X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaps0214
    replied
    B_Andie Enub4
    thank you so much for the replies to my questions we very much appreciate it
    Cheers ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Enub4
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

This is correct!
    my lawyer said that most likely we will apply for removal conditions and a year after for citizenship since removing conditions is taking 1.5 years.

Gaps - my i130 changed to approve the day after I got approved :-)
    That's what I understand, that even if you don't have your 10 year GC (taking too long) you can apply for citizenship if you want. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied
    Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

It is not 3 years married to USC, is 3 years having a GC and still married to USC.

In your case, you will need to remove the conditions in less than 2 years and then apply to Citizenship when you are near the 3 years with GC.
    This is correct!
    my lawyer said that most likely we will apply for removal conditions and a year after for citizenship since removing conditions is taking 1.5 years.

Gaps - my i130 changed to approve the day after I got approved :-)

Leave a comment:

• Enub4
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    We are also nearing our 2 year anniversary by the time the GC comes into our hands, and I'm wondering whether there are opportunities presenting itself here, considering that the conditional requirements can only be removed in 18 months after, but being married to a USC qualifies one to seek US citizenship after 3 years of marriage which means a little bit over halfway through the 18 months period to remove GC conditions. Wonder if anyone knows or have experience how this can be handled?
    It is not 3 years married to USC, is 3 years having a GC and still married to USC.

In your case, you will need to remove the conditions in less than 2 years and then apply to Citizenship when you are near the 3 years with GC.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by ryan_2112 View Post

I didn't file an I-130 so I can't help you there I'm afraid.

We're going to get a conditional GC I think even though we're literally 2 weeks off being married for 2 years ​​​​​​​
    ryan_2112 thanks for responding to my query.
    We are also nearing our 2 year anniversary by the time the GC comes into our hands, and I'm wondering whether there are opportunities presenting itself here, considering that the conditional requirements can only be removed in 18 months after, but being married to a USC qualifies one to seek US citizenship after 3 years of marriage which means a little bit over halfway through the 18 months period to remove GC conditions. Wonder if anyone knows or have experience how this can be handled?

Dorothyguenther we're with you here sister, come back to the thread when you receive their formal notice for further documentation if you should ever need some extra eyes to look into the matter, but as I wrote you earlier, it should be nothing that you cannot provide to their full satisfaction, again I think its just a processing matter, I would like to think the fact they are asking for further documentation means they are intent on approving your case

annette2412 presumably you'll get your hands on your GC and accompanying NOA document sooner than ours, please consider coming back to the forum to share if the NOA documentation will also indicate an official disposition of your 130, we have read in another thread "March 2018 Filers" that even though their online case status for 130 says "for further review" when their GC came it also provided an approval for their 130

A great weekend to you all. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123

I have a quick question:
    Did your I-130 also get approved at the same time as the 485?
    Please reply with your GC situation conditional or 10-year.
    Thank you.
    Cheers
    My i130 still says “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed” even though my i485 states “card was mailed to me»

Leave a comment:

• ryan_2112
    replied

I have a quick question:
    Thank you.
    Cheers
    I didn't file an I-130 so I can't help you there I'm afraid.

We're going to get a conditional GC I think even though we're literally 2 weeks off being married for 2 years ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ryan_2112
    replied
    Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

gaps0214 thanks for your encouragement. I had nightmares about this last night and then woke up to this email. I am literally sick to my stomach. I don't know what we would do if we didn't get approved.
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry when it's out of your hands. I won't lie to you and tell you they will approve it because there's an extremely small chance they might not (I think it's about 1% so you should be fine so long as you did everything right )

I guess just think about all the times you've worried about something happening that then never happened. Worrying's not going to fix anything so focus on the present and work on the next steps if worst comes to worst

We've all got our fingers crossed for you! Wishing you the best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied

Dorothyguenther it could just be one of those things you can easily provide them, I still think the AOS process is a bit quirky but predictable, so my thoughts on your updated situation is that someone in immigration feels they want to be thorough in their job so they’d like to show some more effort, I’m sorry your case had to be the one they picked on, but I’d go back to what your husband said about the interview having gone well and trust that whatever theyre asking for is just a processing matter. I am looking forward to read your good news and keep your spirits up. Wishing you a great weekend.
    Cheers.
    gaps0214 thanks for your encouragement. I had nightmares about this last night and then woke up to this email. I am literally sick to my stomach. I don't know what we would do if we didn't get approved.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied

​​​​​​​I have a quick question:
    Thank you.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

gaps0214 they sent us a request for more information. I wonder what they need now. I was pretty thorough.
    Dorothyguenther it could just be one of those things you can easily provide them, I still think the AOS process is a bit quirky but predictable, so my thoughts on your updated situation is that someone in immigration feels they want to be thorough in their job so they’d like to show some more effort, I’m sorry your case had to be the one they picked on, but I’d go back to what your husband said about the interview having gone well and trust that whatever theyre asking for is just a processing matter. I am looking forward to read your good news and keep your spirits up. Wishing you a great weekend.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers,

So today we had some good news! "Card is being produced" in our myuscis account status for the 485.Dorothyguenther Can you check your 485 status as well?
    Our timeline is reposted below with the update, will be back in the thread when we have the green card in hand:
    Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Extension of EAD/AP Sent
    March 15, 2019: Received 797 on AP Renewal
    September 9, 2019: Initial Interview / Case for further Review
    September 19, 2019: Card being Produced

Dorothyguenther B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123 please consider staying in touch for the next process of removing conditions to the GC?

Cheers everyone.
    gaps0214 they sent us a request for more information. I wonder what they need now. I was pretty thorough.

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    Finally!! Congratulations! I just got an update that my card is mailed. It only took them 2 days to print it. Hopefully you card will arrive soon. I will defiantly keep everyone updated on 10 year one.
    Good luck!

Hello Seattle Filers,

So today we had some good news! "Card is being produced" in our myuscis account status for the 485.Dorothyguenther Can you check your 485 status as well?
    Our timeline is reposted below with the update, will be back in the thread when we have the green card in hand:
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved

Dorothyguenther B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123 please consider staying in touch for the next process of removing conditions to the GC?

Cheers everyone. ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers,

Cheers everyone.
    Congrats gaps0214 . My GC is 10 years since we married for more than 3 years when we interviewed. So our long wait is kind of a blessing in disguise.
    Dorothyguenther Hope we will hear updates from you next.
    Last edited by ftsoh; 09-19-2019, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers,

Cheers everyone.
    gaps0214 nothing

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X