Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AngieMS View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I have my interview on Aug 26th, PD Feb 26th 2018, Marriage based. My interview is in Seattle, Tukwila office... i am now preparing all of the paperwork needed for the interview, including the medical ( have a doctors appointment tomorrow). Does anyone know what vaccination proof i need to bring?
    Angie - update us on your interview. How was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

Hi Andie, it went super! We got there and waited for about 45min. The officer called us and told us our request had been approved and that all they needed to do was to validate some information.
      We confirmed name, DOB, and our new address. Then we just went through the Yes/No questions. I gave them my medical form and then was told that i should get my GC within 30 days.
      WE are super happy! My husband and i have been married for almost 7 years and have 2 kids, so we are relieved we finally went through the process. Now i am anxiously waiting for the system to update with the approval and the GC to arrive in the mail

Comment

Hi Andie, it went super! We got there and waited for about 45min. The officer called us and told us our request had been approved and that all they needed to do was to validate some information.
        We confirmed name, DOB, and our new address. Then we just went through the Yes/No questions. I gave them my medical form and then was told that i should get my GC within 30 days.
        WE are super happy! My husband and i have been married for almost 7 years and have 2 kids, so we are relieved we finally went through the process. Now i am anxiously waiting for the system to update with the approval and the GC to arrive in the mail
        Congratulations!! Can you let me know what documents you bring to the interview? Thanks!

Comment

• Hey! I know there are some interviews coming up for our fellow Seattle filers, and I just wanted to wish all the best for all of you!
          It's a long way, full of anticipation and excitement, and now it's coming to a beautiful conclusion! You all got this

Comment

• Originally posted by vv123 View Post

Congratulations!! Can you let me know what documents you bring to the interview? Thanks!
            I went by what the letter was saying, here was my check list
            1. Interview Notice - check
            2. Government Issued Photo Identification - check
            3. Completed medical form and vaccination supplement - check
              1. Vaccination records urgent - check
            4. Completed affidavit of support with all required evidence, including the following: ( Sent with application)
              1. W2s or IRS certified printouts for the most recent tax years
                1. Transcripts - check
                2. W2 - check
              2. Letters from each current employer – Employers letters - stating current rate of pay and average weekly hours - check
            5. All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful permanent status – ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTS
              1. I-130 Approval ( or receipt) - check
            6. Any immigration documentation ever issued to you including EADs, and any AP – check, need to add copies of EADs
              1. EADs - check
              2. All approval letters and notices of action – check
              3. SEVIs and F1 documents - check
            7. All travel documents used to enter the USA: 1-94s, passport, visas
              1. Passports - check
              2. Visas - check
              3. I-94s - check
            8. My Birth certificate - check
            9. My petitioners birth certificate and evidence of citizenship or lawful permanent resident status - check
            10. Birth certificate of each children - check
            11. Proof of marriage:
              1. Certified copy of marriage, issues by appropriate civil authority - check
              2. Spouses Birth certificate and evidence of citizenship - check
            12. Supporting evidence of your relationship:
              1. Joint assets or liabilities check
              2. Tax returns - check
              3. Bank statements - check
              4. Insurance documents (car, life, death) - check
              5. Property documents (car, house,etc) - check
              6. Rental agreements - check
              7. Utility bills – check
              8. Credit Cards - check
              9. Photos - check
              10. Correspondence and any other documents that can substantiate your relationship – did not add this

Comment

I went by what the letter was saying, here was my check list
              1. Interview Notice - check
              2. Government Issued Photo Identification - check
              3. Completed medical form and vaccination supplement - check
                1. Vaccination records urgent - check
              4. Completed affidavit of support with all required evidence, including the following: ( Sent with application)
                1. W2s or IRS certified printouts for the most recent tax years
                  1. Transcripts - check
                  2. W2 - check
                2. Letters from each current employer – Employers letters - stating current rate of pay and average weekly hours - check
              5. All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful permanent status – ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTS
                1. I-130 Approval ( or receipt) - check
              6. Any immigration documentation ever issued to you including EADs, and any AP – check, need to add copies of EADs
                1. EADs - check
                2. All approval letters and notices of action – check
                3. SEVIs and F1 documents - check
              7. All travel documents used to enter the USA: 1-94s, passport, visas
                1. Passports - check
                2. Visas - check
                3. I-94s - check
              8. My Birth certificate - check
              9. My petitioners birth certificate and evidence of citizenship or lawful permanent resident status - check
              10. Birth certificate of each children - check
              11. Proof of marriage:
                1. Certified copy of marriage, issues by appropriate civil authority - check
                2. Spouses Birth certificate and evidence of citizenship - check
              12. Supporting evidence of your relationship:
                1. Joint assets or liabilities check
                2. Tax returns - check
                3. Bank statements - check
                4. Insurance documents (car, life, death) - check
                5. Property documents (car, house,etc) - check
                6. Rental agreements - check
                7. Utility bills – check
                8. Credit Cards - check
                9. Photos - check
                10. Correspondence and any other documents that can substantiate your relationship – did not add this
              Thank you so much for posting your checklist. I still have few questions:

