Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
    annette2412 some people report updates the same day 30 min after the interview or several hours. Some the next day or a few days later. I hope you get your GC soon.
    Thank you! Hopefully it will be very soon

Comment

• Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

I got the GC on Saturday. Really happy and want to thank you all for the support through this journey.
      gaps0214 Dorothyguenther Hope you will have update soon.
      Big Congratulations ftsoh
      And thank you for the good wishes, I'm sure we'll be writing in some good news from our side at some point.
      Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by annette2412 View Post
        We had our interview today, it was a little tough. We came there 30 min early and were waiting for our officer to call us. He called our number then immediately told me to stay here and took my husband (us citizen) to the interview. So they separated us straight away. My husband was there for about 15 min and then it was my turn. I was stuck there for an hour...The questions were as expected, going through the file and our marriage information. He asked me and my husband same questions. Our officer was very strict and down to business. However , we were approved on the spot, so it’s all worth it! No online updates yet.

how long will it usually take to get an update in the system?

Thanks!!
        Congratulations for the approval on the spot annette2412
        Do come back and tell us about the GC you receive.
        Cheers.

Comment

• I got notification yesterday that my card is being produced
          Last edited by annette2412; 09-17-2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• I just have the interview today. PD Apr 2018.
            The interview takes 30’. Not approved on the spot but I hope that it goes well. Because the IO talked about GC 2 years and 10 years.
            But I did not have the white page as many ppl mentioned. Any ideas abt it?
            Thanks

Comment

• Had my interview yesterday!

Went extremely well to my surprise. We arrived 20 minutes early, checked in, and made our way to the waiting room. We got called in maybe 15 minutes after sitting down?

The officer was female and extremely nice! She led us to her colleagues office to get my fingerprints scanned because the one in her office had broken. After getting them scanned we went back to her office and she asked us some questions - basically just going through our I-129F I believe and confirming all of our information was still up to date in terms of addresses, names, place of work etc.

I had prepared a huge binder of files filled with tax documents, bank statements, receipts, pictures etc. etc. - It was really overkill but I wanted to be well prepared. I'm not sure if it's good thing or a bad thing but she didn't want to see any of it when I asked haha! She only asked for our passports and drivers licenses.

She maybe asked 2 questions from what I remember; How and when did you meet? and when did you start considering marriage? and that was it!

She said that we were most likely approved but that she wanted to double check all of our already submitted forms and documents later that day after we'd left. She just said that If she needed anything because it was missing, she would just submit an RFE.

We got married on October 2nd 2017 so part of me is really hoping they'll wait a couple of weeks before issuing our GC because I'd rather not get a conditional GC considering how close we are to the 2 year boundry line of just getting a 10 year one (it would also save me the $700 filing fee I've heard about!!) . Either way, I'm quite happy with how it went!

All in all the interview took about 15-20 minutes in total and was very very easy!

Also, just checked the online status and it says "New Card Is Being Produced - On September 17, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY X, and will mail it to the address you gave us." so I guess that might mean it's been approved?

Thanks for all the advice guys

Comment

• congratulations ryan_2112
                Marriage based AOS (IR1)
                Field Office : Chicago
                Service Center : NBC
                07/03/19 : RD
                07/13/19 : BIO Notice
                07/24/19 : BIO Complete
                07/26/19 : BIO Review Done
                09/05/19 : Ready to be scheduled for Interview
                10/04/19 : Interview scheduled
                11/13/19 : Interview - Approved
                11/21/19 : GC in Hand
                08/15/21 : ROC Window opens

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormlead86 View Post
                  congratulations ryan_2112
                  Thanks bud

Comment

• Hello Seattle Filers,

So today we had some good news! "Card is being produced" in our myuscis account status for the 485.Dorothyguenther Can you check your 485 status as well?
                    Our timeline is reposted below with the update, will be back in the thread when we have the green card in hand:
                    Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
                    PD: March 22, 2018
                    RD: April 6, 2018
                    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
                    RFE: June 11, 2018
                    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
                    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
                    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
                    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
                    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
                    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
                    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
                    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
                    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
                    February 22, 2019: Extension of EAD/AP Sent
                    March 15, 2019: Received 797 on AP Renewal
                    September 9, 2019: Initial Interview / Case for further Review
                    September 19, 2019: Card being Produced

Dorothyguenther B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123 please consider staying in touch for the next process of removing conditions to the GC?

Cheers everyone. ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                      Hello Seattle Filers,

So today we had some good news! "Card is being produced" in our myuscis account status for the 485.Dorothyguenther Can you check your 485 status as well?
                      Our timeline is reposted below with the update, will be back in the thread when we have the green card in hand:
                      July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                      November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved

Dorothyguenther B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123 please consider staying in touch for the next process of removing conditions to the GC?

Cheers everyone.
                      gaps0214 nothing

Comment

Hello Seattle Filers,

Cheers everyone.
                        Congrats gaps0214 . My GC is 10 years since we married for more than 3 years when we interviewed. So our long wait is kind of a blessing in disguise.
                        Dorothyguenther Hope we will hear updates from you next.
                        Last edited by ftsoh; 09-19-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Finally!! Congratulations! I just got an update that my card is mailed. It only took them 2 days to print it. Hopefully you card will arrive soon. I will defiantly keep everyone updated on 10 year one.
                          Good luck!

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                          Hello Seattle Filers,

Cheers everyone. ​​​​​​​

Comment

Hello Seattle Filers,

Cheers everyone.
                            gaps0214 they sent us a request for more information. I wonder what they need now. I was pretty thorough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

gaps0214 they sent us a request for more information. I wonder what they need now. I was pretty thorough.
                              Dorothyguenther it could just be one of those things you can easily provide them, I still think the AOS process is a bit quirky but predictable, so my thoughts on your updated situation is that someone in immigration feels they want to be thorough in their job so they’d like to show some more effort, I’m sorry your case had to be the one they picked on, but I’d go back to what your husband said about the interview having gone well and trust that whatever theyre asking for is just a processing matter. I am looking forward to read your good news and keep your spirits up. Wishing you a great weekend.
                              Cheers.

Comment

• B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123

​​​​​​​I have a quick question:
                                Did your I-130 also get approved at the same time as the 485?
                                Please reply with your GC situation conditional or 10-year.
                                Thank you.
                                Cheers

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X