X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B_Andie
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

B_Andie we're 1 month apart on the anniversary month and I am also kinda wishing the interview happens after we cross the 2 year anniversary period but ftsoh is rightly frustrated here because you and I know that our EAD/AP renewals are probably languishing in the pipeline, who ever thought filing our renewal on time was going to be a handicap in this situation? For the EAD/AP renewals alone I would be happy if they just sent us the renewal cards first. I've been hesitant to make any job moves because my work authorization document expires in a month and that's a bit of a handicap.

Looking forward to read more from others in the thread too.

Cheers.
    oh wow! that is great then! once you are scheduled for interview it takes at least 5 weeks for the appointment so I think that once you have your interview you should get your permanent GC which will save you time and money (bc of removing conditions!).

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

I feel you...when is your anniversary? ours is January so at this point having an interview after 2 years would make more sense
    B_Andie we're 1 month apart on the anniversary month and I am also kinda wishing the interview happens after we cross the 2 year anniversary period but ftsoh is rightly frustrated here because you and I know that our EAD/AP renewals are probably languishing in the pipeline, who ever thought filing our renewal on time was going to be a handicap in this situation? For the EAD/AP renewals alone I would be happy if they just sent us the renewal cards first. I've been hesitant to make any job moves because my work authorization document expires in a month and that's a bit of a handicap.

Looking forward to read more from others in the thread too.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied
    Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

Yes, they will PROBABLY reassign the marriage based AOS to other "less" busy offices some time in the next decade (it is only 5 months away anyway). Sorry for the pessimism. Just getting very frustrated with this.
    I feel you...when is your anniversary? ours is January so at this point having an interview after 2 years would make more sense

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

Yes, they will PROBABLY reassign the marriage based AOS to other "less" busy offices some time in the next decade (it is only 5 months away anyway). Sorry for the pessimism. Just getting very frustrated with this.
    ftsoh your frustration is understandable, stay positive and keep your tail up
    I am quite surprised there seems to be less people in the Seattle thread concerned about the lengthy period of processing for family based AOS, not so surprised that Seattle FO is probably deluged with employement based AOS.
    Last edited by gaps0214; 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied

Thanks for sharing B_Andie
    I guess Seattle FO is really processing on priority employment based AOS.
    Am still hoping they'll farm out family based AOS to nearby FOs just to even out the nearly half year mismatch on processing times between the two.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

I was just told that a friend/colleague (mexican) got his interview for August. Employment based thoguh. His PD is Nov2018. FO -Seattle
    Thanks for sharing B_Andie
    I guess Seattle FO is really processing on priority employment based AOS.
    Am still hoping they'll farm out family based AOS to nearby FOs just to even out the nearly half year mismatch on processing times between the two.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied
    Bumping up the thread, anyone in Seattle have any news to share about their wait for GC interview? notices for case assigned to nearby FO?
    Cheers

I was just told that a friend/colleague (mexican) got his interview for August. Employment based thoguh. His PD is Nov2018. FO -Seattle

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Bumping up the thread, anyone in Seattle have any news to share about their wait for GC interview? notices for case assigned to nearby FO?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by hopeluck View Post

I wish there’s a place we can give feedbacks and to be heard... This whole thing is being ridiculous.... December applications has been processed since March. Hopefully January applications will be started soon.... ugh
    I guess this is about the best feedback place for you my dear.
    Its also good to be in the company of those in the same situation, and exchange experiences, and vicariously join in the good spirits of those who get lucky and have their paperworks processed outside the bell curve.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• hopeluck
    replied

Which is why I would like to believe that if the Seattle FO is being managed by professionals (who are not fishing our cases out of a fishbowl) will find it makes sense to farm out the family-based adjustment workload to nearby FOs like Yakima, Spokane or Portland, the latter being most likely possible/viable alternate FO for Seattle to alleviate the backlog.
    I wish there’s a place we can give feedbacks and to be heard... This whole thing is being ridiculous.... December applications has been processed since March. Hopefully January applications will be started soon.... ugh

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by hopeluck View Post

What I think is that the long wait is because of the large amount of employment based GC in Seattle.
    Which is why I would like to believe that if the Seattle FO is being managed by professionals (who are not fishing our cases out of a fishbowl) will find it makes sense to farm out the family-based adjustment workload to nearby FOs like Yakima, Spokane or Portland, the latter being most likely possible/viable alternate FO for Seattle to alleviate the backlog.

Leave a comment:

• hopeluck
    replied
    I am really flustered (but no fault of those in the thread who got their paperwork earlier than published processing times) to read that their EAD renewals have come so fast.
    We've put out our renewal papers early exactly 180 days before expiry and to date have not had any updates from USCIS.
    It gets almost upsetting that applicants in other states field offices with published processing times as long as Seattle are also getting GC interviews scheduled well ahead of those processing times.
    It just seems to be so random? You almost get that sinking feeling that the paperwork that gets through the pipeline is being fished out of a bowl at immigration.
    Congratulations to those who got their EAD/AP renewals and GC interviews, we can only wish we were in your shoes as well.

Cheers
    What I think is that the long wait is because of the large amount of employment based GC in Seattle.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    I am really flustered (but no fault of those in the thread who got their paperwork earlier than published processing times) to read that their EAD renewals have come so fast.
    We've put out our renewal papers early exactly 180 days before expiry and to date have not had any updates from USCIS.
    It gets almost upsetting that applicants in other states field offices with published processing times as long as Seattle are also getting GC interviews scheduled well ahead of those processing times.
    It just seems to be so random? You almost get that sinking feeling that the paperwork that gets through the pipeline is being fished out of a bowl at immigration.
    Congratulations to those who got their EAD/AP renewals and GC interviews, we can only wish we were in your shoes as well.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    I hope you both get something soon. I was shocked to be honest. I was worried it wouldn't show up before the current one expires. I know they have the automatic 180-day extension but having a card that looks like it's expired...I don't like it. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Rushste
    replied
    Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post
    Our PD for EAD Renewal was June 11, 2019. We had card in hand June 22, 2019.
    This is super quick, even quicker than lightning

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X