X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aj9188
    replied
    Originally posted by sea062018 View Post
    Today I woke up to very good news: my interview is finally scheduled!
    I'll be back here with the interview date as soon as I receive the notice.

Seattle – PD June 28 2018
    That’s wonderful news. Good luck and congratulations! Mine is August 28 2019 and so I’m hopeful that if someone in late June is getting scheduled I’m not too far away !

Leave a comment:

• sea062018
    replied
    Today I woke up to very good news: my interview is finally scheduled!
    I'll be back here with the interview date as soon as I receive the notice.

Seattle – PD June 28 2018

Leave a comment:

• sea062018
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    Hello Seattle Filers,

Just updating the forum with my details which culminated to the final arrival of the 2 year conditional GC below:

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP : Received 737s but nothing afterwards
    August 2, 2019: Initial Interview Scheduled
    August 8, 2019: Received NOA for Initial Interview Scheduled
    September 9, 2019: Initial Interview for AOS - for further review 30 days - no approval on the spot
    September 19, 2019: I-485 was approved, status changed to card being produced September 21, 2019
    September 26, 2019: 2 Year Conditional GC received in mail

In total a little bit over 18 months end-to-end from PD to GC.

My Quick Tips:
    • Some of you may still be waiting for their interviews, do stay patient, it will come.
    • When interview notice comes, start putting together the best evidences required for the AOS interview, better fully prepared and just have the immigration officer cherry-pick from your collection of documents, rather than not have what they asked for in the first place in the AOS interview NOA letter.
    • On interview day, shower shave dress up wear makeup be pretty/handsome, it makes a very good first impression, come on time and engage the immigration officer with smiles and light conversation, answering questions directly and briefly, only explain some more if they ask you to give more details.
    • For the ones who had interviews and are still hurdling through an RFE or a case still for further review, take it easy, give them what they ask for in terms of evidence and you will be fine, otherwise its just a matter of time if you have done all your best to provide evidence for them to approve your AOS.
    Until the next stage of the journey 21 months from now, we thank everyone in the forum for being part of our journey to this point, it always helps to know you are not the only one going through the process and the anxieties, we are very very grateful.

Cheers.

Hey gaps0214, thanks for coming back to share all your timeline and some very important tips with us!
    My PD is June 28, 2018 and I'm still waiting for my interview to be scheduled.
    The silver lining on my end is that we're heading to our 3rd wedding anniversary so, by the time we have the interview, it will be a Permanent GC.

This waiting game causes a lot of anxiety but posts like yours definitely give us a lot of hope.
    I wish you and your spouse a lovely journey filled with happiness!

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers,

Just updating the forum with my details which culminated to the final arrival of the 2 year conditional GC below:

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP : Received 737s but nothing afterwards
    August 2, 2019: Initial Interview Scheduled
    August 8, 2019: Received NOA for Initial Interview Scheduled
    September 9, 2019: Initial Interview for AOS - for further review 30 days - no approval on the spot
    September 19, 2019: I-485 was approved, status changed to card being produced September 21, 2019
    September 26, 2019: 2 Year Conditional GC received in mail

In total a little bit over 18 months end-to-end from PD to GC.

My Quick Tips:
    • Some of you may still be waiting for their interviews, do stay patient, it will come.
    • When interview notice comes, start putting together the best evidences required for the AOS interview, better fully prepared and just have the immigration officer cherry-pick from your collection of documents, rather than not have what they asked for in the first place in the AOS interview NOA letter.
    • On interview day, shower shave dress up wear makeup be pretty/handsome, it makes a very good first impression, come on time and engage the immigration officer with smiles and light conversation, answering questions directly and briefly, only explain some more if they ask you to give more details.
    • For the ones who had interviews and are still hurdling through an RFE or a case still for further review, take it easy, give them what they ask for in terms of evidence and you will be fine, otherwise its just a matter of time if you have done all your best to provide evidence for them to approve your AOS.
    Until the next stage of the journey 21 months from now, we thank everyone in the forum for being part of our journey to this point, it always helps to know you are not the only one going through the process and the anxieties, we are very very grateful.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    Hello everyone, here is my timeline for Seattle office. It’s been a long journey for me, as this is my 7th year here in states and it is my first green card. I am beyond excited to finally receive my documents! Thank you everyone on this forum for your replies, comments and suggestions

