyer it also seems that USCIS had a spike in applications during the first quarter of 2018 which means that all the people who is behind March 2018 filers might delayed the process even more
                    It's gonna be a wild ride.
                    Frustrating as it is, I am reminded that when we were waiting for EADs and APs when we overcame all the anxiety of getting that done.
                    I am hoping that that piece of news about USCIS farming out cases to less busy FOs will pan out in Seattle.
                    There is also the cases I've read about when their FO published waiting times were a lot longer than the time it took them to get scheduled for an interview, lucky fellas.
                    Its just a matter of waiting. Keep your tail up folks.

Cheers,

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

It's gonna be a wild ride.
                      Frustrating as it is, I am reminded that when we were waiting for EADs and APs when we overcame all the anxiety of getting that done.
                      I am hoping that that piece of news about USCIS farming out cases to less busy FOs will pan out in Seattle.
                      There is also the cases I've read about when their FO published waiting times were a lot longer than the time it took them to get scheduled for an interview, lucky fellas.
                      Its just a matter of waiting. Keep your tail up folks.

Cheers,
                      Also the time for getting EAD renewal increased to 6.5 - 8.5 months!
                      Last edited by B_Andie; 07-02-2019, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• PD in February 2018, nothing yet.....

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeluck View Post
                          PD in February 2018, nothing yet.....
                          Thanks for updating the thread.
                          Are you on marriage based AOS or employment based AOS?
                          Keep us posted when you have news on your case status.

Cheers ????

Comment

• Originally posted by sea062018 View Post

Oh my, this is very frustrating :/
                            Does anyone know what month are currently receiving interview notices (family based) in Seattle?

Based on the current processing times, I might have to wait one more year - my PD is June 28, 2018
                            My PD date was Dec 2017 and I had my interview 3weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Thanks for updating the thread.
                              Are you on marriage based AOS or employment based AOS?
                              Keep us posted when you have news on your case status.

Cheers ????
                              hey gaps0214!
                              I know some people whose employer filed employment GC in Seattle. For them, this GC is taking between 6 and 8 months for interview. Anyone who is waiting for more than a year is Marriage based (or from a nationality that is pretty backlogged..such as India).

This is why I posted before that Seattle office gives priority to this type of GC

Comment

• Originally posted by ewilliams View Post

My PD date was Dec 2017 and I had my interview 3weeks ago.
                                Thanks a lot for sharing!
                                Following your timeline, I might have my interview in Dec (fingers crossed!)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X