X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piyushjohar
    replied
    Hi All,

Thank you for contributing to this thread. I found the timelines shared on this thread useful to get a relative idea of processing queue, so sharing my timelines below:

Priority Date: 01/29/2019
    RFE Issued: 02/13/2019
    Biometrics Appt. Date: 02/25/2019
    RFE Response Submitted: 03/11/2019
    Case is ready to be scheduled for interview: 05/08/2019
    EAD/AP Approval Date: 08/01/2019
    Received EAD/AP card: 08/08/2019

Any ~Jan 2019 Seattle filers here? Did you get interview notices yet?

Leave a comment:

• seattle2903
    replied
    Just a quick update: today my Green Card went in production. Interview was on January 13th.

Leave a comment:

• seattle2903
    replied
    OK guys, I did it! Interview completed. It was really smooth and pleasant, as expected. The IO was very friendly and it did not feel like an interrogation by any means. We were not asked anything besides how we met and the YES/NO questions on my I-485. I did not ask if it was approved or not, but he said that because we have been married less than 2 years, I would get a conditional GC. So I assume that's good news? Lol. Anyway, good luck to anyone having theirs coming up!

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    Yes. Bring everything single document they have ever issued you. Copies and originals.

Leave a comment:

• seattle2903
    replied
    Should I also bring all the receipts and the RFE I got form them to the interview?

Leave a comment:

• seattle2903
    replied
    Originally posted by Aj9188 View Post

Hi There - good luck. Some call outs based on your list:

1. you need to take a marriage certificate (certified original). you mention a marriage license which is not the same thing. you can usually get certified documents at the country administration office.
    2. In addition to photos of the wedding, make sure you have photos of trips you took together.

Good luck!
    Thanks for pointing that out! The license and certificate are not 2 separate papers in the county we got married in, that's why I typed license. The judge signed the "license" which I guess became a "certificate" upon signing. And it is a certified copy.

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
    I have my interview coming up in little more than a week. Getting my stuff in order. Does this seem about right/complete? We have tons of stuff but I think these are the most important. Thank you lots!

Originals
    • Interview notice
    • Driver licenses, passports, birth certificates and translation
    • Form I-693 and vaccination record
    • Current and expired EAD and I-131, SS card
    • Marriage license
    • Employment verification letter
    • 2018 joint tax return and W-2
    • Wedding album, invitation, and other miscellaneous pictures
    • Most recent I-94 and travel history

Financials
    • Latest mortgage statement and homeowner’s insurance
    • County tax record showing joint home ownership
    • Car registration and insurance
    • Joint checking account statements and blank check
    • Petitioner’s latest 2 pay stubs
    • Petitioner’s life insurance showing the applicant as beneficiary
    • Utility bills (internet, electricity, and water)
    • Previous joint apartment lease contract (before purchasing our home)

Miscellaneous and copies
    • Airplane tickets for trips together and with our families
    • Costco joint membership
    • Copy of the marriage certificate
    • Copy of the driver licenses, passports, birth certificates, and visa
    • Copy of the car registrations
    • Copy of the decree and the translation
    • I-94 and travel history of the applicant’s family showing several visits

Hi There - good luck. Some call outs based on your list:

1. you need to take a marriage certificate (certified original). you mention a marriage license which is not the same thing. you can usually get certified documents at the country administration office.
    2. In addition to photos of the wedding, make sure you have photos of trips you took together.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• seattle2903
    replied
    I have my interview coming up in little more than a week. Getting my stuff in order. Does this seem about right/complete? We have tons of stuff but I think these are the most important. Thank you lots!

