Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

We were planning to move by end of September. Since we own a property here we’re still planning to leave this address as our lawyer confirmed that although they canceled the first interview (July) they were planning to reschedule. It seems she had other clients with similar issues. We are still moving by end of September and might not need to change anything because our interview is the first week of September
    Looks like you've got all bases covered there B_Andie
    Have a great weekend
    Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ro13inhood View Post
      UPDATE: Got an update. Marriage based concurrent filing on 04/1/2018, got an update today - Testing & Interview. I am hoping to get a interview date soon (not sure how soon). Anyone has an idea what's the next step and approx. duration?
      I'm curious about your update that says Testing & Interview.
      Which part of the AOS process are you in?
      Cheers.

Comment

• Question about the i693...This document was included when I filed for GC...should I re-do the test again? I have emailed lawyer but she is out of the office. I applied in March 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Thank you ftsoh keep the thread posted about your situation when it changes, this forum really helps just take the bite off some anxious moments.
          Cheers.
          Will do. We got the interview letter last week and we are scheduled in early September. Hopefully I will have good news to share in a few weeks.

Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
          Question about the i693...This document was included when I filed for GC...should I re-do the test again? I have emailed lawyer but she is out of the office. I applied in March 2018.
          Based on my understanding, I-693 was valid for only 1 year if filed prior to Nov 2018. Its validity was changed to 2 years on Nov 1, 2018. Therefore, I think you need to redo your medical.

However, it is best to wait till your lawyer responses. Also it may not hurt to schedule a medical exam anyway and then cancel if your lawyer says you don't need it.
          Last edited by ftsoh; 08-12-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by annette2412 View Post

Hey! When I was filling for my renewal work permit , I followed instructions on USCIS web site. No payment is needed, and I didn’t include my birth certificate. Make sure to file application correctly, include copies of your current work permit, passport, ID, American visa. I shipped with FEDEX.
            Here is the link with instructions.
            https://www.uscis.gov/i-765
            Thank you! I sent out my renewal with FEDEX too. I shipped it with the cheapest price which guarantee to be delivered on Wed. Hopefully I can get the 180days auto extension.

Comment

• Family based filer, PD is 2018 Aug, looks like 2018 Mar has started to get their interviews scheduled With this speed, I'm expecting 2020 Jan, will share if anything changes.

Comment

• Just got an update my interview was scheduled, PD April, 2018
                super excited!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
                  Question about the i693...This document was included when I filed for GC...should I re-do the test again? I have emailed lawyer but she is out of the office. I applied in March 2018.
                  I am not sure about this but I'd rather immigration ask me for another 693 if indeed our initial submission is only valid for 1 year, it sounds oppressive that they ask us to submit a 693 only to have a limited validity that is not consistent with their processing time periods. So I'll keep my option open, these 693s aren't cheap.
                  Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by xiaominz View Post
                    Family based filer, PD is 2018 Aug, looks like 2018 Mar has started to get their interviews scheduled With this speed, I'm expecting 2020 Jan, will share if anything changes.
                    Its your turn next, who knows you'll be getting one next month and it'll be your awesome christmas present.

Comment

• Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

Will do. We got the interview letter last week and we are scheduled in early September. Hopefully I will have good news to share in a few weeks.

Based on my understanding, I-693 was valid for only 1 year if filed prior to Nov 2018. Its validity was changed to 2 years on Nov 1, 2018. Therefore, I think you need to redo your medical.

However, it is best to wait till your lawyer responses. Also it may not hurt to schedule a medical exam anyway and then cancel if your lawyer says you don't need it.
                      ftsoh lets keep the thread updated after our interviews

Comment

• Originally posted by annette2412 View Post
                        just got an update my interview was scheduled, pd april, 2018
                        super excited!
                        big congratulations!!!!

Comment

• I received the confirmation text that USCIS received my renewal package for the EAD combo. Receipt number starts with IOE.
                          RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
                          10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
                          10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                          10/22 - Early bio walk-in
                          11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
                          11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
                          01/13/2020 - Interview
                          01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Would anyone happen to know once the interview has taken place and an approval has been made how long does it take to get the green card in the mail?

Comment

• Hi Seattle filer,
                              This morning I received an email from USCIS at 2.30am about “Interview is scheduled”.
                              My PD is April 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post
                                Would anyone happen to know once the interview has taken place and an approval has been made how long does it take to get the green card in the mail?
                                hi Dorothyguenther have you done your interview already? how was it?
                                from the forums i recall that some people get an approval either immediately after the interview, or if not on the day of the interview shortly within 24-48 hours get their online account status changed to "Card being Produced", after which they see their green cards in the mail within 7 days.
                                looking forward to read about your interview as we are preparing for ours for next month.
                                cheers

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X