Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2019 Filers - AOS - Green Card here we come :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To keep on track, here's my updated timeline:
    (Anaheim, CA)

I'm on a B1/B2 visa filing concurrently for Adjustment of Status,
    married to a US Citizen.

Filed: (i-485 , i-130 , i-765, i-131) + (i-130A , i-864 , i-864A)

FedEx package sent on 10 April 2019 (overnight)
    FedEx delivered overnight: 11 April 2019 (received by 10:00 am)

** no updates as of today 19 April 2019, 11:00 am **

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update and let you know i rec'd my biometric letter. See my timeline below

USCIS Chicago lockbox facility rec'd package on 3/21/19 - i485, 765, 130, 140
      My documents were transferred to NBC
      Rec'd text msgs with receipt #'s - 4/10/19
      Rec'd Mail from USCIS - 4/16/19
      Biometrics letter rec'd - 4/19/19
      biometric appointment - 4/29/19

Comment

Thank you everyone for their updates and info! This is helpful. I will post updates of our process too.

4/15/19 - package received at Chicago lockbox
        4/18/19 - my credit card was charged (but still no notification from them, at least I know it's in the process)

Comment

Hey guys,

Yesterday my package was received by USCIS. I have a flight on May 3, do you think I'll receive a receipt letter until that time?

My visa expired, so I need a receipt number from USCIS to travel safely. Can I use e-notification as a proof of my application?

Comment

seattlefiller19 it is possible you may so just keep your fingers crossed. It all depends on the uscis and how fast they are moving along with where you sent your application.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
              Totellthetruth you wrote I-769 and I think you meant I-797
              Thanks ,sorry I mixed up the numbers .it should be I-797 .

Comment

Originally posted by AKDAGOAT View Post
                Totellthetruth thanks for your very helpful feedback. I am sure it is greatly appreciated by everyone in this group including myself and also others that may browse through our forum Great info
                You are very welcome !

Comment

Also an April filer!! I'm a Belgian citizen and I'm married to an American. I entered the country on an ESTA in January and we decided I should stay so I started with the paperwork. I did all of it by myself, no lawyer, so hopefully that does not turn out to be a mistake.....

I sent my I-485 (together with I-864), I-130 (together with I-130a), I-765 and the I-131. Everything mailed with FedEx on April 8th. I requested a signature so I knew exactly when they received everything. Got text confirmations and case# from USCIS on April 16th and confirmation letters a few days later! They took the credit card payments on the 10th I believe.

So far everything is going smoothly Just waiting for biometrics now.
                  Hey, how do you know what office your case is being transferred to?
                  Last edited by robec; 04-21-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thet View Post
                    Hello, we just mailed our application last week. It was delivered to the lockbox on Monday but we haven't gotten any communication on if they received it. Did you get any notification that it was received that week that it was deliver? Or nothing until 4/10/19? Thanks for your comment
                    Hi

If you sent your package using an Express USPS mail :

1- Register your email or phone number to USPS to get tracking notices so when you do that each time you dont have to type your USPS tracking number just to check it status .it ll just send you email or text notices about your mail and its location all the way to its delivery place and you receive a final notice that your mail is RECEIVED AND SIGNED BY the USCIS .

So once again , if you register your email or your phone number to USPS to receive tracking mails or texts , than as your package travels you receive email notices to your email or to your phone that your mail is on its way and going thru places and when it is DELIVERED AND SIGNED by USCIS employee and ( usually the employee named MERCADO signs it ) in Chicago than it is safe and you dont need to worry about a text message or anything like that from USCIS but you will receive NOA in the mail which would be from 1 week to 2 - 3 .

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by robec View Post
                      Also an April filer!! I'm a Belgian citizen and I'm married to an American. i entered the country on an ESTA in January and we decided I should stay so I started with the paperwork. I did all of it by myself, no lawyer, so hopefully that does not turn out to be a mistake.....

I sent my I-485 (together with I-864), I-130 (together with I-130a), I-765 and the I-131. Everything mailed with FedEx on April 8th. I requested a signature so I knew exactly when they received everything. Got text confirmations and case# on April 16th and confirmation letters a few days later! They took the credit card payments on the 10th I believe.

