Traveling after GC interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling after GC interview

Hello, I just saw that my AOS interview has been scheduled. I haven't received the notice in the mail yet but I'm assuming it will be 4-6 weeks from now. My dilemma is that I happen to have a trip booked in the middle of April to Canada that I can't avoid (note I have Advance Parole).

If I have the AOS interview just a few days before my Canada trip, can I still travel on my Advance Parole even though I won't have my green card yet? I saw on the forums that if my AOS is approved soon after the interview, my EAD/AP card becomes "cancelled"...help please!

Hey

Originally posted by moch123 View Post
    Hello, I just saw that my AOS interview has been scheduled. I haven't received the notice in the mail yet but I'm assuming it will be 4-6 weeks from now. My dilemma is that I happen to have a trip booked in the middle of April to Canada that I can't avoid (note I have Advance Parole).

If I have the AOS interview just a few days before my Canada trip, can I still travel on my Advance Parole even though I won't have my green card yet? I saw on the forums that if my AOS is approved soon after the interview, my EAD/AP card becomes "cancelled"...help please!
    If they approve you on the spot they will put a stamp on your passport! Which you can travel with. Make sure you take your passport to the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by PD1216F2A View Post
      If they approve you on the spot they will put a stamp on your passport! Which you can travel with. Make sure you take your passport to the interview.
      Thanks for the quick reply! What if they approve me while I'm on my trip in Canada? Can i still get back with my AP even though I haven't received my GC yet?

Comment

I was in the same situation last week, IO said not to travel without I-551 stamp, he approved us verbally on the day so we explained our situation, he said once he approved in the system after reviewing medical forms, we would need to get the stamps. He was oof for the rest of the week, but called back first this today (07:36) to say he had approved and to go back to the USCIS office so he could put the stamps in the passport.

I could not get a straight answer from anyone re traveling with AP post GC approval, but the IO said we needed that I-551 stamp so that?s what we went with. We had to all go back in person for the stamps

Comment

Originally posted by UB40 View Post
          I was in the same situation last week, IO said not to travel without I-551 stamp, he approved us verbally on the day so we explained our situation, he said once he approved in the system after reviewing medical forms, we would need to get the stamps. He was oof for the rest of the week, but called back first this today (07:36) to say he had approved and to go back to the USCIS office so he could put the stamps in the passport.

I could not get a straight answer from anyone re traveling with AP post GC approval, but the IO said we needed that I-551 stamp so that?s what we went with. We had to all go back in person for the stamps
          Hi there,
          I am thinking buying tickets after my interview. How long did it take to get the stamp after the interview? Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by moch123 View Post

Thanks for the quick reply! What if they approve me while I'm on my trip in Canada? Can i still get back with my AP even though I haven't received my GC yet?
            Hi,
            Can you please share your experience? Did you travel with AP or GC at the end? I am in the same situation and need to figure out the date to purchase the tickets.Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X