11 Apr 2018 PD Date

17 May 2018 Biometrics appointment

15 Aug 2018 Work permit received

11 Jun 2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

12 Aug 2019 Interview was scheduled

16 Sep 2019 Interview

16 Sep 2019 Green card was ordered

21 Sep 2019 i485-i130 approval notice delivered

24 Sep 2019 Green card delivered

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied

Hi annette2412 have you gotten your card yet in the mail? Just wondering how long it took from receiving the notice in the mail and the card itself in the mail.
    Thanks for writing back.
    Cheers.

Yes it got delivered today. So happy. I will post my entire timeline soon. Good luck to everyone getting their green cards ???? You can do it!

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by willpoint53 View Post
    Hey guys,

My wife and I had our AOS interview on September 16th. Early morning in Minneapolis. The officer went over the I-130 with me (Husband) and I-485 with my Wife. No other questions were asked!!!!! We gave the IO our newly submitted paper works. This includes, ( 2018 tax return, water bill, new sign lease, and health insurance.) And, That was it. Didn't ask how we met, how I propose to her, our life, and etc. I'm a little bit worried.

The whole interview took about 10 mins or so. At the end of the interview, the IO gave us a paper stating that he could not approve us on the spot and needs further background checking. It's been seven days now. Our case status has not changed. Still says the case was scheduled.

Anyone has this kind of experience????? or know how long it will take for them to approve us? or...anything????????????

So worried right now and can't do anything.

If anyone out there is having the same experience or close to it. Would mind sharing their thoughts or feelings??????

Much appreciated.

Thank you,
    willpoint53 your experience and ours is almost identical, but you probably had it better because it seemed that you took a lot less time than we did in the interview, but we did get an approval on the 485 about 10 days after interview date, the 130 got approved the day after, and the notices arrived in the mail on the 14th day after interview, so hang in there, and get ready to receive your good news

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by annette2412 View Post

Gaps, my i130 and i485 approval notice were delivered today
    Hi annette2412 have you gotten your card yet in the mail? Just wondering how long it took from receiving the notice in the mail and the card itself in the mail.
    Thanks for writing back.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post
    gaps0214 we received a request for more evidence. In April my husband was a victim of a carjacking and kidnapping. This letter says they want certified police report for the arrest incident or complaint. And then it explains this is written report created by the police officer who arrested you. I really hope I'm reading that wrong because he was the victim and not arrested. They also want the original birth certificate for my husband and his daughter. We took this to the interview and they did not ask for it. Now they're telling me the copies are not complete which they are. They also want evidence that our marriage is legitimate. Because last year we had our tax return split into two different bank accounts and they're saying we didn't give statements from those bank account which we did. I have already provided them what they want. I provided our apartment lease, joint bank statements, light bill with both names, internet bill with both names, renter's insurance and medical insurance in both names as well as a whole packet full of pictures of him and I. We don't have any wedding pictures because we got married in Vegas and no one was there to take pictures. I'm not exactly sure what to do from here. Feeling extremely frustrated.
    Dorothyguenther OK I'm reading your update and while it may feel a bit overwhelming for you because of the pent-up anxiety, do take a few minutes to breathe and take stock of the demands from immigration - 1) copy of certified police report of "incident" in question - can you get that? I hope so;
    2) original birth certificates are easy to get because all I did was drive to Tumwater and get my husband's they give it to you once you pay the fee no questions;
    3) Evidence of legitimate marriage - I say dump them the same evidence you have provided before the interview and the evidence you brought to the interview but they did not bother to collect - separate the two files and provide a cover letter - gently reminding them of the fact that you have submitted these at the start of the AOS application and have brought the second set during the first AOS interview
    4) About the pictures, I suggest that you are able to label these according to place, time and date taken, then organize them in order from latest to oldest
    5) Send your documents with a cover letter for the whole package, then another cover letter for each major section of documents/evidence that they specifically asked for in the RFE

If you need any more help to figure it out, PM me.

