X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by sandeep.iiit View Post
    Congrats gaps0214 & annette2412! Hopefully you will have your green cards (without conditions) soon!
    Thank you.
    Now its just a matter of waiting.

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• pbooth20
    replied
    Well after having no updates since 03/16/2020 my status has finally updated to "Interview Has Been Scheduled" now I just have to wait for the letter with my date.

I'm hoping that since I had to do a medical for my K1 visa before entering the US I won't have to do another one, I have my fingers crossed for that one.

Leave a comment:

• sandeep.iiit
    replied
    Congrats gaps0214 & annette2412! Hopefully you will have your green cards (without conditions) soon!

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    Updating Seattle Filer here,

I-751 Removal of Conditions Application:

07/19/21: mailed to Phoenix, AZ USPS lockbox
    07/20/21: received by USCIS with USPS confirmation
    08/20/21: USCIS I-797 receipt issued with LIN processing center
    09/16/21: USCIS NoA issued with biometrics waiver

hi there! I also recently received biometric waiver from USCIS.

Leave a comment:

• sandeep.iiit
    replied
    Originally posted by GuineaMom2020 View Post

It really depends what situation you are in. I am married to a citizen, filed on 10/7/19, and had been “ready to schedule” since January of 2020, my status just changed to “an interview was scheduled” on 8/31/2021
    Damn! That's a long wait. I was married to LPR when I filed, but now my spouse is a citizen, and the application is being upgraded. I hope they schedule it fast. But looking at your wait time, I don't have high hopes

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Updating Seattle Filer here,

I-751 Removal of Conditions Application:

07/19/21: mailed to Phoenix, AZ USPS lockbox
    07/20/21: received by USCIS with USPS confirmation
    08/20/21: USCIS I-797 receipt issued with LIN processing center
    09/16/21: USCIS NoA issued with biometrics waiver

Last edited by gaps0214; 09-16-2021, 03:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GuineaMom2020
    replied
    Originally posted by sandeep.iiit View Post
    Those whose interview got scheduled at Seattle office, how long between "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" to interview being actually scheduled. Mine went into the ready to be scheduled status a month ago, but it hasn't been scheduled yet
    It really depends what situation you are in. I am married to a citizen, filed on 10/7/19, and had been “ready to schedule” since January of 2020, my status just changed to “an interview was scheduled” on 8/31/2021

Leave a comment:

• sandeep.iiit
    replied
    Those whose interview got scheduled at Seattle office, how long between "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" to interview being actually scheduled. Mine went into the ready to be scheduled status a month ago, but it hasn't been scheduled yet

Leave a comment:

• mnewportland
    replied
    Originally posted by Isla_miles04 View Post

I have another question, in the interview letter what does this mean: "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of status as an asylee, refugee, or a fiancé nonimmigrant"

It reads a little vague to me and I'm not even sure if this is applicable to my situation. I'm adjusting status from B2.
    Hi! Congrats on getting your interview scheduled and good luck with it! We're are in a very similar situation like you. We filed on 06/06/2019 and only received the interview letter a few months ago. Our interview is this coming Thursday and it's in the Portland, Oregon office! It took them over 2 years so I'm glad we finally have an interview scheduled now but we're naturally a little anxious about it. I didn't submit the medical form with the original application and so I just completed one last week and it's all done and sealed now. Good luck with your upcoming interview and we'll keep you updated on how our interview goes!

Leave a comment:

• Enub4
    replied

I have another question, in the interview letter what does this mean: "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of status as an asylee, refugee, or a fiancé nonimmigrant"

It reads a little vague to me and I'm not even sure if this is applicable to my situation. I'm adjusting status from B2.
    The letter is general (used for many types of cases). Basically what it means is, bring all the originals that you used to file your case and any new(er) documents you may have, like: newer bank statements, IRS documents, loan documents, other documents with your spouse if FB or work-related if EB, that will convince the interviewer your marriage/work is real and will have no doubts to approve the GC.

Leave a comment:

• Isla_miles04
    replied
    Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

The extension is clear, your medical is valid until September 30, 2021. If you contact USCIS about this they will say the same, that it is valid.
    It is up to the interviewing officer to approve it in time to still be valid. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Isla_miles04
    replied

The extension is clear, your medical is valid until September 30, 2021. If you contact USCIS about this they will say the same, that it is valid.
    It is up to the interviewing officer to approve it in time to still be valid. Good luck.
    Yes, thank you so much! You have been so helpful and generous with your answers. Appreciate it! I'll keep you posted. So nervous because I don't like interviews in general hehe. But we waited for 2 years so I just want everything to go without a hitch!

Leave a comment:

• Enub4
    replied

Exactly! The medical exam is not cheap. I got mine last August 8, 2019 so I'm covered by the extension but you never know. Is there a way to contact USCIS and ask about this?

Leave a comment:

• Isla_miles04
    replied

Is hard for me to recommend something in this case. I think is a personal decision. I don't like to pay for something that I might no need, so if I were you I will just go to the appointment and talk to the officer if there is any concern about the medical exam. The medical exam is not cheap where I live ($450-$650) so I would prefer not to do it unless the officer insists I need to do a new one.

In our case (family of 3) we received a second RFE for medical exams 5 months before the 2-year mark. The RFE said that the forms expired. We don't know why they said they expired before the valid period of 2 years.
    Exactly! The medical exam is not cheap. I got mine last August 8, 2019 so I'm covered by the extension but you never know. Is there a way to contact USCIS and ask about this?

Leave a comment:

• Enub4
    replied

Thank you so much! I appreciate your reply! Do you recommend that I get a new medical exam just to be sure?
    Is hard for me to recommend something in this case. I think is a personal decision. I don't like to pay for something that I might no need, so if I were you I will just go to the appointment and talk to the officer if there is any concern about the medical exam. The medical exam is not cheap where I live ($450-$650) so I would prefer not to do it unless the officer insists I need to do a new one.

In our case (family of 3) we received a second RFE for medical exams 5 months before the 2-year mark. The RFE said that the forms expired. We don't know why they said they expired before the valid period of 2 years.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X