Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

gaps0214 thank you. The immigration officer said we should hear within 30 days but I still can't help feeling like there was something wrong. Hoping I'm not correct. LOL I will keep you posted and please do the same. Good luck on yours.
    Dorothyguenther yes will definitely be posting updates here

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan_2112 View Post
      Hi everyone,

thanks for all of your stories and information, it's helping me prepare my interview next week. I have a quick question if some of you guys could help....

I recently recieved my interview notice (G-56) for adjustement of status for my I-485 Application.

On the notice it lists what I should bring with me to the interview - It tells me I need to bring my I-693.

I already submitted it quite a while back though and I'm unsure if I need to go get my I-693 done again.

Looking at the copy I have of my original I-693 which was completed 10/13/2017, it says in the corner of the first page that it expired on the 02/28/2019. However, some people have said they last for 2 years so the expiration seems incorrect.

I'm also really confused because on the interview notice it says they expire after 1 year.

Any help clarifying this would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks
      ryan_2112 go show up at your interview with your copy of your I-693 that was submitted with your 485.
      If your 693 is determined to be past its validity period then you can always go get one done after your receive a written notice from immigration should they need an updated one.
      Otherwise don't sweat about it.
      It's always good to put in details about your case so the other's can be helpful. Scan through this forum and you will see most forum participants have at some point or another written in their case details.
      Good luck with the interview.
      Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by sea062018 View Post

On a Visa Journey forum, a filer with an early June 2018 PD has gotten an interview notice last week.
        My PD is June 28th, but still no interview notice for me.
        I'm assuming that filers from Jun-Aug will get interview notices between Sep-Oct.
        Thanks. Good luck to you

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

ryan_2112 go show up at your interview with your copy of your I-693 that was submitted with your 485.
          If your 693 is determined to be past its validity period then you can always go get one done after your receive a written notice from immigration should they need an updated one.
          Otherwise don't sweat about it.
          It's always good to put in details about your case so the other's can be helpful. Scan through this forum and you will see most forum participants have at some point or another written in their case details.
          Good luck with the interview.
          Cheers.
          Hi gaps,

Thanks for the advice. You're right, we're just going to hope that my medical is valid and in the worst case scenario they'll just ask me to go redo it and then submit afterwards which I'll have no problem doing

Btw, massively appreciated the table of contents page that you uploaded! I've been using to shape my file binder and it's helped a lot...

Cheers

Comment

Hi gaps,

Thanks for the advice. You're right, we're just going to hope that my medical is valid and in the worst case scenario they'll just ask me to go redo it and then submit afterwards which I'll have no problem doing

Btw, massively appreciated the table of contents page that you uploaded! I've been using to shape my file binder and it's helped a lot...

Cheers
            My lawyer told me that if you submitted your medical in your application and have not received any pink document stating that you need a new one, then you don’t need a new one

Comment

• Originally posted by Aj9188 View Post

Thanks. Good luck to you
              Thank you, and good luck to you too!
              I'm optimistic that soon we'll get our interview notices!

Comment

Hi gaps,

Cheers
                ryan_2112 you are very welcome.
                And good luck with your interview, do come back and share your experience in the forum.
                Cheers.

Comment

• gaps0214 any updates yet? None here.

Comment

• Hi all, today I received my green card. From the interview day it took 9 days to receive it.

Hope everyone gets the gc soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
                      Hi all, today I received my green card. From the interview day it took 9 days to receive it.

Wohoo! Congratulations!

Comment

• B_Andie you son of a gun! There you GO! Big Congratulations!!!
                        Dorothyguenther all quiet from my side of the pond dear, don't you worry, they say the fruits that ripen last are the sweetest, so let's keep looking forward to our GC to ripen and get in our hands soon let's keep each other posted. We reckon if the 30 day mark arrives without any further updates, we should buzz each other on the next steps. But we feel its just a processing issue and nothing to do about approval, as yours is as well, the bureaucratic tape just has to be given a little more space.
                        Cheers!

Comment

• kexistence
                          Hello, I noticed you have the same situation months ago as me and Dorothyguenther regarding our AOS interviews and not getting an approval on the spot.
                          Can you update us on your GC situation?
                          Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
                            Hi all, today I received my green card. From the interview day it took 9 days to receive it.

I got the GC on Saturday. Really happy and want to thank you all for the support through this journey.
                            gaps0214 Dorothyguenther Hope you will have update soon.
                            Last edited by ftsoh; 09-16-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• We had our interview today, it was a little tough. We came there 30 min early and were waiting for our officer to call us. He called our number then immediately told me to stay here and took my husband (us citizen) to the interview. So they separated us straight away. My husband was there for about 15 min and then it was my turn. I was stuck there for an hour...The questions were as expected, going through the file and our marriage information. He asked me and my husband same questions. Our officer was very strict and down to business. However , we were approved on the spot, so it’s all worth it! No online updates yet.

how long will it usually take to get an update in the system?

Thanks!!

Comment

• annette2412 some people report updates the same day 30 min after the interview or several hours. Some the next day or a few days later. I hope you get your GC soon.
                                Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                                Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                                Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                                ---
                                All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X