• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by AngieMS View Post

Hi B_Andie , sorry for the late reponse:
    1. I brought copies of documents and originals, although i did not bring all originals. I wasn't asked for any of them during the interview
    2. I brought a copy of the forms but that was it
    3. I did not bring the affidavit again but did bring my W2s, latest paystubs and latest tax filing. Didnt get asked for them though
    4. This was part of the i-693 for the medical so when i did my medical exam i was asked for this.

Good lunck in the interview!
    Thank you so much for your reply Preparing for the interview documents.

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

B_Andie gaps0214 so we had our interview today and I am uncertain how I feel with how it went. We did not get an answer today however my husband feels that it went very well. She said she needed to review our Affidavit of Support application again along with some information that my husband gave her today and they would send us an answer in the mail. I guess she made my husband feel like we would be getting the card because she was telling us about receiving it within 30 days. I would have liked to have gotten a same-day approval but it just didn't happen for us. I will keep you posted when I find out what happened.
    If your husband feels good I think it will be fine. They might just need more time to check something.

BTW, may I ask why she needed to review your Affidavit of Support application again ? Did you change your support status and what supporting documents you bring for it? Did she asked for more supporting documents? Since our supporting status also changed,I am concerned about that.

For the criminal activities, did she only ask about you or both of you? Since my spouse has been arrested but dismissed later. I don't know if we need to prepare anything?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

I wish everything works out for you . Maybe you are being too hard on yourself. Why do you think it went ok and not great ? Do you also recall any questions ?
    B_Andie gaps0214 ftsoh thank you all for the well wishes. I will trust my husbands judgement. I just don't read people well I guess. They didn't ask any unusual questions. They just asked how and when we met, why we decided to get married, why we didn't apply for the K1 visa (had approved tourist visa already when we were married), asked about our kids (we both have kids from previous relationships), asked about jobs, where we live and all of the questions on the app about criminal activity. She never looked at any documents we brought and did not want to see originals. She took our copies and the pics I had printed (all stored in our phones lol) and said she would review them and make her determination. Praying for the best now. This forum has made this process so much better and I appreciate you all. I will keep you posted. Good luck to you all as well and hoping you get instant approval.

Leave a comment:

• nana.p
    replied
    My PD is 10/01/2018, when do you guys think my interview is gonna take place? Im asking because I just started a new job in July and I'm planning vacation on October but if there's a chance I'll have my interview before the year ends, I'll have to cancel my trip

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied

B_Andie gaps0214 so we had our interview today and I am uncertain how I feel with how it went. We did not get an answer today however my husband feels that it went very well. She said she needed to review our Affidavit of Support application again along with some information that my husband gave her today and they would send us an answer in the mail. I guess she made my husband feel like we would be getting the card because she was telling us about receiving it within 30 days. I would have liked to have gotten a same-day approval but it just didn't happen for us. I will keep you posted when I find out what happened.
    Dorothyguenther I guess you got the IO who stuck by the usual talking points after the interview process is completed. I have been reading the same story from others throughout these forums only to have a GC approved in their cases shortly after. Keep your spirits up, it'll turn out fine. If your husband thought it went well, I'd trust his judgement. Hope to read your good news at some point, do stay in touch.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied
    Dorothyguenther I read a case from another state that is similar to yours. Not approved on the spot and the interviewer said need to further review documents. After a couple days, the person did get his/her green card approval notice. So, keep checking your online status to see if there is any update.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied

I wish everything works out for you . Maybe you are being too hard on yourself. Why do you think it went ok and not great ? Do you also recall any questions ?

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied

B_Andie I will update tomorrow. Praying for a positive outcome.

Leave a comment:

• AngieMS
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

BIG CONGRATULATIONS AngieMS
    I hope we go through the same smooth sailing next week.
    Cheers.
    Thank you! and best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• AngieMS
    replied
    Originally posted by vv123 View Post

Thank you so much for posting your checklist. I still have few questions:

1. Did you print a copy of all listed items, or just the original ones?
    2. Did you bring copy of your i-485 and i-130 applications (each has 100+ pages)?
    3. for item: Completed affidavit of support with all required evidence, including the following: ( Sent with application). You already sent with application, do you only take your W2 and and transcripts that are not sent with application ?
    4.Vaccination records, you mentioned you received a letter for you to provide that, is that a separate letter come after the interview notice? How long after the notice?

Thank you so much!
    Hi B_Andie , sorry for the late reponse:
    1. I brought copies of documents and originals, although i did not bring all originals. I wasn't asked for any of them during the interview
    2. I brought a copy of the forms but that was it
    3. I did not bring the affidavit again but did bring my W2s, latest paystubs and latest tax filing. Didnt get asked for them though
    4. This was part of the i-693 for the medical so when i did my medical exam i was asked for this.

Good lunck in the interview!

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

Please is it too much to ask to share your experience with us after the interview ?
    ours is right after yours so I would be great to learn about your experience.

On a diff topic I want to vent here that I find it completely unfair that the interview has been delayed so badly. Per what we see in this thread it seems that all feb March and April filers have gotten their interviews within a month....this confirms my hypothesis that our cases were completely ignored from February to early July. ????
    B_Andie I will update tomorrow. Praying for a positive outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied

Dorothyguenther good luck on your interview this week, please share the good news when you get done with it.
    Cheers
    gaps0214 it's almost 1 am. I can't sleep. Keep thinking I am forgetting something. Appt at 8:15am. Yikes. Thank you so much. I will post a status update soon.

Leave a comment:

• annette2412
    replied

Did you by any chance submit an original copy with your initial application papers? That would be sufficient.
    But it is a concern if no originals have been submitted and you dont have one to bring to the interview because the NOA does ask for an original birth certificate for both the petitioner and the beneficiary.
    I hope you get it sorted soon.
    Cheers.

No, I submit my copy with application . And my family mailed me my original documents. It’s been more than 2 weeks and they are not delivered yet and nowhere to be found with tracking. Making new original birth certificate is going to take months! I am now stressing out so much because of it. 2 weeks before my interview and I have all documents but my original birth certificate.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    gaps0214 we have our interview scheduled on September 3rd. Just really hoping we get the green card in hand before our cruise on October 5th.

​​​​​​​
    Dorothyguenther good luck on your interview this week, please share the good news when you get done with it.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by AngieMS View Post

Hi Andie, it went super! We got there and waited for about 45min. The officer called us and told us our request had been approved and that all they needed to do was to validate some information.
    We confirmed name, DOB, and our new address. Then we just went through the Yes/No questions. I gave them my medical form and then was told that i should get my GC within 30 days.
    WE are super happy! My husband and i have been married for almost 7 years and have 2 kids, so we are relieved we finally went through the process. Now i am anxiously waiting for the system to update with the approval and the GC to arrive in the mail
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS AngieMS
    I hope we go through the same smooth sailing next week.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X