Originals
    • Interview notice
    • Driver licenses, passports, birth certificates and translation
    • Form I-693 and vaccination record
    • Current and expired EAD and I-131, SS card
    • Marriage license
    • Employment verification letter
    • 2018 joint tax return and W-2
    • Wedding album, invitation, and other miscellaneous pictures
    • Most recent I-94 and travel history

Financials
    • Latest mortgage statement and homeowner’s insurance
    • County tax record showing joint home ownership
    • Car registration and insurance
    • Joint checking account statements and blank check
    • Petitioner’s latest 2 pay stubs
    • Petitioner’s life insurance showing the applicant as beneficiary
    • Utility bills (internet, electricity, and water)
    • Previous joint apartment lease contract (before purchasing our home)

Miscellaneous and copies
    • Airplane tickets for trips together and with our families
    • Costco joint membership
    • Copy of the marriage certificate
    • Copy of the driver licenses, passports, birth certificates, and visa
    • Copy of the car registrations
    • Copy of the decree and the translation
    • I-94 and travel history of the applicant’s family showing several visits

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    Hello - We had our interview yesterday. It was about 30 minutes long. Officer was extremely friendly and it was very smooth. We had a lot of supporting documents and he asked some basic questions like our wedding anniversary date, how we celebrated and some questions about our pets. He looked through our vacation photos, wedding photos and invitations. He also asked a bit about the number of countries we had visited together and some parts about our trip. He also asked us both about each other's jobs. At the end of the interview, he said he had all he needed to make a decision and wished us both well. I had brought new medicals just in case he needed them but he did not ask for them. I also brought every copy of every document I could think of. He did grab our joint tax return for 2018. A few hours after the interview, the status online flipped to new card has been ordered and I'm now hoping to get it end of the week!

I wish everyone here well and good luck. Happy new year and I hope the next decade brings wonderful things to you all.

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    Thank you. I will share my interview experience after I finish it with the group. It's on Monday so wish us luck. I will do that because I have benefited from other people posting about their experience here and will share mine too.

Leave a comment:

• JAMANUE1
    replied
    Hi Aj9188,

1. Bring a copy of the I130 for your reference during the interview, and the receipt notice. Since you filed concurrently, the interviewer will make a decision on your I130 after the interview.

2. Marriage certificate + US passport and birth certificate of spouse + your passport and birth certificate.

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    Hello - I need some advice.

1. I am putting together my documents in preparation for the interview and I only have my 1-130 receipt notice. Am I supposed to have an approval as well? I concurrently filed I-485 and I-130 since I am already in the USA when I filed.
    2. There is a checklist line item in the immigration notice that reads "All documentation establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status". I'm interpreting this as bring copies of the I-485 and I-130 that was submitted.Am i correct? is there anything else that falls under this category i should bring? Obviously I will have ceritified marriage certificate and other documents they asked for but wasn't clear what this specific line meat.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Aj9188; 12-23-2019, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• waseq117
    replied
    Hi,

When I check my case status vis USCIS website it shows Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction on Oct 18, 2019. My address is in Seattle, so I guess my interview shall take place in the Seattle office. I see from previous posts that the interview date is usually given within 2 months after the case is transferred to the local office. It is now just over 2 months and still didn't got any interview date. Anyone else in this group faced delay in scheduling the AOS interview? Is it a matter of concern?

Below is my timeline

PD I-485 Aug 02, 2019 (EB2- employment-based) (I-140 and I-485 concurrent processing)
    Biometrics Sep 04, 2019
    Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction Oct 18, 2019

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• seattle2903
    replied
    I did my medical exam yesterday and wanted to share how it went, maybe it helps someone. I called 5 offices from the USCIS list. Two of them had the earliest available appointment at the end of January. One of them was in the process of moving their offices. The other two had appointments available next day, so I asked about the price and whatnot. First one said it is a flat fee of $400 and then up to $800, based on which vaccines are needed. OK, that sounded about right, in the same price range I've seen other people paid. But I decided to give a call to the last office and turns out, their flat fee was $280, plus any vaccines on top of that and they were available next day. Great!

I went to that office, filled out a shot form and presented my vaccination record I had brought from Europe. They took an urine and then blood samples, measured my height and weight, and that was it. Turns out I only needed the flu shot and the tDap since all other vaccines had been done, per my record. They gave me the option of getting the vaccines there or going wherever else I wanted. I decided to go do them at Costco, which ended up being $20 for the flu shot and $42 for the tDap. The doctor said it will take 3-4 days to get the lab work done and they'll call me back when it's done. So, all in all, the medical was $342 before the insurance kicked in.

Leave a comment:

• JAMANUE1
    replied
    Thank you Luckycharm4111!

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X