Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2019 Filers - AOS - Green Card here we come :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone - sent our documents on April 29th and they are received on 30th. Got NOA for 130 . Till this day I have not received any other NOAs but received emails with receipt numbers. While reading everyone’s biometrics are done so quickly, waiting for 55 days without nothing is quite depressing and stressful. Any ideas or anyone having the same problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by ophelia83 View Post
      Hi everyone - sent our documents on April 29th and they are received on 30th. Got NOA for 130 . Till this day I have not received any other NOAs but received emails with receipt numbers. While reading everyone’s biometrics are done so quickly, waiting for 55 days without nothing is quite depressing and stressful. Any ideas or anyone having the same problem?
      So you didn't get NOAs for I-485, I-765 and I-131 (if filed)? This is the first time I see a case like yours.
      Please enter your receipt numbers in https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do that page will say "Case Was Received On X we received form Y and sent you the receipt notice... If you do not receive your receipt notice by Z contact USCIS Contact Center at ... "

Is very important to have all your receipts.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

So you didn't get NOAs for I-485, I-765 and I-131 (if filed)? This is the first time I see a case like yours.
        Please enter your receipt numbers in https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do that page will say "Case Was Received On X we received form Y and sent you the receipt notice... If you do not receive your receipt notice by Z contact USCIS Contact Center at ... "

Is very important to have all your receipts.

Yes- we have not received anything! And we called them and they said if we have the receipt number we are fine and he added we know that people like
        having hardcopies but receipt numbers matter and you are fine. He said. So not sure what to do!

Comment

• So my lawyer informed me that the request for the birth certificate even though we included the Canadian long form is a relatively new thing in that they historically wanted the long form which is essentially a hand-written document but now they are asking for another type of Canadian birth certificate which is digitally produced even though it doesn't contain all the same information as the long form. So I ordered one and now I will be delayed 3-4 weeks until it shows up in the mail Here's my timeline:

04/19/2019 Application sent to Chicago
          04/23/2019 Application received by USCIS
          05/04/2019 Received NOAs in the mail
          05/10/2019 Received biometrics appointment letter
          05/20/2019 Biometrics appointment
          06/22/2019 Notification that RFIE has been mailed
          06/27/2019 RFIE received (request for Canadian electronic birth certificate in additional to the Canadian long form which was originally submitted)
          06/28/2019 Additional birth certificate ordered from Canada

Comment

• AoS married to US Citizen.
            Boston, MA

Here is my timeline so far:

04/12/2019 - Application sent to Chicago.
            04/17/2019 - Application received by USCIS.
            04/22/2019 - NOAs.
            04/30/2019 - RFIE Joint Sponsor.
            05/01/2019 - Biometric notice.
            05/14/2019 - Biometric appointment.
            05/20/2019 - RFIE Response sent.
            05/22/2019 - RFIE Response received by USCIS.
            06/04/2019 - I-693 Courtesy letter.
            New update:
            07/10/2019 - "Interview was Scheduled" (still waiting for letter).

Comment

• Originally posted by April2019Filer View Post
              AoS married to US Citizen.
              Boston, MA

Here is my timeline so far:

04/12/2019 - Application sent to Chicago.
              04/17/2019 - Application received by USCIS.
              04/22/2019 - NOAs.
              04/30/2019 - RFIE Joint Sponsor.
              05/01/2019 - Biometric notice.
              05/14/2019 - Biometric appointment.
              05/20/2019 - RFIE Response sent.
              05/22/2019 - RFIE Response received by USCIS.
              06/04/2019 - I-693 Courtesy letter.
              New update:
              07/10/2019 - "Interview was Scheduled" (still waiting for letter).
              Nice. Congrats!!!
              Chicago
              04/11/19 : Priority Date (i130, i130A, i145, i765, i864, i693 l USC spouse)
              05/13/19 : Biometrics
              05/15/19 : Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
              08/16/19 : EAD Card is being produced.
              08/20/19 : We Scheduled an interview
              08/21/19 : EAD approval and Card in hand
              09/30/19 : Interview
              09/30/19 : New Card is in Production (I485)

Comment

• Done with the process. Had my interview this morning. Saw the status was updated earlier to New Card is Being Processed.

Interview was fairly quick and straightforward. The officer asked us all the basic questions and verified our information. He asked us what we brought to him and took just three or four evidences when we wanted to show him more. He told us we could expect to hear the result by end of day today. Very happy and quick process.

