Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Dorothyguenther it could just be one of those things you can easily provide them, I still think the AOS process is a bit quirky but predictable, so my thoughts on your updated situation is that someone in immigration feels they want to be thorough in their job so they’d like to show some more effort, I’m sorry your case had to be the one they picked on, but I’d go back to what your husband said about the interview having gone well and trust that whatever theyre asking for is just a processing matter. I am looking forward to read your good news and keep your spirits up. Wishing you a great weekend.
    Cheers.
    gaps0214 thanks for your encouragement. I had nightmares about this last night and then woke up to this email. I am literally sick to my stomach. I don't know what we would do if we didn't get approved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

gaps0214 thanks for your encouragement. I had nightmares about this last night and then woke up to this email. I am literally sick to my stomach. I don't know what we would do if we didn't get approved.
      Honestly, I wouldn't worry when it's out of your hands. I won't lie to you and tell you they will approve it because there's an extremely small chance they might not (I think it's about 1% so you should be fine so long as you did everything right )

I guess just think about all the times you've worried about something happening that then never happened. Worrying's not going to fix anything so focus on the present and work on the next steps if worst comes to worst

We've all got our fingers crossed for you! Wishing you the best of luck!

Comment

B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123

I have a quick question:
        Did your I-130 also get approved at the same time as the 485?
        Please reply with your GC situation conditional or 10-year.
        Thank you.
        Cheers
        I didn't file an I-130 so I can't help you there I'm afraid.

We're going to get a conditional GC I think even though we're literally 2 weeks off being married for 2 years ​​​​​​​

Comment

B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123

I have a quick question:
          Did your I-130 also get approved at the same time as the 485?
          Please reply with your GC situation conditional or 10-year.
          Thank you.
          Cheers
          My i130 still says “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed” even though my i485 states “card was mailed to me»

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan_2112 View Post

I didn't file an I-130 so I can't help you there I'm afraid.

We're going to get a conditional GC I think even though we're literally 2 weeks off being married for 2 years ​​​​​​​
            ryan_2112 thanks for responding to my query.
            We are also nearing our 2 year anniversary by the time the GC comes into our hands, and I'm wondering whether there are opportunities presenting itself here, considering that the conditional requirements can only be removed in 18 months after, but being married to a USC qualifies one to seek US citizenship after 3 years of marriage which means a little bit over halfway through the 18 months period to remove GC conditions. Wonder if anyone knows or have experience how this can be handled?

Dorothyguenther we're with you here sister, come back to the thread when you receive their formal notice for further documentation if you should ever need some extra eyes to look into the matter, but as I wrote you earlier, it should be nothing that you cannot provide to their full satisfaction, again I think its just a processing matter, I would like to think the fact they are asking for further documentation means they are intent on approving your case

annette2412 presumably you'll get your hands on your GC and accompanying NOA document sooner than ours, please consider coming back to the forum to share if the NOA documentation will also indicate an official disposition of your 130, we have read in another thread "March 2018 Filers" that even though their online case status for 130 says "for further review" when their GC came it also provided an approval for their 130

A great weekend to you all. Cheers

Comment

We are also nearing our 2 year anniversary by the time the GC comes into our hands, and I'm wondering whether there are opportunities presenting itself here, considering that the conditional requirements can only be removed in 18 months after, but being married to a USC qualifies one to seek US citizenship after 3 years of marriage which means a little bit over halfway through the 18 months period to remove GC conditions. Wonder if anyone knows or have experience how this can be handled?
              It is not 3 years married to USC, is 3 years having a GC and still married to USC.

In your case, you will need to remove the conditions in less than 2 years and then apply to Citizenship when you are near the 3 years with GC.
              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
              ---
              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

It is not 3 years married to USC, is 3 years having a GC and still married to USC.

In your case, you will need to remove the conditions in less than 2 years and then apply to Citizenship when you are near the 3 years with GC.
                This is correct!
                my lawyer said that most likely we will apply for removal conditions and a year after for citizenship since removing conditions is taking 1.5 years.

Gaps - my i130 changed to approve the day after I got approved :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

This is correct!
                  my lawyer said that most likely we will apply for removal conditions and a year after for citizenship since removing conditions is taking 1.5 years.

