Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post

Thank you so much!! Funny thing is yesterday I was looking through my old updates and txt msgs from uscis. Next thing I know, they sent me an update. It was so unexpected.
    Tried that one after reading your message
    We'll have to keep on trying
    Best wishes on the interview and come back to share how it went.
    Cheers.

Comment

• Hello everyone!
      Family based Seattle filler here.

My PD is mid April 2018, Filed 130,175, 485 all together.Got EAD on Aug 14 2018.
      Applied for renewal EAD in July 2019 but no decision on it yet.

Hoping for for an interview soon

Comment

• My PD is Apr 2018. And I also wait for the interview.
        I heard some good news. My friend PD is Feb 2018 and her interview on Aug. And some filer PD on Mar 2018 has interview schedule already.
        I hope that we will have schedule on this month or Sep

Comment

• UPDATE: Today we received an update saying an interview has been scheduled. We will keep everyone posted when we receive the letter notice in the mail. See our timeline below.
          Cheers.

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
          PD: March 22, 2018 RD: April 6, 2018
          Biometrics: April 27, 2018
          RFE: June 11, 2018
          RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
          Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
          July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
          August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
          August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
          August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
          September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
          September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
          October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
          November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
          February 22, 2019: Extension of EAD/AP Sent
          March 15, 2019: Received 797 on AP Renewal
          August 2, 2019: Status Updated to Interview is Scheduled

Comment

• gaps0214 Congratulations!

Comment

• I’m in Seattle, filed family-baed in September 2018, EAD combo receive November 2018 and since then it’s been in “Ready to be scheduled” phase until 07/23 when it again “updated” but to the same status. Any idea what the update means since it still shows “ready to schedule”?

Also, I’m sending the EAD renewal package this week. Do they grant an automatic 180 day extension or do I have to wait for the new card to be approved in 4-6 months?
              RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
              10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
              10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
              10/22 - Early bio walk-in
              11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
              11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
              01/13/2020 - Interview
              01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
                I’m in Seattle, filed family-baed in September 2018, EAD combo receive November 2018 and since then it’s been in “Ready to be scheduled” phase until 07/23 when it again “updated” but to the same status. Any idea what the update means since it still shows “ready to schedule”?

Also, I’m sending the EAD renewal package this week. Do they grant an automatic 180 day extension or do I have to wait for the new card to be approved in 4-6 months?
                The 180-day extension for the EAD is indicated in the Notice of Action that they will send you in receipt of the renewal package.
                We just got our interview notice on a PD of March 2018, you will need to exercise some patience, your turn will come for the interview schedule, the USCIS system regularly sends out email updates but until the update says they have "taken action" on your case, you better believe your processing status has changed.
                Anyways keep your tail up.
                Cheers.

Comment

• Thanks! I honestly don’t even think about the interview or the process as a whole. I know it’s gonna be at least another 6 months until maybe we’ll get the interview so I don’t sweat it at all. Whenever it happens, so be it. ????????‍♀️

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

The 180-day extension for the EAD is indicated in the Notice of Action that they will send you in receipt of the renewal package.
                  We just got our interview notice on a PD of March 2018, you will need to exercise some patience, your turn will come for the interview schedule, the USCIS system regularly sends out email updates but until the update says they have "taken action" on your case, you better believe your processing status has changed.
                  Anyways keep your tail up.
                  Cheers.
                  RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
                  10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
                  10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                  10/22 - Early bio walk-in
                  11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
                  11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
                  01/13/2020 - Interview
                  01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• UPDATE: Got an update. Marriage based concurrent filing on 04/1/2018, got an update today - Testing & Interview. I am hoping to get a interview date soon (not sure how soon). Anyone has an idea what's the next step and approx. duration?

Comment

• Hi Seattle filers,

I am waiting for my AOS interview with PD May, 2018. Still no update yet. Following your timeline, hopefully I will get a notice this Oct.

Now I am renewing EAD & AP which will expire next month. I have some questions can anyone help?

1. I don't need application fee for either EAD or AP right?

2.Do I need to send copy of birth certificate with I-765 and I-131 ?

3. Which way of shipping are accepted for USPS, Fedex etc. ?

Thank you so much and good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                        UPDATE: Today we received an update saying an interview has been scheduled. We will keep everyone posted when we receive the letter notice in the mail. See our timeline below.
                        Cheers.

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
                        PD: March 22, 2018 RD: April 6, 2018
                        Biometrics: April 27, 2018
                        RFE: June 11, 2018
                        RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
                        Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
                        July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                        August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
                        August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
                        August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
                        September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
                        September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
                        October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
                        November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
                        February 22, 2019: Extension of EAD/AP Sent
                        March 15, 2019: Received 797 on AP Renewal
                        August 2, 2019: Status Updated to Interview is Scheduled
                        Congrats! The letter should arrive exactly a week later from the update in the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

Congrats! The letter should arrive exactly a week later from the update in the system.
                          Thanks for the heads up.
                          Are you ready for your interview? Or are you rescheduling due to your move?
                          Good luck as always.
                          Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Thanks for the heads up.
                            Are you ready for your interview? Or are you rescheduling due to your move?
                            Good luck as always.
                            Cheers.
                            We were planning to move by end of September. Since we own a property here we’re still planning to leave this address as our lawyer confirmed that although they canceled the first interview (July) they were planning to reschedule. It seems she had other clients with similar issues. We are still moving by end of September and might not need to change anything because our interview is the first week of September

Comment

• Originally posted by vv123 View Post
                              Hi Seattle filers,

I am waiting for my AOS interview with PD May, 2018. Still no update yet. Following your timeline, hopefully I will get a notice this Oct.

Now I am renewing EAD & AP which will expire next month. I have some questions can anyone help?

1. I don't need application fee for either EAD or AP right?

2.Do I need to send copy of birth certificate with I-765 and I-131 ?

3. Which way of shipping are accepted for USPS, Fedex etc. ?

Thank you so much and good luck!

Hey! When I was filling for my renewal work permit , I followed instructions on USCIS web site. No payment is needed, and I didn’t include my birth certificate. Make sure to file application correctly, include copies of your current work permit, passport, ID, American visa. I shipped with FEDEX.
                              Here is the link with instructions.
                              Certain aliens noncitizens who are in the United States may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other aliens noncitizens whose immigration status authorizes them to work in the United States without restrictions may also use Form I-765 to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for an EAD that shows such authorization.

Comment

• Originally posted by ftsoh View Post
                                gaps0214 Congratulations!
                                Thank you ftsoh keep the thread posted about your situation when it changes, this forum really helps just take the bite off some anxious moments.
                                Cheers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X