Current immigration status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current immigration status?

Quick question.... if you entered the US on a tourist visa and then decided to stay and apply for Adjustment of Status, what would you current immigration status be? I've been looking online but it's not easy to find.
    One website writes that if your tourist visa status has ended that even though you are legally allowed to stay because of the Adjustment of Status application, your current status when asked would be 'No Lawful Status'. Would this be correct?

Originally posted by robec View Post
    Quick question.... if you entered the US on a tourist visa and then decided to stay and apply for Adjustment of Status, what would you current immigration status be? I've been looking online but it's not easy to find.
    One website writes that if your tourist visa status has ended that even though you are legally allowed to stay because of the Adjustment of Status application, your current status when asked would be 'No Lawful Status'. Would this be correct?
    Hi Robec, If your tourist visa and I/94 has expired then the status is “out of status “ or “no lawful status” like you said but with Your AOS pending then that’s your status “AOS pending “ Wishing you all the best! Your status right now is “AOS pending”
    Last edited by love21_; 08-17-2019, 02:40 PM.
    USC Spouse, Dallas field office
    01/22/19 Priority date(I-130)
    02/16/19 Sent priority mail to USCIS (I-485 & I-765)
    02/22/19 Got delivered to USCIS
    02/26/19 credit card charged and got 2 NoA texts
    03/02/19 NOA mail received
    03/09/19Biometrics appointment notice for March 20
    03/14/19 rfie response sent
    03/15/19 USCIS receives rfie response
    03/25/19 I-693 courtesy letter
    05/14/19 Ready to be scheduled for an interview
    08/31/19 ead card delivered
    11/04/19 I-485 interview scheduled

Comment

Originally posted by love21_ View Post

Hi Robec, If your tourist visa and I/94 has expired then the status is “out of status “ or “no lawful status” like you said but with Your AOS pending then that’s your status “AOS pending “ Wishing you all the best! Your status right now is “AOS pending”
      Thank you!! 'AOS Pending' sounds sooooo much better than 'no lawful status'

Comment

Hi Robec,

The status is AOS pending. If it is not too late, make sure to go to the web site and print the last copy of your I-94 which shows your last arrival date in US port of entry. For some reason after a while you can no longer see your last I-94 online. My wife came here as a tourist visa (ESTA) and we are going thru a similar process now. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthBay2019 View Post
          Hi Robec,

The status is AOS pending. If it is not too late, make sure to go to the web site and print the last copy of your I-94 which shows your last arrival date in US port of entry. For some reason after a while you can no longer see your last I-94 online. My wife came here as a tourist visa (ESTA) and we are going thru a similar process now. All the best.
          From the I94 website:
          What information can I obtain from the website?

The I-94 website allows you to apply for a new (provisional) I-94 form, and provides you with your most recent I-94 admission record and a limited travel history. The new I-94 you apply for online is provisional because final steps need to be taken at the port of entry to complete the I-94 application process. The most recent I-94 admission record can be printed and used as evidence of a lawful admission. The website will provide arrival and departure date information for a passport number for the past five years. Travel history will only be provided for the passport number entered for the search.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by robec View Post
            When asked by whom?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Authorized stay.
              AOS C9, Houston TX

PD: 08/01
              Fingerprinted: 08/17
              RFIE sent: 11/07
              Responsed to RFIE received: 12/04
              Request for expedition on I765: 12/07
              Evidence faxed: 12/10

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X