Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

BIG CONGRATULATIONS AngieMS
    I hope we go through the same smooth sailing next week.
    Cheers.
    Thank you! and best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

B_Andie I will update tomorrow. Praying for a positive outcome.
      B_Andie gaps0214 so we had our interview today and I am uncertain how I feel with how it went. We did not get an answer today however my husband feels that it went very well. She said she needed to review our Affidavit of Support application again along with some information that my husband gave her today and they would send us an answer in the mail. I guess she made my husband feel like we would be getting the card because she was telling us about receiving it within 30 days. I would have liked to have gotten a same-day approval but it just didn't happen for us. I will keep you posted when I find out what happened.

Comment

B_Andie gaps0214 so we had our interview today and I am uncertain how I feel with how it went. We did not get an answer today however my husband feels that it went very well. She said she needed to review our Affidavit of Support application again along with some information that my husband gave her today and they would send us an answer in the mail. I guess she made my husband feel like we would be getting the card because she was telling us about receiving it within 30 days. I would have liked to have gotten a same-day approval but it just didn't happen for us. I will keep you posted when I find out what happened.
        I wish everything works out for you . Maybe you are being too hard on yourself. Why do you think it went ok and not great ? Do you also recall any questions ?

Comment

• Dorothyguenther I read a case from another state that is similar to yours. Not approved on the spot and the interviewer said need to further review documents. After a couple days, the person did get his/her green card approval notice. So, keep checking your online status to see if there is any update.

Comment

Dorothyguenther I guess you got the IO who stuck by the usual talking points after the interview process is completed. I have been reading the same story from others throughout these forums only to have a GC approved in their cases shortly after. Keep your spirits up, it'll turn out fine. If your husband thought it went well, I'd trust his judgement. Hope to read your good news at some point, do stay in touch.
            Cheers.

Comment

• My PD is 10/01/2018, when do you guys think my interview is gonna take place? Im asking because I just started a new job in July and I'm planning vacation on October but if there's a chance I'll have my interview before the year ends, I'll have to cancel my trip
              AOS from F1, spouse of USC - Seattle, WA
              I-485 + I-130 + I-765
              10/20/2018: packet sent
              10/24/2018: PD
              10/31/2018: 3 texts received
              11/05/2018: 3 NOAs received
              11/14/2018: bio appt letter received
              11/21/2018: Bio appt
              12/05/2018: Fingerprint review completed
              03/05/2019: RFIE for I-130
              03/14/2019: RFIE received by USCIS
              03/29/2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview
              04/02/2019: got I-693
              06/04/2019: EAD card being produced

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

I wish everything works out for you . Maybe you are being too hard on yourself. Why do you think it went ok and not great ? Do you also recall any questions ?
                B_Andie gaps0214 ftsoh thank you all for the well wishes. I will trust my husbands judgement. I just don't read people well I guess. They didn't ask any unusual questions. They just asked how and when we met, why we decided to get married, why we didn't apply for the K1 visa (had approved tourist visa already when we were married), asked about our kids (we both have kids from previous relationships), asked about jobs, where we live and all of the questions on the app about criminal activity. She never looked at any documents we brought and did not want to see originals. She took our copies and the pics I had printed (all stored in our phones lol) and said she would review them and make her determination. Praying for the best now. This forum has made this process so much better and I appreciate you all. I will keep you posted. Good luck to you all as well and hoping you get instant approval.

Comment

If your husband feels good I think it will be fine. They might just need more time to check something.

BTW, may I ask why she needed to review your Affidavit of Support application again ? Did you change your support status and what supporting documents you bring for it? Did she asked for more supporting documents? Since our supporting status also changed,I am concerned about that.

For the criminal activities, did she only ask about you or both of you? Since my spouse has been arrested but dismissed later. I don't know if we need to prepare anything?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by AngieMS View Post

Hi B_Andie , sorry for the late reponse:
                    1. I brought copies of documents and originals, although i did not bring all originals. I wasn't asked for any of them during the interview
                    2. I brought a copy of the forms but that was it
                    3. I did not bring the affidavit again but did bring my W2s, latest paystubs and latest tax filing. Didnt get asked for them though
                    4. This was part of the i-693 for the medical so when i did my medical exam i was asked for this.

