Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-765 first time under different category - is old EAD still required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hpx3000
    replied
    Originally posted by buffalo434 View Post

Thanks for the reply. Which document are you referring to?

"Page 2 Q15" on I-797 Form is
    Ah, must have changed the questions on the new form. On my version (expired 02/28/2018) it says "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" To which I replied yes and included my old EAD that I had obtained for OPT.

Leave a comment:

• buffalo434
    replied
    Originally posted by hpx3000 View Post

Yes. Page 2 Q15.
    Thanks for the reply. Which document are you referring to?

"Page 2 Q15" on I-797 Form is

Consent for Disclosure: I authorize disclosure of information from this application to the SSA as required for the purpose of assigning me an SSN and issuing me a Social Security card.

Leave a comment:

• hpx3000
    replied
    Originally posted by buffalo434 View Post
    Hi,

For someone who previously held EAD under c-5 category (as J-2), should a copy of this old EAD be included in a new, first-time application from a different category (c-9, as a part of I-485)?

Also, when filling the I-765, I believe we should check Initial EAD since this is the first time we're applying in c-9 category.
    Yes. Page 2 Q15.

Leave a comment:

• I-765 first time under different category - is old EAD still required?

Hi,

For someone who previously held EAD under c-5 category (as J-2), should a copy of this old EAD be included in a new, first-time application from a different category (c-9, as a part of I-485)?

Also, when filling the I-765, I believe we should check Initial EAD since this is the first time we're applying in c-9 category.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X