X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isla_miles04
    replied
    Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

Let's say that you did your medical in August 2019, normally it lasts 2 years so that will be expired, with the extension to 4 years your medical is still valid and will be valid until September 30 if you get approved by that date.

In other words, your medical is still valid for your September 22 interview. If the officer approves the case that day or up to 8 days later, then your medical is valid. I guess if the officer delays the approval after September 30, and there is no new extension, then they will need to send an RFE for new medicals in October so they can approve your case.
    Thank you so much! I appreciate your reply! Do you recommend that I get a new medical exam just to be sure?

Leave a comment:

• Enub4
    replied
    Originally posted by Isla_miles04 View Post
    Hello Seattle Filers! I have a very important question about Form I-693 (Medical Exam/Vaccination Form)

We FINALLY got our green card interview (AOS from B2, married to Citizen) which will be on Sept 22, 2021. We waited for almost 2 years. Our Received Date is Sept 30, 2019.

Now here is what's confusing me. I submitted my Form 1-693 with our AOS package in 2019 and now I'm not sure if I should get a new sealed Form I-693 from my doctor to present at the interview. Can someone please explain the extension of Form I-693's validity from 2 years to 4 years because of Covid delays? I don't exactly understand bullet #3

"Release Date 08/12/2021

Beginning Aug. 12, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is temporarily extending the validity period for Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, from two years to now four years due to COVID-19-related delays in processing.

USCIS may consider a completed Form I-693 as valid if:
    Looking forward to hearing from ya'll

Thank you!
    Let's say that you did your medical in August 2019, normally it lasts 2 years so that will be expired, with the extension to 4 years your medical is still valid and will be valid until September 30 if you get approved by that date.

In other words, your medical is still valid for your September 22 interview. If the officer approves the case that day or up to 8 days later, then your medical is valid. I guess if the officer delays the approval after September 30, and there is no new extension, then they will need to send an RFE for new medicals in October so they can approve your case.

Leave a comment:

• Isla_miles04
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers! I have a very important question about Form I-693 (Medical Exam/Vaccination Form)

We FINALLY got our green card interview (AOS from B2, married to Citizen) which will be on Sept 22, 2021. We waited for almost 2 years. Our Received Date is Sept 30, 2019.

Now here is what's confusing me. I submitted my Form 1-693 with our AOS package in 2019 and now I'm not sure if I should get a new sealed Form I-693 from my doctor to present at the interview. Can someone please explain the extension of Form I-693's validity from 2 years to 4 years because of Covid delays? I don't exactly understand bullet #3

"Release Date 08/12/2021

Beginning Aug. 12, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is temporarily extending the validity period for Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, from two years to now four years due to COVID-19-related delays in processing.

USCIS may consider a completed Form I-693 as valid if:
    Looking forward to hearing from ya'll

Thank you!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• meowmeow123
    replied
    Finally got my interview letter yesterday after almost 2 years since application was received!!!! Although I received text updates last Thursday. Interestingly my interview date is 2 days before our 2 years marriage anniversary so we’ll see how that turns out….

Don’t give up hope - just let them do what they do and keep yourself occupied!

Leave a comment:

• pbooth20
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBloomies View Post

I was an April 2019 filer and had my interview in March of this year. Had to submit a new medical form which delayed my getting approved on the day and getting the card immediately, but I have it now finally. 10 year because we were past our 2 year anniversary.
    That's awesome to hear! Gives me a better time frame to work off. I filed in December 2019 so I would expect my interview to be towards the end of this year, start of next year.

Leave a comment:

• TheBloomies
    replied
    Originally posted by pbooth20 View Post
    Anyone have any updates? I'm still waiting.
    I was an April 2019 filer and had my interview in March of this year. Had to submit a new medical form which delayed my getting approved on the day and getting the card immediately, but I have it now finally. 10 year because we were past our 2 year anniversary.

Leave a comment:

• pbooth20
    replied
    Anyone have any updates? I'm still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• pnw
    replied
    Any recent movement for any Seattle filers? TIA

Leave a comment:

• pbooth20
    replied
    Seattle filer here. I filed my I-485 in December 2019 and my case changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview" in March 2020 just a few days before everything shutdown.

I actually spoke to someone at USCIS who advised me that interviews are happening in Seattle and it's just a matter of any day now, fingers crossed it will be soon.

Leave a comment:

• meowmeow123
    replied
    Originally posted by Maple1020 View Post
    My case status updated yesterday to Interview Scheduled. Application submitted January 22 2019.
    Congrats! The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer for 2019 filers..

Leave a comment:

• Maple1020
    replied
    My case status updated yesterday to Interview Scheduled. Application submitted January 22 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Maple1020
    replied
    Whoo hoo, we are into January! Thanks for letting us know.

Leave a comment:

• VanC123
    replied
    Had my case status update today to "Interview Scheduled". Priority date Jan 4. 2019

Leave a comment:

• SeattleIsShit
    replied
    Originally posted by Sierra2019 View Post
    UPDATE!
    Today I just read a marriage based AOS filer of Seattle got interview scheduled and waiting for actual interview date notice via mail.
    Her PD is March 2019, and filed with no dependent(s). It's a good news that we finally hear about Seattle filer's interview schedule.

In the meantime, I saw another December 2018 AOS filer still waiting for interview schedule at Seattle office.
    It seems that interviews may not be scheduled in a timely order.
    Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• sandeep.iiit
    replied
    Hi Seattle filers, has anyone got biometrics appointment scheduled recently?
    I filed I-485 + I-765 + I-131 on 8/12/2020. It's being processed at National Benefits Center, and Seattle would be the local field office. As per other threads, I can see people from other field offices, who filed much later than me, are getting their biometrics scheduled. But I am still waiting for mine Any idea if Seattle is running "late" on biometrics appointments?

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X