AOS - Green Card Through Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS - Green Card Through Marriage

Hi everyone, today I received my green card and I wanted to share my experience. It was a rocky journey but if you did everything right, you should not encounter any issues. Trust the process!!

Background:

Citizenship: Chinese
    Application date/district: January 2019 - Sacramento, CA
    Previous Status: F-1 Visa and was in the US already on an OPT
    Eligibility: Married a US citizen

I-485

01/25/2019
    - Receipt notice received.

02/11/2019
    - Biometrics taken.

06/17/2019
    - Requested for evidence (Birth Certificate) - Submitted a week later.

09/27/2019
    - Interview notice received.

11/01/2019
    - Interview - Officer wanted to do a background check before granting green card.

11/08/2019
    - Green Card RECEIVED!!!

The whole process took 9 and half months. I received my EAD card in mid-October, they had some issues with my application so I had to call USCIS many many times and contact my local Congressman to force them to their job and fix the problem. Due to the delay of my work permit, I had to quit my job for 6 months and it was miserable. As the system is extremely backlogged, make sure to call to check that everything is running smoothly. If the customer rep cannot give you an answer, you can request a tier 2 rep to look over your case at any time during your call. Tier 2 reps are actual employees of USCIS and have more access and authority to make things happen.

I hope this was helpful as myself came to this site often while I was waiting for a response on my case. It is completely normal to feel anxious and frustrated especially if you have a job lined up. I had to take measures to speed up the process as the delay was ridiculous. Your best bet is to contact your local congressman and explain your situation. I had to hire an attorney when I filed my application, trust me this will save you money and time in the long run if you have no idea what to do. I wish you all good luck!!

Congratulations!

I’m so sorry that you lost your job because of the delay of your EAD approval. I do hope that you can get your old job back or get a new one now that you have your GC. Wishing you the best of luck!
    Last edited by hopefulandhappy; 11-09-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Aye ???????????? congrats to you. I like hearing good news. All the best
      Marriage AOS (from tourist visa)
      Received Nov 4th& Priority Date also Nov 4th
      I130 i485 & work permit (did not apply for travel documents )

Nov 15 received 2 hard copies for NOA
      Nov 22 Received biometrics appointment Notice
      Biometrics done, Dec 2nd.

Jan 6 2020 courtesy letter for missing medical (dated Dec 31 2019, mailed Jan 2nd 2020)
      Ready to be scheduled for interview (Jan 31st 2020)

“Nothing can stop Gods plan for your life” Isaiah 14:27

Comment

Originally posted by Ciao8075 View Post
        Hi everyone, today I received my green card and I wanted to share my experience. It was a rocky journey but if you did everything right, you should not encounter any issues. Trust the process!!

Background:

Citizenship: Chinese
        Application date/district: January 2019 - Sacramento, CA
        Previous Status: F-1 Visa and was in the US already on an OPT
        Eligibility: Married a US citizen

I-485

01/25/2019
        - Receipt notice received.

02/11/2019
        - Biometrics taken.

06/17/2019
        - Requested for evidence (Birth Certificate) - Submitted a week later.

09/27/2019
        - Interview notice received.

11/01/2019
        - Interview - Officer wanted to do a background check before granting green card.

11/08/2019
        - Green Card RECEIVED!!!

The whole process took 9 and half months. I received my EAD card in mid-October, they had some issues with my application so I had to call USCIS many many times and contact my local Congressman to force them to their job and fix the problem. Due to the delay of my work permit, I had to quit my job for 6 months and it was miserable. As the system is extremely backlogged, make sure to call to check that everything is running smoothly. If the customer rep cannot give you an answer, you can request a tier 2 rep to look over your case at any time during your call. Tier 2 reps are actual employees of USCIS and have more access and authority to make things happen.

I hope this was helpful as myself came to this site often while I was waiting for a response on my case. It is completely normal to feel anxious and frustrated especially if you have a job lined up. I had to take measures to speed up the process as the delay was ridiculous. Your best bet is to contact your local congressman and explain your situation. I had to hire an attorney when I filed my application, trust me this will save you money and time in the long run if you have no idea what to do. I wish you all good luck!!

I see we in same office..... How long between receiving notice for ready to schedule interview and actual interview and did you get EAD before or after getting GC? Thanks
        Sacramento, CA
        11/22/19 Package sent I 485, [Chicago LockBox). I 130 already filed August 1st( August 8th Priority date)
        11/29/19 Card ran by USCIS for $1225
        12/13/19 Notice for Biomterics appt.
        12/23/19 Biometrics
        1/31/2020 Yellow RFIE in mail(missing Birth certificate)
        2/5/2020 RFIE received at USCIS
        2/14/20 Received I 693 courtesy letter
        2/14/20 ready to be scheduled intervw
        08/31/20 EAD /SSC
        09/03/21 Notice for biometrics appointment I 130 USC
        10/04/21 Case actively being reviewed

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...