Here's my timeline again:

04/22/2019: mailed the case
                04/25/2019: USCIS received the case
                05/01/2019: Notice date
                05/23/2019: Biometrics appointment date
                06/06/2019: Interview was scheduled notice
                06/13/2019: Received mail notice of the interview
                07/11/2019: Interview date

Comment

• Originally posted by Maria L View Post

Hey Missy. I had the same concern as you; I was under the impression that everybody else was receiving updates (fingerprint review completed, e-mails about pending case, etc). But I talked to a lawyer and he told me it has a lot to do with each state/field office. California is getting the most updates, for example. That doesn't mean, however, that the case is moving faster. There's nothing to be worried about
                  I just got a notification saying "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". I didn't even receive a notification for the completed fingerprint review, so it really depends on States/field offices as you mentioned. Who knows how long it takes from here, but I just wanted to say thank you!

(NYC)
                  04/26/2019 Filed case
                  04/29/2019 PD
                  05/10/2019 Received NOAs in the mail
                  05/21/2019 Case transferred and a new office has jurisdiction
                  05/31/2019 Biometrics appointment
                  07/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Comment

• Thank you all of you contributing to this forum. Awesome help

My Visa Status: H1B. Still employed fulltime
                    Married to US Citizen.
                    My Dates are as below
                    March 2019 :Sent the docs to Chicago lockbox. All prepared by us together . Concurrent filing
                    Apr 1: USCIS recived the pakage
                    May 1: Bio Completed
                    still waiting. No updates... is there anything to worry.. anyone in my shoes?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathw View Post
                      Thank you all of you contributing to this forum. Awesome help

Married to US Citizen.
                      My Dates are as below
                      March 2019 :Sent the docs to Chicago lockbox. All prepared by us together . Concurrent filing
                      still waiting. No updates... is there anything to worry.. anyone in my shoes?
                      I dont think there is anything to worry about... but yes it seems like some people from April 2019 are moving extremely fast! I am not..... haven't even gotten my bio yet

Comment

• Nothing to worry about sounds pretty normal. Had bio on May 23. No update since Status on uscis website : "we have reviewed your biometrics"
                        Have seen some April fillers getting their interview already I guess depends on the field office. Mine is Dallas Tx it is very slow so I will just try to keep myself busy thinking of going back to school so I won't be staying all day on my computer reading all the immigration forums and logging into my uscis account every 15mins.

Originally posted by mathw

Thank you for posting the updates. Congratulations!

Married to US Citizen.
                        My Dates are as below
                        still waiting. No updates... is there anything to worry.. anyone in my shoes

Comment

• Hi All!

I have just received a response from USCIS, I have made a mistake by not providing an english translated version of my Birth Certificate.
                          From this immihelp page I can get someone to translate it on his/her best account but it does not need to be done by a professional? Is it true? have anyone of you managed to translate your cert successfully?
                          4/23 - Filed I-485, I-795
                          4/24 - Received at Chicago Lockbox
                          5/21 - Received I-797C on receive
                          Pending Biometrics Appointment Notice

Comment

• Not much of an update but the response to the RFIE was sent yesterday - updated timeline is below. Also, my lawyer told me the RFIE only delays the 485 and not the EAD/AP for those interested or curious.

06/27/2019 RFIE received
                            07/22/2019 Response to RFIE sent to USCIS

Comment

• Originally posted by Parlo View Post
                              Not much of an update but the response to the RFIE was sent yesterday - updated timeline is below. Also, my lawyer told me the RFIE only delays the 485 and not the EAD/AP for those interested or curious.

06/27/2019 RFIE received
                              07/22/2019 Response to RFIE sent to USCIS
                              Really? I was told by USCIS that they delay everything..... I like your answer better Especially since I just booked flights to go see family with Christmas.... 6 months should be enough, no? For me to get the EAD/AP?

Comment

• I was surprised too as I feel like I've read conflicting views on this forum. The law firm I'm using is a large national immigration law firm too so I have some faith in that they know what they are talking about. I also got my notification yesterday from USCIS that they have received my response to the RFIE and have continued to work on the 485 again. I'm hoping the green card works out quicker than the EAD and based on some of the timelines posted for the April filers it appears that seems to be the case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X