Good lunck in the interview!
                    Thank you so much for your reply Preparing for the interview documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by nana.p View Post
                      My PD is 10/01/2018, when do you guys think my interview is gonna take place? Im asking because I just started a new job in July and I'm planning vacation on October but if there's a chance I'll have my interview before the year ends, I'll have to cancel my trip
                      nana.p its quite difficult to estimate the time you’ll be called to interview, but when it does come and in conflict with your booked travel schedule your choices are quite clear, either reschedule the interview or cancel your trip (which i hope is rebookable), the Seattle FO processing times does not always reflect the published times in the website
                      Hope this helps your concern.
                      Cheers.

Comment

B_Andie gaps0214 ftsoh thank you all for the well wishes. I will trust my husbands judgement. I just don't read people well I guess. They didn't ask any unusual questions. They just asked how and when we met, why we decided to get married, why we didn't apply for the K1 visa (had approved tourist visa already when we were married), asked about our kids (we both have kids from previous relationships), asked about jobs, where we live and all of the questions on the app about criminal activity. She never looked at any documents we brought and did not want to see originals. She took our copies and the pics I had printed (all stored in our phones lol) and said she would review them and make her determination. Praying for the best now. This forum has made this process so much better and I appreciate you all. I will keep you posted. Good luck to you all as well and hoping you get instant approval.
                        Dorothyguenther thank you for the good wishes.
                        I am also praying you get your concerns sorted out soon with the immigration interview. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to worry about.
                        Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by vv123 View Post

If your husband feels good I think it will be fine. They might just need more time to check something.

BTW, may I ask why she needed to review your Affidavit of Support application again ? Did you change your support status and what supporting documents you bring for it? Did she asked for more supporting documents? Since our supporting status also changed,I am concerned about that.

For the criminal activities, did she only ask about you or both of you? Since my spouse has been arrested but dismissed later. I don't know if we need to prepare anything?

Thank you!
                          vv123 she said the reason she needed to review the Affidavit of Support was because I sent in a new Affidavit of Support a year ago after I got my new position at work. Which makes no sense to me since Seattle did not have his file at that time. But it is what it is. Also I remember her saying that the doctor who performed the medical exam has been revoked and she has to look into that because if he was revoked before we got our exam it will be invalid. As far as the criminal activity questions those are only asked to the Immigrant. They are the same ones that are on the application. Best of luck on your upcoming interview.

Comment

• Yesterday we had our interview and we received a “reason for continuance” paper.

I am kinda confuse as the interviewer m said that we should have an update by the end of the week. So far nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
                              Yesterday we had our interview and we received a “reason for continuance” paper.

I am kinda confuse as the interviewer m said that we should have an update by the end of the week. So far nothing
                              What does "reason for continuance" mean?

BTW, for the i693, did you asked your lawyer wether you need to re-do the test again? My PD is also more than one year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by vv123 View Post

What does "reason for continuance" mean?

BTW, for the i693, did you asked your lawyer wether you need to re-do the test again? My PD is also more than one year ago.

the reason I got was “case under review”. I thought it was crazy and felt sad we were not approved on the spot...but few hours after posting this I got a message saying that my card is in production ????.

for the medical exam I thought I had to get a new one but the lawyer told me that if they needed one USCIS would send a doc requesting it before the interview . I didn’t get it so I went to the interview assuming mine was ok.

The Uscis agent was not friendly; very straightforward. So she asked how we met, how was the first date, where we live now, what was my job, if I was still working, asked to check some pictures. We had over 20 pics with family and friends and based on hair styles and weight you could see this was for the last 5 years or so and in different cities.
                                then the yes/no questions and finally confirmed some information.
                                I felt bad after the interview because I had way more evidence and because of the situation I forgot to share it. Interesting thing this person didn’t care about my husbands paystubs...he only wanted to see mine..and information about our joint account and expenses...

anyways, I am happy this chapter is closed. Thanks for the support ????

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X