1. Did you print a copy of all listed items, or just the original ones?
              2. Did you bring copy of your i-485 and i-130 applications (each has 100+ pages)?
              3. for item: Completed affidavit of support with all required evidence, including the following: ( Sent with application). You already sent with application, do you only take your W2 and and transcripts that are not sent with application ?
              4.Vaccination records, you mentioned you received a letter for you to provide that, is that a separate letter come after the interview notice? How long after the notice?

Thank you so much!

Comment

• How bad is it that I don’t have my original birth certificate for an interview?
                It got lost in the mail I only have copies to bring.

Comment

B_Andie how did your interview go? Please share.
                  Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by annette2412 View Post
                    How bad is it that I don’t have my original birth certificate for an interview?
                    It got lost in the mail I only have copies to bring.
                    Did you by any chance submit an original copy with your initial application papers? That would be sufficient.
                    But it is a concern if no originals have been submitted and you dont have one to bring to the interview because the NOA does ask for an original birth certificate for both the petitioner and the beneficiary.
                    I hope you get it sorted soon.
                    Cheers.

Comment

BIG CONGRATULATIONS AngieMS
                      I hope we go through the same smooth sailing next week.
                      Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post
                        gaps0214 we have our interview scheduled on September 3rd. Just really hoping we get the green card in hand before our cruise on October 5th.

​​​​​​​
                        Dorothyguenther good luck on your interview this week, please share the good news when you get done with it.
                        Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Did you by any chance submit an original copy with your initial application papers? That would be sufficient.
                          But it is a concern if no originals have been submitted and you dont have one to bring to the interview because the NOA does ask for an original birth certificate for both the petitioner and the beneficiary.
                          I hope you get it sorted soon.
                          Cheers.

No, I submit my copy with application . And my family mailed me my original documents. It’s been more than 2 weeks and they are not delivered yet and nowhere to be found with tracking. Making new original birth certificate is going to take months! I am now stressing out so much because of it. 2 weeks before my interview and I have all documents but my original birth certificate.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Dorothyguenther good luck on your interview this week, please share the good news when you get done with it.
                            Cheers
                            gaps0214 it's almost 1 am. I can't sleep. Keep thinking I am forgetting something. Appt at 8:15am. Yikes. Thank you so much. I will post a status update soon.

Comment

Please is it too much to ask to share your experience with us after the interview ?
                              ours is right after yours so I would be great to learn about your experience.

On a diff topic I want to vent here that I find it completely unfair that the interview has been delayed so badly. Per what we see in this thread it seems that all feb March and April filers have gotten their interviews within a month....this confirms my hypothesis that our cases were completely ignored from February to early July. ????
                              B_Andie I will update tomorrow. Praying for a positive outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by vv123 View Post

Thank you so much for posting your checklist. I still have few questions:

1. Did you print a copy of all listed items, or just the original ones?
                                2. Did you bring copy of your i-485 and i-130 applications (each has 100+ pages)?
                                3. for item: Completed affidavit of support with all required evidence, including the following: ( Sent with application). You already sent with application, do you only take your W2 and and transcripts that are not sent with application ?
                                4.Vaccination records, you mentioned you received a letter for you to provide that, is that a separate letter come after the interview notice? How long after the notice?

Thank you so much!
                                Hi B_Andie , sorry for the late reponse:
                                1. I brought copies of documents and originals, although i did not bring all originals. I wasn't asked for any of them during the interview
                                2. I brought a copy of the forms but that was it
                                3. I did not bring the affidavit again but did bring my W2s, latest paystubs and latest tax filing. Didnt get asked for them though
                                4. This was part of the i-693 for the medical so when i did my medical exam i was asked for this.

Good lunck in the interview!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X