X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaps0214
    replied
    Hello Seattle Filers,

So today we had some good news! "Card is being produced" in our myuscis account status for the 485.Dorothyguenther Can you check your 485 status as well?
    Our timeline is reposted below with the update, will be back in the thread when we have the green card in hand:
    Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Extension of EAD/AP Sent
    March 15, 2019: Received 797 on AP Renewal
    September 9, 2019: Initial Interview / Case for further Review
    September 19, 2019: Card being Produced

Dorothyguenther B_Andie ftsoh annette2412 ryan_2112 AngieMS vv123 please consider staying in touch for the next process of removing conditions to the GC?

Cheers everyone. ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ryan_2112
    replied
    Originally posted by Stormlead86 View Post
    congratulations ryan_2112
    Thanks bud

Leave a comment:

• Stormlead86
    replied
    congratulations ryan_2112

Leave a comment:

• ryan_2112
    replied
    Had my interview yesterday!

Went extremely well to my surprise. We arrived 20 minutes early, checked in, and made our way to the waiting room. We got called in maybe 15 minutes after sitting down?

The officer was female and extremely nice! She led us to her colleagues office to get my fingerprints scanned because the one in her office had broken. After getting them scanned we went back to her office and she asked us some questions - basically just going through our I-129F I believe and confirming all of our information was still up to date in terms of addresses, names, place of work etc.

I had prepared a huge binder of files filled with tax documents, bank statements, receipts, pictures etc. etc. - It was really overkill but I wanted to be well prepared. I'm not sure if it's good thing or a bad thing but she didn't want to see any of it when I asked haha! She only asked for our passports and drivers licenses.

She maybe asked 2 questions from what I remember; How and when did you meet? and when did you start considering marriage? and that was it!

She said that we were most likely approved but that she wanted to double check all of our already submitted forms and documents later that day after we'd left. She just said that If she needed anything because it was missing, she would just submit an RFE.

We got married on October 2nd 2017 so part of me is really hoping they'll wait a couple of weeks before issuing our GC because I'd rather not get a conditional GC considering how close we are to the 2 year boundry line of just getting a 10 year one (it would also save me the $700 filing fee I've heard about!!) . Either way, I'm quite happy with how it went!

All in all the interview took about 15-20 minutes in total and was very very easy!

Also, just checked the online status and it says "New Card Is Being Produced - On September 17, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY X, and will mail it to the address you gave us." so I guess that might mean it's been approved?

Thanks for all the advice guys

Leave a comment:

• interview2019
    replied
    I just have the interview today. PD Apr 2018.
    The interview takes 30’. Not approved on the spot but I hope that it goes well. Because the IO talked about GC 2 years and 10 years.
    But I did not have the white page as many ppl mentioned. Any ideas abt it?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    I got notification yesterday that my card is being produced
    Last edited by annette2412; 09-17-2019, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by annette2412 View Post
    We had our interview today, it was a little tough. We came there 30 min early and were waiting for our officer to call us. He called our number then immediately told me to stay here and took my husband (us citizen) to the interview. So they separated us straight away. My husband was there for about 15 min and then it was my turn. I was stuck there for an hour...The questions were as expected, going through the file and our marriage information. He asked me and my husband same questions. Our officer was very strict and down to business. However , we were approved on the spot, so it’s all worth it! No online updates yet.

how long will it usually take to get an update in the system?

Thanks!!
    Congratulations for the approval on the spot annette2412
    Do come back and tell us about the GC you receive.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

I got the GC on Saturday. Really happy and want to thank you all for the support through this journey.
    gaps0214 Dorothyguenther Hope you will have update soon.
    Big Congratulations ftsoh
    And thank you for the good wishes, I'm sure we'll be writing in some good news from our side at some point.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
    annette2412 some people report updates the same day 30 min after the interview or several hours. Some the next day or a few days later. I hope you get your GC soon.
    Thank you! Hopefully it will be very soon

Leave a comment:

• Enub4
    replied
    annette2412 some people report updates the same day 30 min after the interview or several hours. Some the next day or a few days later. I hope you get your GC soon.

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    We had our interview today, it was a little tough. We came there 30 min early and were waiting for our officer to call us. He called our number then immediately told me to stay here and took my husband (us citizen) to the interview. So they separated us straight away. My husband was there for about 15 min and then it was my turn. I was stuck there for an hour...The questions were as expected, going through the file and our marriage information. He asked me and my husband same questions. Our officer was very strict and down to business. However , we were approved on the spot, so it’s all worth it! No online updates yet.

how long will it usually take to get an update in the system?

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
    Hi all, today I received my green card. From the interview day it took 9 days to receive it.

Hope everyone gets the gc soon.
    I got the GC on Saturday. Really happy and want to thank you all for the support through this journey.
    gaps0214 Dorothyguenther Hope you will have update soon.
    Last edited by ftsoh; 09-16-2019, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    kexistence
    Hello, I noticed you have the same situation months ago as me and Dorothyguenther regarding our AOS interviews and not getting an approval on the spot.
    Can you update us on your GC situation?
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    B_Andie you son of a gun! There you GO! Big Congratulations!!!
    Dorothyguenther all quiet from my side of the pond dear, don't you worry, they say the fruits that ripen last are the sweetest, so let's keep looking forward to our GC to ripen and get in our hands soon let's keep each other posted. We reckon if the 30 day mark arrives without any further updates, we should buzz each other on the next steps. But we feel its just a processing issue and nothing to do about approval, as yours is as well, the bureaucratic tape just has to be given a little more space.
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
    Hi all, today I received my green card. From the interview day it took 9 days to receive it.

Hope everyone gets the gc soon.

Wohoo! Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X