I trust you'll find this helpful and take it easy, you'll get through this fine.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    Originally posted by willpoint53 View Post
    Hey guys,

My wife and I had our AOS interview on September 16th. Early morning in Minneapolis. The officer went over the I-130 with me (Husband) and I-485 with my Wife. No other questions were asked!!!!! We gave the IO our newly submitted paper works. This includes, ( 2018 tax return, water bill, new sign lease, and health insurance.) And, That was it. Didn't ask how we met, how I propose to her, our life, and etc. I'm a little bit worried.

The whole interview took about 10 mins or so. At the end of the interview, the IO gave us a paper stating that he could not approve us on the spot and needs further background checking. It's been seven days now. Our case status has not changed. Still says the case was scheduled.

Anyone has this kind of experience????? or know how long it will take for them to approve us? or...anything????????????

If anyone out there is having the same experience or close to it. Would mind sharing their thoughts or feelings??????

Much appreciated.

Thank you,
    willpoint53 the same thing just happened to us. We had our interview on September 3rd and yesterday received a letter that they want more information. The are requesting everything you see in the previous post. Gaps0214 had the same thing happen but was finally sent an approval. Hopefully they won't need anything else from you. I wouldn't worry at this moment. Good luck and we hope to hear good news from you soon.

Leave a comment:

• willpoint53
    replied
    Hey guys,

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    gaps0214 we received a request for more evidence. In April my husband was a victim of a carjacking and kidnapping. This letter says they want certified police report for the arrest incident or complaint. And then it explains this is written report created by the police officer who arrested you. I really hope I'm reading that wrong because he was the victim and not arrested. They also want the original birth certificate for my husband and his daughter. We took this to the interview and they did not ask for it. Now they're telling me the copies are not complete which they are. They also want evidence that our marriage is legitimate. Because last year we had our tax return split into two different bank accounts and they're saying we didn't give statements from those bank account which we did. I have already provided them what they want. I provided our apartment lease, joint bank statements, light bill with both names, internet bill with both names, renter's insurance and medical insurance in both names as well as a whole packet full of pictures of him and I. We don't have any wedding pictures because we got married in Vegas and no one was there to take pictures. I'm not exactly sure what to do from here. Feeling extremely frustrated.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by annette2412 View Post

annette2412 looking good there thank you for keeping us posted
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• kage
    replied
    We have our interview on Tuesday (package sent March '18) and getting a little nervous about it.
    Wanted to say thanks to all of you because your encouragement and accounts of interviews are helping us settle and know what to expect.
    Good luck to everyone else having interviews in the coming weeks/months! I'll be back to post how ours went.

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied

ryan_2112 thanks for responding to my query.
    We are also nearing our 2 year anniversary by the time the GC comes into our hands, and I'm wondering whether there are opportunities presenting itself here, considering that the conditional requirements can only be removed in 18 months after, but being married to a USC qualifies one to seek US citizenship after 3 years of marriage which means a little bit over halfway through the 18 months period to remove GC conditions. Wonder if anyone knows or have experience how this can be handled?

Dorothyguenther we're with you here sister, come back to the thread when you receive their formal notice for further documentation if you should ever need some extra eyes to look into the matter, but as I wrote you earlier, it should be nothing that you cannot provide to their full satisfaction, again I think its just a processing matter, I would like to think the fact they are asking for further documentation means they are intent on approving your case

annette2412 presumably you'll get your hands on your GC and accompanying NOA document sooner than ours, please consider coming back to the forum to share if the NOA documentation will also indicate an official disposition of your 130, we have read in another thread "March 2018 Filers" that even though their online case status for 130 says "for further review" when their GC came it also provided an approval for their 130

A great weekend to you all. Cheers

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X