X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AngieMS
    replied
    Hi alll,
    wanted to update on this thread, i have a Friend that is married based from December 2017 and has her interview on July 31st. I am also AOS married based, my PD is Feb 2018 and just received the interview alert on my email, waiting for the mail to arrive in the next 5 days.
    I will update the thread once i recieve more details. So ready for the wait to be over. I've been married for almost 7 years but we were super slow in filing (making sure we were 100% going to live in the Us permanently).

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post

oh no worries, I'm happy to share details, I know how stressful this whole thing is.

The NOA for the receipt of my I-765 renewal included the text about the 180 days extension. It refers to the eligibility categories - I'm C09. That means my expired EAD card and that receipt letter can be used for Form I-9.

The NOA for the receipt of my I-131 renewal did not include any text about extensions. I assumed that meant there is no automatic extension and my AP expired on the date listed on my original card.

and yes, my interview was at the Seattle office on Tukwila. We would have happily gone to Yakima or Portland to speed things up but so far I've only heard of citizenship interviews facing that possibility.
    thank you for writing back
    enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• bgfork
    replied
    Has any employment-based filers interviewing in seattle (12500 Tukwila) been approved on the spot or next day? Trying to gauge whether my gc would be approved within July or would I have to wait for Oct due to retrogression...

Leave a comment:

• yeahbuddy
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

yeahbuddy thank you for the quick reply, just one tiny little clarification on the automatic 180 days EAD extension, aside from the fact that the EAD does automatically extend 180 days, did you get a notification in writing from immigration that it was extended for 180 days? How about your AP? I'm not sure APs go with an automatic extension, so did you receive an extension in writing as well?
    Cheers and big congratulations again :-)
    oh no worries, I'm happy to share details, I know how stressful this whole thing is.

The NOA for the receipt of my I-765 renewal included the text about the 180 days extension. It refers to the eligibility categories - I'm C09. That means my expired EAD card and that receipt letter can be used for Form I-9.

The NOA for the receipt of my I-131 renewal did not include any text about extensions. I assumed that meant there is no automatic extension and my AP expired on the date listed on my original card.

and yes, my interview was at the Seattle office on Tukwila. We would have happily gone to Yakima or Portland to speed things up but so far I've only heard of citizenship interviews facing that possibility.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied

yeahbuddy thank you for the quick reply, just one tiny little clarification on the automatic 180 days EAD extension, aside from the fact that the EAD does automatically extend 180 days, did you get a notification in writing from immigration that it was extended for 180 days? How about your AP? I'm not sure APs go with an automatic extension, so did you receive an extension in writing as well?
    yeahbuddy last one - your interview was in the Tukwila facility right? I just wanted to check by any chance if your interview was in another field office.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied

I have not received my renewed EAD card. I had the automatic 180 days EAD extension but my AP expired in April 2019. We're going to celebrate the green card's arrival with a trip to Canada!

Next step for us is making sure the green card comes to the correct address! Our IO was confused why the interview notice went to the old one and said they'd double check the system for us. Hopefully that means it will be sent here.

Leave a comment:

• yeahbuddy
    replied
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS yeahbuddy one last question before we leave you in peace to enjoy your GC (come back and let us know what they issue to you a conditional one or a 10 year one) - when did you get your EAD/AP renewal card? Thank you for writing back.
    I have not received my renewed EAD card. I had the automatic 180 days EAD extension but my AP expired in April 2019. We're going to celebrate the green card's arrival with a trip to Canada!

Next step for us is making sure the green card comes to the correct address! Our IO was confused why the interview notice went to the old one and said they'd double check the system for us. Hopefully that means it will be sent here.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Good news over here! Dec 2017 PD. As expected, the interview notice was mailed to our old address. I'm happy to share tips on how we got hold of the notice if anyone is worried about the same thing happening. It's very stressful not knowing when the interview is and being told by USCIS to "wait 30 days".

