Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Continuation (After Marriage Interview) I-485/I-130

Hi guys,

Just finished our marriage interview about 4 days ago. Mine was at the San Bernardino field office in CA. Officer was nice and courteous and our interview lasted about 35 minutes. No hard or really personal questions. In fact, the officer was very by the book and read off the I-485. To our delight, he also stated at the end that "looks like you two have a long history and are building a future here together." The thing is though, I submitted a large packet of documents in support of our marriage (accumulated over the past 2 years), so he said it would irresponsible of him if he didn't review them. I asked him, so we should probably hear back from you in 2-3 weeks, and he said yes. So, our case was not approved on the spot.

I checked online today and saw that a Notice of Continuation was mailed out on the day of the interview (3/8) for both the I/130 & I/485. Being a bit worried, does anyone know anything about this? My thoughts are they need some time to review the updated documents, though you can never be sure, right? Any thoughts will help, just wanted to share with someone so I don't go crazy here. Thank you!

Just wanted to let everyone know that our case was approved. I just checked online and it stated that our I-130 was approved and under our I-485, a new card was being produced. I think the officer saw that the materials I submitted showed a bona-fide marriage and when it came down to it, no other questions was needed. I submitted the following:
    • updated affidavits from family and co-workers;
    • updated medical examination;
    • most recent tax returns;
    • joint account summary letter;
    • pay stubs;
    • current employment letter;
    • utility bills;
    • cell phone bills;
    • health insurance;
    • life insurance naming my spouse as beneficiary;
    • ivf bills showing our intent to have babies;
    • current photos of events, outings with family and friends
    I hope this helps you guys and good luck to everyone! A bit of prayer and patience goes a long way, no joke.

Comment

Congrats!!
      Applications: I-102, I-485 and I-130

PD: 7/24/17
      Biometrics: 9/2/17
      We are scheduling your interview: 9/5/17 (then updated to March/15/18)
      EAD: October 2017
      I-102 approved on: 7/25/18
      EAD renewal and Advance Parole package received - 12/01/18
      EAD renewal being worked on - 12/05/18
      Interview scheduled notification received! - 2/6/19
      Interview - 3/26/19

Comment

Wow congratulations. I have same experience at San Bernardino fieldoffice since first week of February. My status still on Continuation Nice was mailed was and i havent recieve any nice since then.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Melo T View Post
            Thank you!!
            Congrats! What is your PD?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...