Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2019 Filers - AOS - Green Card here we come :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2019 Filers - AOS - Green Card here we come :)

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to create a forum for April 19 filers to gather and discuss their timeline and process and receive feedback. Appreciate all and any words especially if you are an NBC filer.
    A little about my self, I came as an F1 student worked on opt and eventually got the H1B. Recently got married and just started filing.

USCIS Chicago lockbox facility rec'd package on 3/21/19 - i485, 765, 130, 140
    My documents were transferred to NBC
    Rec'd text msgs with receipt #'s - 4/10/19
    Rec'd Mail from USCIS - 4/16/19
    Biometrics letter - TBD

Hello, we just mailed our application last week. It was delivered to the lockbox on Monday but we haven't gotten any communication on if they received it. Did you get any notification that it was received that week that it was deliver? Or nothing until 4/10/19? Thanks for your comment

Comment

Hey, thanks for your response. Lets get this chat going. Where did you send your application? And yes it took exactly 3 weeks till i got my first text msg response from them with receipts. It made me really anxious waiting everyday but it took 3 weeks to hear something from USCIS.

Comment

Good luck! I sent my AOS application yesterday to Chicago!

Spouse of USC. B2 visa. Seattle.

Comment

Good luck! Thank you for the info. We sent it to the Chicago lockbox. I am in Hawaii. I am nervous because my wife's visa runs out on May 5 (visitor B2). Hopefully we hear soon.

Comment

Thet hopefully things work out for the best. Keep those fingers crossed. Good luck to you as well seattlefiller19 and thanks for updating us

Comment

hey Thet what happens if your wife visa runs out before she receives her necessary documents from USCIS?

Comment

Originally posted by AKDAGOAT View Post
                hey Thet what happens if your wife visa runs out before she receives her necessary documents from USCIS?

Hi

once you apply for AOS her visa would not matter, only if you applied after her visa expired and that would create problems
                it just started so its all case by case so you cant expect one having the same situation with another
                if you have your biometrics you will expect an interview ..
                you ve gotta long way to go

Good luck

Comment

thanks Totellthetruth . Did you also go through the AOS process? If so how long did it take you to get the GC and EAD?

Comment

Hi all, see below for myself. I had to re-send documents as last year I had them returned for a missing signature, only for the whole bunch of documents to go missing in the mail. After waiting and waiting, we opted to re-fill out and send again with a covering letter under advice from the congressman's office.

Tues. 04/09 - Sent AOS via UPS to Chicago - I485, I130, I130A, I765, I864
                    Thurs. 04/11 - Package received at Chicago

Will keep updating as I receive updates.

Comment

April filer.
                      Here is my timeline so far!
                      4/15/2019 package sent
                      4/16/2019 package received by Chicago office.
                      this is marriage base concurrent filing i-130 ,i-485 ,i-765,i-131, i-864,i-693, i-130a, two g-28 forms
                      Waiting....
                      update.
                      5/10/2019 NOAs in mailbox
                      waiting for bio notice
                      5/17/2019 bio letter received
                      5/20/2019 early bio walk in completed
                      8/29/2019 RFIE issued
                      9/17/2019 RFIE response sent
                      9/19/2019 RFIE response received
                      Last edited by Stassick; 09-19-2019, 01:50 PM.
                      4/15/2019 Monday. Package sent
                      4/16/2019 Tuesday. Package received by USCIS
                      5/10/2019 Friday. NOAs in mailbox
                      5/17/2019 Friday. BIO letter received. Original appointment 5/28/2019
                      5/20/2019 Monday. BIO walk in DONE
                      8/29/2019 Thursday RFIE issued (pay stubs for 6 months)
                      9/17/2019 RFIE response sent
                      9/19/2019 RFIE response received

Comment

Originally posted by AKDAGOAT View Post
                        thanks Totellthetruth . Did you also go through the AOS process? If so how long did it take you to get the GC and EAD?

Hi

You're very welcome. No I didnt do for myself but just help friends to file theirs . A.O.S - Adjustment of Status filings differs according to every each person and can be tricky .also according to your entry status and previous visa status and stuff like that , like someone with F-1 visa , B1/B2 visa ,H1B visa , J visa or ESTA ( usually not safe ) any other visas would make great differences so USCIS moves according to all these facts and everything is all based on CASE BY CASE principle so that one should not expect to be same situation with another person EVEN if they have the same nationalies .

So here how AOS process works :

Lets say someone entered to U.S with a valid visa like B1/B2 or F-1 or similar visa and applied for AOS :

After mailing the I-485 Package to Chicago or the area where they were supposed to mail theirs and if they did the filling and fees correctly they would receive the NOA -Notice of Actions of each application as I-797 and that is for the AOS petition to be approved and that changes according to applications like I-797A for a replacement of 1-94 or I-797B for EAD or I-797C for a payment mistakes and rejections and so on ,so every NOA I-769 following letters A B C and so on got its own purposes.

in filing AOS most important thing is the I-130 the petition for alien relative and I-485 itself ..The I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance parole can be filled with that I-485 AOS package or it can be filled in later dates. that is all up to the applicant .
                        Because in marriage cases most important thing is the approval of I-130 and in some case USCIS may approve the I-130 and deny the I-485
                        or in some case USCIS may deny both I-130 and I -485 both and that would not be very good scene .