Our interview was this week. We were called in about 1 hour after our interview time. No children, no joint bank account or credit cards, no family at our wedding, but we weren't grilled too hard. We didn't receive any white paper nor did we hear anything about removing conditions etc, it was left at "I need to review your documents". Got an update the next day saying our card is in production. 6 days before our 2 year wedding anniversary! Frustrating! But so relieved to have this good news.

It's a long wait but you will all get there eventually. Good luck!
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS yeahbuddy one last question before we leave you in peace to enjoy your GC (come back and let us know what they issue to you a conditional one or a 10 year one) - when did you get your EAD/AP renewal card? Thank you for writing back.
    B_Andie looks like the December 2017 cases are moving so if our friend here isnt an outlier, we should be getting an interview schedule notice around November this year?
    Dorothyguenther Thank you for writing an update on the EAD/AP renewal card, much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• yeahbuddy
    replied
    Good news over here! Dec 2017 PD. As expected, the interview notice was mailed to our old address. I'm happy to share tips on how we got hold of the notice if anyone is worried about the same thing happening. It's very stressful not knowing when the interview is and being told by USCIS to "wait 30 days".

Our interview was this week. We were called in about 1 hour after our interview time. No children, no joint bank account or credit cards, no family at our wedding, but we weren't grilled too hard. We didn't receive any white paper nor did we hear anything about removing conditions etc, it was left at "I need to review your documents". Got an update the next day saying our card is in production. 6 days before our 2 year wedding anniversary! Frustrating! But so relieved to have this good news.

It's a long wait but you will all get there eventually. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    gaps0214 no news on gc interview unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Dorothyguenther as our thread's resident lucky charm (for getting your EAD/AP renewal card sooo fast) :-)
    Any news if you've received a GC interview notice already?
    Looking forward to read from you.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied

B_Andie its really not a matter of money, but yes you are precisely correct it is a matter of time, when lives are on hold or at least limited to a certain extent because you cant make travel plans to enjoy new places outside the US borders (of course there are plenty to go about within US territory), and then there are some of us who would like to settle in to some predictability and control over our daily and future plans for living arrangements, the waiting period seems oppressive, but knowing there are others in the forum facing more complicated situations and protracted wait times, we must stay hopeful and positive our turn will come and yes it would be really nice to skip the conditional GC by getting a 10 year GC at interview time
    This is exactly my sentiment. We are hesitant to make oversea travel plan (even to Vancouver BC), because there is always a very small risk of using AP for reentry. Besides, we don't want to booked everything months in advance and then was notified the interview is scheduled right in the middle of the trip.

When we are job searching, it is also complicated to explain you are not F1 or H1B but are just waiting for green card interview (God knows when and even after interview it might be months to get the physical Green Card). Some HR might see it as a inconvenience or risk and would not be interested at you.

gaps0214 If the AOS are processed in a timely manner, they would not need to deal with loads of EAD/AP renewal. This is a vicious cycle.
    Last edited by ftsoh; 07-17-2019, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

oh wow! that is great then! once you are scheduled for interview it takes at least 5 weeks for the appointment so I think that once you have your interview you should get your permanent GC which will save you time and money (bc of removing conditions!).
    B_Andie its really not a matter of money, but yes you are precisely correct it is a matter of time, when lives are on hold or at least limited to a certain extent because you cant make travel plans to enjoy new places outside the US borders (of course there are plenty to go about within US territory), and then there are some of us who would like to settle in to some predictability and control over our daily and future plans for living arrangements, the waiting period seems oppressive, but knowing there are others in the forum facing more complicated situations and protracted wait times, we must stay hopeful and positive our turn will come and yes it would be really nice to skip the conditional GC by getting a 10 year GC at interview time

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

Tomorrow will be our 3rd anniversary.
    ftsoh congratulations on the anniversary milestone.
    Keep the faith, your time for interview will come, it has always been a waiting game. And I really appreciate you participating in the discussion. It helps us all.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

I feel you...when is your anniversary? ours is January so at this point having an interview after 2 years would make more sense
    Tomorrow will be our 3rd anniversary.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X