Southern California Field Office First Quarter 2019 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travellingbeauty View Post

I am marring an USC on August 23rd 2019. I was researching about the filing process and came across this forum. My fiance libes in Newark, CA. I will have to start my I-485. Any tips and comments for me?? We are also thinking of doing it through an attorney. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
    Congratulations on your wedding! We used an attorney as well. My only advice is to be patient! This process is quite slow but it does work. We live in Southern California also. You can see our timeline below. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthBay2019 View Post

Congratulations on your wedding! We used an attorney as well. My only advice is to be patient! This process is quite slow but it does work. We live in Southern California also. You can see our timeline below. All the best.
      thank you southbay2019. Everything went well. It all seems like a dream to me still.

I am searching for an attorney in the south bay area and I am hoping that you would give ma any suggestions regarding the attorneys. How to start about searching for an attorney? if you dont mind me asking, who is your attorney? do you like your immigration attorney? or would you recommend/suggest we go with someone else? how much does it usually cost to go with an atttorney?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingbeauty View Post

thank you southbay2019. Everything went well. It all seems like a dream to me still.

I am searching for an attorney in the south bay area and I am hoping that you would give ma any suggestions regarding the attorneys. How to start about searching for an attorney? if you dont mind me asking, who is your attorney? do you like your immigration attorney? or would you recommend/suggest we go with someone else? how much does it usually cost to go with an atttorney?

Thanks a lot.
        We spoke with a few attorneys in S. California and did not feel comfortable with any of them for my wife's case (she moved to LA with me from Europe using ESTA Visa Waiver). We ended up using an attorney out of Miami who was recommended to us thru a family friend. We like her but she is quite expensive. I am sure you can find good attorneys here in southern California. The local Southern California attorneys we spoke with were all found by Googling them. I can not even remember their names! I recommend you speak with at least 2 or 3 to make sure which one you are comfortable with.

Comment

We spoke with a few attorneys in S. California and did not feel comfortable with any of them for my wife's case (she moved to LA with me from Europe using ESTA Visa Waiver). We ended up using an attorney out of Miami who was recommended to us thru a family friend. We like her but she is quite expensive. I am sure you can find good attorneys here in southern California. The local Southern California attorneys we spoke with were all found by Googling them. I can not even remember their names! I recommend you speak with at least 2 or 3 to make sure which one you are comfortable with.
          southbay2019 Thank you for the response and suggestions. I am working on it right now.

Comment

Received a notification late last night that the EAD card is in production. I had filed a service request through my lawyer for the EAD since it was past the processing time, but it never updated (still shows as not assigned to office). I'm assuming I'll get a combo card even though the I-131 status did not update. I guess we'll see once I get the actual card in a few days. Timeline updated below.
            AOS EB-3 Employment Based
            3/18/19 Filed I-485/I-765/I-131
            3/19/19 Received by USCIS
            5/3/19 USCIS sent receipt NOAs for I-485/I-765/I-131
            5/9/19 NOAs in hand
            5/10/10 Biometrics notice in hand
            5/22/19 Biometrics completed
            5/23/19 Fingerprint Review complete
            8/20/19 Case ready to be scheduled for an interview
            9/4/19 I-765 Card in Production
            9/12/19 EAD Card in hand
            10/22/19 Received Interview Scheduled Notification
            11/27/19 Interview Date (Santa Ana) - Approved, Card in Production.

Comment

Originally posted by mecurial7 View Post
              Received a notification late last night that the EAD card is in production. I had filed a service request through my lawyer for the EAD since it was past the processing time, but it never updated (still shows as not assigned to office). I'm assuming I'll get a combo card even though the I-131 status did not update. I guess we'll see once I get the actual card in a few days. Timeline updated below.
              Congrats. You will see a tracking number on case tracker site in a few days. In our case, I-131 did not update until a few days later when it showed approved.

Comment

Forgot to update this thread, but I received the "Interview Scheduled" notice three days ago. Still waiting for the interview letter to arrive. Will update again once I get the actual letter with the date for the interview.
                5/9/19 NOAs in hand
                9/12/19 EAD Card in hand

Comment

Originally posted by mecurial7 View Post
                  Forgot to update this thread, but I received the "Interview Scheduled" notice three days ago. Still waiting for the interview letter to arrive. Will update again once I get the actual letter with the date for the interview.
                  mecurial7 Congratulations. That is great news. Our interview got scheduled for 11/19 in Los Angeles. I will post an update once we are past that.

Comment

mecurial7 Congratulations. That is great news. Our interview got scheduled for 11/19 in Los Angeles. I will post an update once we are past that.
                    Thanks and best of luck on your interview!
                    5/9/19 NOAs in hand
                    9/12/19 EAD Card in hand

Comment

Got my interview letter today. Interview will be 11/27 at the Santa Ana field office.
                      5/9/19 NOAs in hand
                      9/12/19 EAD Card in hand

Comment

Interview went well and I was approved on the spot. I posted about my interview experience in the March filers thread: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/adjus...-filers/page22
                        5/9/19 NOAs in hand
                        9/12/19 EAD Card in hand

Comment

mecurial7 Huge congratulations!. I am very happy for you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X