So after the AOS application is filled concurrently and confirmed by USCIS you would receive the NOAs one by one and among those the first NOA would come by mail as saying your application for AOS is approved that is for I-797 itself ( not the Green Card ) if the applicaton is not filled correctly and fees are missing than USCIS would send the application package back to the applicant and they would do that UNTIL they receive the correct filing and fees ;otherwise the application would be sent back to applicant and it would take forever
                        so thats why some applicants prefers to hire a lawyer and get done with it without a mistake .

After filing the I-485 AOS you would receive more NOAs showing the NOA for EAD and NOA for Biometrics and that follow another I-797 for the interview .NOA to appear before a USCIS Adjuducator.

Most applicants are not aware of that all USCIS applications are already Pre-examed and USCIS is already aware of the applicants status, situations, truth ,lies and all that stuff and ready with a pre-decision ,but still they would do their interview to hear and record it all to come to a conclusion with a decision of such case on that day or on a later date.by mail.

USCIS is very very strict and they always move as CASE BY CASE so one applicant must not think or expect that their case will be similar or even close to the other applicants case.

If the applicants marriage is legal and application fillings are correct and all the documents and fees are complete than most of the time the USCIS Adjudicator would come with an approval on the spot and that would make everything complete and the applicant would receive their RC in the mail within few weeks

in some cases if USCIS would find the marriage as fraudulent than they DENY the whole case .

EAD card is completed upon an interview by USCIS and most of the time EADs are issued to aliens who are asking for a permit to work and these EAD cards can be EAD/AP combo or can be only EAD and no AP allowed . if a petitioner doesn't have a good tax fliings than if USCIS still issue an EAD card for the beneficiary ,he./ she would receive this EAD card and it s valid for one year. during this one year it would always be good and must for the applicant to work and pay taxes so at the end of the year USCIS would come up with a good decision and approve the RC for the alien ..if an applicant receives and EAD card and do not work than its very possible that USCIS would deny the applicants application so its always good to start working aso soon as an EAD card is issued ,so that if the petitioner is not able to come up with previous year taxes and place the applicant the 125 % bellow the poverty line.so in such case if the new alien is working and paying taxes than USCIS would only concern about their taxes.

BASICALLY , IF YOU PAY TAXES YOU ARE A GREEN CARD HOLDER and IF YOU PAY TAXES YOU ARE A U.S CITIZEN so all these struggles and stories and its results are based on TAX purposes and nothing else ! you pay TAXES ? you are the resident and the citizen ..
                        naturally ,because its the duty of everyone to pay TAXES otherwise why be in another country and ask permission to live there ?

in some case they would find the marriage legal but the documents would be not acceptable and in that case the USCIS Adjudicator would say they he/she will inform the applicant of their decision by mail .
                        if USCIS find the marriage legal and can not come up with a decision and inform the applicant by mail ,sometime they mail NOA for RFE -request for Evidence , asking the applicant to come up with an evidence or evidences before a due date, if applicant would not respond to RFE on time the USCIS would deny the whole case..
                        if the RFE is filled correctly than USCIS would inform the applicant of their decision by mail ,if accepted and approved they applicant would receive a decision in the mail ,
                        if denied, the major reason would be the TAX FILINGS or some other reasons and in such cases they would deny the AOS application as "PUBLIC CHARGE "
                        if denied the applicant may file for MTR Motion to Reopen or file for another AOS application ( if the USCIS allows it )
                        in such cases some applicants would hire a lawyer for a better and stronger case.

So its very hard to think with what kind of decision USCIS would come up with and for that reason its almost impossible to compare one applicants case with another one and every applicant must think and expect their own case and its results according to their own status and never compare with other cases.

Finally , As a general rule any alien who appears for an interview before a USCIS Adjudicator in connection with an application or petition seeking benefits under the act shall not be arrested during the course of interview ,even though the ailen may be in the U.S illegally.

Good Luck

Last edited by Totellthetruth; 04-21-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Totellthetruth you wrote I-769 and I think you meant I-797
                          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                          ---
                          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Totellthetruth thanks for your very helpful feedback. I am sure it is greatly appreciated by everyone in this group including myself and also others that may browse through our forum Great info

Comment

Originally posted by DJarrett04 View Post
                              Hi all, see below for myself. I had to re-send documents as last year I had them returned for a missing signature, only for the whole bunch of documents to go missing in the mail. After waiting and waiting, we opted to re-fill out and send again with a covering letter under advice from the congressman's office.

Tues. 04/09 - Sent AOS via UPS to Chicago - I485, I130, I130A, I765, I864
                              Thurs. 04/11 - Package received at Chicago

Will keep updating as I receive updates.
                              mine's

To keep on track, here's my updated timeline:
                              (Anaheim, CA)

I'm on a B1/B2 visa filing concurrently for Adjustment of Status,
                              married to a US Citizen.

Filed: (i-485 , i-130 , i-765, i-131) + (i-130A , i-864 , i-864A)

FedEx package sent on 10 April 2019 (overnight)
                              FedEx delivered overnight: 11 April 2019 (received by 10:00 am)

** no updates as of today 19 April 2019, 11:00 am **

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X