Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hopeluck View Post

I wish there’s a place we can give feedbacks and to be heard... This whole thing is being ridiculous.... December applications has been processed since March. Hopefully January applications will be started soon.... ugh
    I guess this is about the best feedback place for you my dear.
    Its also good to be in the company of those in the same situation, and exchange experiences, and vicariously join in the good spirits of those who get lucky and have their paperworks processed outside the bell curve.
    Cheers.

Comment

• Bumping up the thread, anyone in Seattle have any news to share about their wait for GC interview? notices for case assigned to nearby FO?
      Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
        Bumping up the thread, anyone in Seattle have any news to share about their wait for GC interview? notices for case assigned to nearby FO?
        Cheers

I was just told that a friend/colleague (mexican) got his interview for August. Employment based thoguh. His PD is Nov2018. FO -Seattle

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

I was just told that a friend/colleague (mexican) got his interview for August. Employment based thoguh. His PD is Nov2018. FO -Seattle
          Thanks for sharing B_Andie
          I guess Seattle FO is really processing on priority employment based AOS.
          Am still hoping they'll farm out family based AOS to nearby FOs just to even out the nearly half year mismatch on processing times between the two.
          Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for sharing B_Andie
            I guess Seattle FO is really processing on priority employment based AOS.
            Am still hoping they'll farm out family based AOS to nearby FOs just to even out the nearly half year mismatch on processing times between the two.
            Cheers.
            Yes, they will PROBABLY reassign the marriage based AOS to other "less" busy offices some time in the next decade (it is only 5 months away anyway). Sorry for the pessimism. Just getting very frustrated with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

Yes, they will PROBABLY reassign the marriage based AOS to other "less" busy offices some time in the next decade (it is only 5 months away anyway). Sorry for the pessimism. Just getting very frustrated with this.
              ftsoh your frustration is understandable, stay positive and keep your tail up
              I am quite surprised there seems to be less people in the Seattle thread concerned about the lengthy period of processing for family based AOS, not so surprised that Seattle FO is probably deluged with employement based AOS.
              Last edited by gaps0214; 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I feel you...when is your anniversary? ours is January so at this point having an interview after 2 years would make more sense

Comment

I feel you...when is your anniversary? ours is January so at this point having an interview after 2 years would make more sense
                  B_Andie we're 1 month apart on the anniversary month and I am also kinda wishing the interview happens after we cross the 2 year anniversary period but ftsoh is rightly frustrated here because you and I know that our EAD/AP renewals are probably languishing in the pipeline, who ever thought filing our renewal on time was going to be a handicap in this situation? For the EAD/AP renewals alone I would be happy if they just sent us the renewal cards first. I've been hesitant to make any job moves because my work authorization document expires in a month and that's a bit of a handicap.

Looking forward to read more from others in the thread too.

Cheers.

Comment

B_Andie we're 1 month apart on the anniversary month and I am also kinda wishing the interview happens after we cross the 2 year anniversary period but ftsoh is rightly frustrated here because you and I know that our EAD/AP renewals are probably languishing in the pipeline, who ever thought filing our renewal on time was going to be a handicap in this situation? For the EAD/AP renewals alone I would be happy if they just sent us the renewal cards first. I've been hesitant to make any job moves because my work authorization document expires in a month and that's a bit of a handicap.

Looking forward to read more from others in the thread too.

Cheers.
                    oh wow! that is great then! once you are scheduled for interview it takes at least 5 weeks for the appointment so I think that once you have your interview you should get your permanent GC which will save you time and money (bc of removing conditions!).

Comment

Tomorrow will be our 3rd anniversary.

Comment

Tomorrow will be our 3rd anniversary.
                        ftsoh congratulations on the anniversary milestone.
                        Keep the faith, your time for interview will come, it has always been a waiting game. And I really appreciate you participating in the discussion. It helps us all.
                        Cheers.

Comment

oh wow! that is great then! once you are scheduled for interview it takes at least 5 weeks for the appointment so I think that once you have your interview you should get your permanent GC which will save you time and money (bc of removing conditions!).
                          B_Andie its really not a matter of money, but yes you are precisely correct it is a matter of time, when lives are on hold or at least limited to a certain extent because you cant make travel plans to enjoy new places outside the US borders (of course there are plenty to go about within US territory), and then there are some of us who would like to settle in to some predictability and control over our daily and future plans for living arrangements, the waiting period seems oppressive, but knowing there are others in the forum facing more complicated situations and protracted wait times, we must stay hopeful and positive our turn will come and yes it would be really nice to skip the conditional GC by getting a 10 year GC at interview time

Comment

B_Andie its really not a matter of money, but yes you are precisely correct it is a matter of time, when lives are on hold or at least limited to a certain extent because you cant make travel plans to enjoy new places outside the US borders (of course there are plenty to go about within US territory), and then there are some of us who would like to settle in to some predictability and control over our daily and future plans for living arrangements, the waiting period seems oppressive, but knowing there are others in the forum facing more complicated situations and protracted wait times, we must stay hopeful and positive our turn will come and yes it would be really nice to skip the conditional GC by getting a 10 year GC at interview time
                            This is exactly my sentiment. We are hesitant to make oversea travel plan (even to Vancouver BC), because there is always a very small risk of using AP for reentry. Besides, we don't want to booked everything months in advance and then was notified the interview is scheduled right in the middle of the trip.

When we are job searching, it is also complicated to explain you are not F1 or H1B but are just waiting for green card interview (God knows when and even after interview it might be months to get the physical Green Card). Some HR might see it as a inconvenience or risk and would not be interested at you.

gaps0214 If the AOS are processed in a timely manner, they would not need to deal with loads of EAD/AP renewal. This is a vicious cycle.
                            Last edited by ftsoh; 07-17-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Dorothyguenther as our thread's resident lucky charm (for getting your EAD/AP renewal card sooo fast) :-)
                              Any news if you've received a GC interview notice already?
                              Looking forward to read from you.
                              Cheers.

Comment

• gaps0214 no news on gc interview unfortunately.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X