X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by Aj9188 View Post
    You are correct. I was mistaken. What I found on further research is that if you have been married for more than two years at the time of approval you may receive a non conditional 10 year card. If you have a conditional card unfortunately even if your second anniversary was one day after approval date you get a conditional card and have to wait 90 days of export to remove conditions.
    Got it. Have to wait 21 months. Lets do that later!

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

vv123 Hi there, an ROC application needs to be filed with another payment for the I-751 and biometric services at month 21 before the 2-year conditional GC expires. So take note of your date and make sure the I-751 is filed within the 90-day period before expiration date of your GC.
    Cheers.
    Thanks for the reply. Aj9188 just mentioned we can file for ROC as soon as we have been married 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    How’s everybody doing? It’s awfully quite here . Any interviews for priority dates July or August?

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    You are correct. I was mistaken. What I found on further research is that if you have been married for more than two years at the time of approval you may receive a non conditional 10 year card. If you have a conditional card unfortunately even if your second anniversary was one day after approval date you get a conditional card and have to wait 90 days of export to remove conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Enub4
    replied
    You also don’t have to wait until the card expires. You can file for ROC as soon as you have been married 2 years.
    From what I read, the process should start 90 days before the 2-year conditional GC expires (not related to 2-year marriage):
    https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...based-marriage

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    You also don’t have to wait until the card expires. You can file for ROC as soon as you have been married 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by vv123 View Post

I think we will have a permanent GC after two years automatically (if still in marriage) right? Is this thread for remove the condition earlier or just for 2 years later? Thanks!
    vv123 Hi there, an ROC application needs to be filed with another payment for the I-751 and biometric services at month 21 before the 2-year conditional GC expires. So take note of your date and make sure the I-751 is filed within the 90-day period before expiration date of your GC.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied
    Hello - you have to file to remove conditions. It is not automatic.

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    Hello Seattle Filers with conditional GC,

So we've subscribed to another thread across the pond, you might want to keep an eye for that because UScitizenFilingforspouse who has been very diligent in the AOS threads has put up a TOC for the removal of conditions which could be a great resource in putting together your strategy and get through the removal filing with ease when the time comes, link is below:

Cheers
    I think we will have a permanent GC after two years automatically (if still in marriage) right? Is this thread for remove the condition earlier or just for 2 years later? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    I had my interview on Sep 24th and now the new card is ordered and i485 approved. Not sure why the online status i130 is not approved yet. Looking forward to receive my GC! Thanks all for the great information here. And good luck to those still waiting for interviews or having a coming interview~

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Thanks ! I’m curious to know how far out the actual interview dates are from the point you get scheduled.
    For my case it was one month.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers with conditional GC,

So we've subscribed to another thread across the pond, you might want to keep an eye for that because UScitizenFilingforspouse who has been very diligent in the AOS threads has put up a TOC for the removal of conditions which could be a great resource in putting together your strategy and get through the removal filing with ease when the time comes, link is below:

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Thanks ! I’m curious to know how far out the actual interview dates are from the point you get scheduled.
    Interview date is about a month from your NOA and NOA arrives about 5 days after your case status changes to Interview Scheduled.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Aj9188
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sea062018
    replied

That’s wonderful news. Good luck and congratulations! Mine is August 28 2019 and so I’m hopeful that if someone in late June is getting scheduled I’m not too far away !
    Thank you very much! We're super happy here!
    Soon you'll receive an Interview Update

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X