Gaps - my i130 changed to approve the day after I got approved :-)
                  That's what I understand, that even if you don't have your 10 year GC (taking too long) you can apply for citizenship if you want. Good luck.
                  Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                  Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                  Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                  ---
                  All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• B_Andie Enub4
                    thank you so much for the replies to my questions we very much appreciate it
                    Cheers ​​​​​​​

Comment

ryan_2112 thanks for responding to my query.

Dorothyguenther we're with you here sister, come back to the thread when you receive their formal notice for further documentation if you should ever need some extra eyes to look into the matter, but as I wrote you earlier, it should be nothing that you cannot provide to their full satisfaction, again I think its just a processing matter, I would like to think the fact they are asking for further documentation means they are intent on approving your case

annette2412 presumably you'll get your hands on your GC and accompanying NOA document sooner than ours, please consider coming back to the forum to share if the NOA documentation will also indicate an official disposition of your 130, we have read in another thread "March 2018 Filers" that even though their online case status for 130 says "for further review" when their GC came it also provided an approval for their 130

A great weekend to you all. Cheers

Gaps, my i130 and i485 approval notice were delivered today

Comment

• We have our interview on Tuesday (package sent March '18) and getting a little nervous about it.
                        Wanted to say thanks to all of you because your encouragement and accounts of interviews are helping us settle and know what to expect.
                        Good luck to everyone else having interviews in the coming weeks/months! I'll be back to post how ours went.

Comment

• Originally posted by annette2412 View Post

Gaps, my i130 and i485 approval notice were delivered today
                          annette2412 looking good there thank you for keeping us posted
                          Cheers

Comment

• gaps0214 we received a request for more evidence. In April my husband was a victim of a carjacking and kidnapping. This letter says they want certified police report for the arrest incident or complaint. And then it explains this is written report created by the police officer who arrested you. I really hope I'm reading that wrong because he was the victim and not arrested. They also want the original birth certificate for my husband and his daughter. We took this to the interview and they did not ask for it. Now they're telling me the copies are not complete which they are. They also want evidence that our marriage is legitimate. Because last year we had our tax return split into two different bank accounts and they're saying we didn't give statements from those bank account which we did. I have already provided them what they want. I provided our apartment lease, joint bank statements, light bill with both names, internet bill with both names, renter's insurance and medical insurance in both names as well as a whole packet full of pictures of him and I. We don't have any wedding pictures because we got married in Vegas and no one was there to take pictures. I'm not exactly sure what to do from here. Feeling extremely frustrated.

Comment

• Hey guys,

My wife and I had our AOS interview on September 16th. Early morning in Minneapolis. The officer went over the I-130 with me (Husband) and I-485 with my Wife. No other questions were asked!!!!! We gave the IO our newly submitted paper works. This includes, ( 2018 tax return, water bill, new sign lease, and health insurance.) And, That was it. Didn't ask how we met, how I propose to her, our life, and etc. I'm a little bit worried.

The whole interview took about 10 mins or so. At the end of the interview, the IO gave us a paper stating that he could not approve us on the spot and needs further background checking. It's been seven days now. Our case status has not changed. Still says the case was scheduled.

Anyone has this kind of experience????? or know how long it will take for them to approve us? or...anything????????????

So worried right now and can't do anything.

If anyone out there is having the same experience or close to it. Would mind sharing their thoughts or feelings??????

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

Comment

• Originally posted by willpoint53 View Post
                                Hey guys,

My wife and I had our AOS interview on September 16th. Early morning in Minneapolis. The officer went over the I-130 with me (Husband) and I-485 with my Wife. No other questions were asked!!!!! We gave the IO our newly submitted paper works. This includes, ( 2018 tax return, water bill, new sign lease, and health insurance.) And, That was it. Didn't ask how we met, how I propose to her, our life, and etc. I'm a little bit worried.

The whole interview took about 10 mins or so. At the end of the interview, the IO gave us a paper stating that he could not approve us on the spot and needs further background checking. It's been seven days now. Our case status has not changed. Still says the case was scheduled.

Anyone has this kind of experience????? or know how long it will take for them to approve us? or...anything????????????

So worried right now and can't do anything.

If anyone out there is having the same experience or close to it. Would mind sharing their thoughts or feelings??????

Much appreciated.

Thank you,
                                willpoint53 the same thing just happened to us. We had our interview on September 3rd and yesterday received a letter that they want more information. The are requesting everything you see in the previous post. Gaps0214 had the same thing happen but was finally sent an approval. Hopefully they won't need anything else from you. I wouldn't worry at this moment. Good luck and we hope to hear good news from you soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X