So far everything is going smoothly Just waiting for biometrics now.
                      Hey, how do you know what office your case is being transferred to?
                      Hi

Your case will be handled by nearest USCIS branch in the state and city where you live . As far as everything going smoothly is about mailing and receiving purposes ONLY

BUT :

When it comes to USCIS interviews it s not always as smooth as people expect it to be , especially you marrying using ESTA ( no visa ) to enter the country and marry to a citizen . THAT most of the time is a problem and USCIS may deny your application ,not always but ESTA is not a visa so USCIS is very picky on people who are marrying using ESTA .
                      so you just have to wait and see .you ll probably receive notices of application and a biometric appointment and possibly an EAD/AP combo card or just an
                      EAD card or nothing , noone knows which one or maybe none of that ,noone would know but only USCIS

So major thing is the interview and USCIS will be stricky on you because you got married on ESTA for that you and your U.S citizen spouse should get ready for questioning. you must pass the I-130 and also I-485 .read my previous comment please.. sometimes they approve the marriage and deny the AOS or they deny both. so as always it is CASE BY CASE process ..
                      it can be hard or very hard or not that hard but not simple and it wont be as smooth as mailing stuff ! USUALLLY at the end of the year they deny it ,especially if taxes by the U.S citizen spouse are not proper.

Just remember that please.............

Good Luck
                      Last edited by Totellthetruth; 04-21-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Totellthetruth View Post

Hi

Your case will be handled by nearest USCIS branch in the state and city where you live . As far as everything going smoothly is about mailing and receiving purposes ONLY
                        I perfectly realize that mailing my documents is not the same as getting an approval.

BUT :

When it comes to USCIS interviews it s not always as smooth as people expect it to be , especially you marrying using ESTA ( no visa ) to enter the country and marry to a citizen . THAT most of the time is a problem and USCIS may deny your application ,not always but ESTA is not a visa so USCIS is very picky on people who are marrying using ESTA .
                        so you just have to wait and see .you ll probably receive notices of application and a biometric appointment and possibly an EAD/AP combo card or just an
                        EAD card or nothing , noone knows which one or maybe none of that ,noone would know but only USCIS
                        I'm sorry but that is not correct. The USCIS has recently adjusted their view on entering on an ESTA and requesting a AOS. These are deemed just as legal as any other AOS and are not viewed upon negatively, especially not if you are the spouse of a USC. I did not get married on ESTA.... I've been married for about a year now.

So major thing is the interview and USCIS will be stricky on you because you got married on ESTA for that you and your U.S citizen spouse should get ready for questioning. you must pass the I-130 and also I-485 .read my previous comment please.. sometimes they approve the marriage and deny the AOS or they deny both. so as always it is CASE BY CASE process ..
                        it can be hard or very hard or not that hard but not simple and it wont be as smooth as mailing stuff ! USUALLLY at the end of the year they deny it ,especially if taxes by the U.S citizen spouse are not proper.

Just remember that please.............

Good Luck
                        I have done my research and I do know what I'm doing. I have never heard of them usually denying application just simply because it is the end of the year. Even if you haven't filed your taxes yet and have asked for an extension they still approve on cases.

Comment

Just got the texts a little bit ago. Looking for the mailed response in a few days!

4/15/19 - package received at Chicago lockbox
                          4/18/19 - my credit card was charged
                          4/21/19 - Text messages received

Comment

Originally posted by robec View Post

I perfectly realize that mailing my documents is not the same as getting an approval.

I'm sorry but that is not correct. The USCIS has recently adjusted their view on entering on an ESTA and requesting a AOS. These are deemed just as legal as any other AOS and are not viewed upon negatively, especially not if you are the spouse of a USC. I did not get married on ESTA.... I've been married for about a year now.

I have done my research and I do know what I'm doing. I have never heard of them usually denying application just simply because it is the end of the year. Even if you haven't filed your taxes yet and have asked for an extension they still approve on cases.
                            Hi

you have the van damme attitude ( I made some of his work so I know him very well )
                            I never said they will deny anyone or your case but there is always a risk of a denial for ESTA applicants.
                            if you know what you are doing than you dont need to ask questions. you are not from this country so there is no need for you to get upset or
                            be cocky but learn from us.

you did not marry on ESTA ?
                            if m not mistaken you said "Also an April filer!! I'm a Belgian citizen and I'm married to an American. I entered the country on an ESTA in January and we decided I should stay so I started with the paperwork. I did all of it by myself, no lawyer, so hopefully that does not turn out to be a mistake.....

ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is a visa waiver program that allows citizens of certain countries to travel to the U.S. for business or pleasure without obtaining a visa stamp first. This system is very useful in many ways, but one of its limitations is that one entered with ESTA cannot change his/her status to another visa category, or adjust his/her status to a permanent resident. However, there is an exception for immediate family members (parent, spouse, or child) of a U.S. citizen. Does this mean you can just enter the U.S. with ESTA and apply for green card if you are an immediate family member of a U.S. citizen? Not quite!

You still need to have a non-immigrant intent when you enter the U.S. Otherwise, you will be charged with visa fraud, because you said you would return to your country when you entered the U.S., but your real intention was to apply for a green card during your stay under ESTA. This is a violation of immigration law, and you may be subjected to deportation and criminal penalty. Then, how do people apply for green card while they are under ESTA?

The rule that you can adjust your status to a permanent resident is for people who encounter some unexpected events during the stay under ESTA, which made them change their minds from going back to their country to applying for a green card. One example would be (this actually happened to one of my clients) that a girlfriend entered the U.S. under ESTA to visit her U.S. citizen boyfriend. She intended to go back to her home country after the short visit, but while she was in the U.S., the boyfriend proposed to her. They decided to get married right away, and it made more sense for her to remain in the U.S. with her then husband. In this case, the key point was that she intended to go back to her home country when she entered the U.S., but for some unexpected reason, she changed her mind.Changing one
                            Last edited by Totellthetruth; 04-23-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Hi

you have the van damme attitude ( I made some of his work so I know him very well )
                              I never said they will deny anyone or your case but there is always a risk of a denial for ESTA applicants.
                              if you know what you are doing than you dont need to ask questions. you are not from this country so there is no need for you to get upset or
                              be cocky but learn from us.

you did not marry on ESTA ?
                              if m not mistaken you said "Also an April filer!! I'm a Belgian citizen and I'm married to an American. I entered the country on an ESTA in January and we decided I should stay so I started with the paperwork. I did all of it by myself, no lawyer, so hopefully that does not turn out to be a mistake.....

ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is a visa waiver program that allows citizens of certain countries to travel to the U.S. for business or pleasure without obtaining a visa stamp first. This system is very useful in many ways, but one of its limitations is that one entered with ESTA cannot change his/her status to another visa category, or adjust his/her status to a permanent resident. However, there is an exception for immediate family members (parent, spouse, or child) of a U.S. citizen. Does this mean you can just enter the U.S. with ESTA and apply for green card if you are an immediate family member of a U.S. citizen? Not quite!

You still need to have a non-immigrant intent when you enter the U.S. Otherwise, you will be charged with visa fraud, because you said you would return to your country when you entered the U.S., but your real intention was to apply for a green card during your stay under ESTA. This is a violation of immigration law, and you may be subjected to deportation and criminal penalty. Then, how do people apply for green card while they are under ESTA?

The rule that you can adjust your status to a permanent resident is for people who encounter some unexpected events during the stay under ESTA, which made them change their minds from going back to their country to applying for a green card. One example would be (this actually happened to one of my clients) that a girlfriend entered the U.S. under ESTA to visit her U.S. citizen boyfriend. She intended to go back to her home country after the short visit, but while she was in the U.S., the boyfriend proposed to her. They decided to get married right away, and it made more sense for her to remain in the U.S. with her then husband. In this case, the key point was that she intended to go back to her home country when she entered the U.S., but for some unexpected reason, she changed her mind.Changing one
                              OMG what an attitude! Seriously, is there an admin on this forum? "Learn" from you huh?? "van damme" attitude? Cocky? I did not ask any questions about ESTA and just because 'I am not from this country' that does not mean I have not done my research. You are rude and condescending and not just to me. How would you know what my intent was when I arrived in January? Why are you talking to me about 'visa fraud'?? And indeed, I DID NOT GET MARRIED ON ESTA. You even quoted me on saying I entered the country on an ESTA. You don't know when or where I got married.
                              Last edited by robec; 04-23-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Hi!

I'm also an April flier. The AOS delivered on April 5 at Chicago lockbox. I haven't receive a text until now. I'm so anxious now if they receive it or not. We don't know what to do.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X