X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations!

Comment

• Guys I have a question specific for the fingerprinting center in Seattle

I just got my appointment for fingerprinting for Seattle area. Problem is I have work and cannot make it that day.

I’d like to walk in

has anyone walked in at the location? Were you allowed or turned away? Any tips would be greatly appreciated as Holidays are coming up so I only have one day I can try this.

best

Comment

• Got the letter and my interview is scheduled for January 13.
        RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
        10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
        10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
        10/22 - Early bio walk-in
        11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
        11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
        01/13/2020 - Interview
        01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
          Got the letter and my interview is scheduled for January 13.
          Congrats! seattle2903

Good to hear things are moving.

Do you mind sharing your early bio walk-in experience? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by LLL View Post

Congrats! seattle2903

Good to hear things are moving.

Do you mind sharing your early bio walk-in experience? Thanks in advance!
            Sure. I walked in the next day after I received the appointment letter. Went through security and whatnot, then waited for maybe 2 minutes before being called in. It was not busy at all, maybe 3 people in front of me. This was last year so I don't know how things might have changed since.
            10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

• Interview completed today. PD is Aug 3 2018. After the interview, officer gave a letter stating that the application will be further reviewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMANUE1 View Post
                Interview completed today. PD is Aug 3 2018. After the interview, officer gave a letter stating that the application will be further reviewed.
                Thank you for sharing that. Could you tell us about your experience, questions you were asked and how it went

Comment

• It took 30-40 mins with questions mostly from the application form- questions like spouse's date of birth, place of birth. We gave evidence of joint ownership of assets and some photos. It was cordial and professional throughout the interview.

This morning I got a notice, I130 - interview completed and case must be reviewed: I485- new card is being produced. Is this a typical scenario?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMANUE1 View Post
                    It took 30-40 mins with questions mostly from the application form- questions like spouse's date of birth, place of birth. We gave evidence of joint ownership of assets and some photos. It was cordial and professional throughout the interview.

This morning I got a notice, I130 - interview completed and case must be reviewed: I485- new card is being produced. Is this a typical scenario?
                    Congratulations for your green card !!!

Yes, that how it should be. Once I-485 is approved then the I-130 will be changed to approved.

Comment

• Thank you Luckycharm4111!

Comment

• I did my medical exam yesterday and wanted to share how it went, maybe it helps someone. I called 5 offices from the USCIS list. Two of them had the earliest available appointment at the end of January. One of them was in the process of moving their offices. The other two had appointments available next day, so I asked about the price and whatnot. First one said it is a flat fee of $400 and then up to $800, based on which vaccines are needed. OK, that sounded about right, in the same price range I've seen other people paid. But I decided to give a call to the last office and turns out, their flat fee was $280, plus any vaccines on top of that and they were available next day. Great!

I went to that office, filled out a shot form and presented my vaccination record I had brought from Europe. They took an urine and then blood samples, measured my height and weight, and that was it. Turns out I only needed the flu shot and the tDap since all other vaccines had been done, per my record. They gave me the option of getting the vaccines there or going wherever else I wanted. I decided to go do them at Costco, which ended up being $20 for the flu shot and $42 for the tDap. The doctor said it will take 3-4 days to get the lab work done and they'll call me back when it's done. So, all in all, the medical was $342 before the insurance kicked in.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

• Hi,

When I check my case status vis USCIS website it shows Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction on Oct 18, 2019. My address is in Seattle, so I guess my interview shall take place in the Seattle office. I see from previous posts that the interview date is usually given within 2 months after the case is transferred to the local office. It is now just over 2 months and still didn't got any interview date. Anyone else in this group faced delay in scheduling the AOS interview? Is it a matter of concern?

Below is my timeline

PD I-485 Aug 02, 2019 (EB2- employment-based) (I-140 and I-485 concurrent processing)
                          Biometrics Sep 04, 2019
                          Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction Oct 18, 2019

Thanks

Comment

• Hello - I need some advice.

1. I am putting together my documents in preparation for the interview and I only have my 1-130 receipt notice. Am I supposed to have an approval as well? I concurrently filed I-485 and I-130 since I am already in the USA when I filed.
                            2. There is a checklist line item in the immigration notice that reads "All documentation establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status". I'm interpreting this as bring copies of the I-485 and I-130 that was submitted.Am i correct? is there anything else that falls under this category i should bring? Obviously I will have ceritified marriage certificate and other documents they asked for but wasn't clear what this specific line meat.

Thanks for your help!
                            Last edited by Aj9188; 12-23-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Hi Aj9188,

1. Bring a copy of the I130 for your reference during the interview, and the receipt notice. Since you filed concurrently, the interviewer will make a decision on your I130 after the interview.

2. Marriage certificate + US passport and birth certificate of spouse + your passport and birth certificate.

Comment

• Thank you. I will share my interview experience after I finish it with the group. It's on Monday so wish us luck. I will do that because I have benefited from other people posting about their experience here and will share mine too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X