Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Chance do i get 10 years card instead of 2 years green card

Hello guys,

i applied I-485 with my wife in Sep 26th 2018, i we have an interview next month, during 15 months after i applied i didnt get the green card and it will be 18 months in our marriage, we got married in June 2018, i heard like some of the people who gets their green card after 16-17-19-20-24 months later after they got married, they got 10 years green card instead of 2 years one, does anybody know is there any chance do i get 10 years one instead of 2 years card? Anybody know?

It will be the 19th month after we got married

thank you!

Got Married June 25th 2018
    Applied I-130 and I-485 together Sep 26th 2018
    I-130 Approved Nov 15th 2019
    Interview Jan 10th 2020
    Last edited by themachinist; 12-05-2019, 03:39 PM.

Yes, if the AOS approval occurs after you have been married for 2 years, you will become a non-conditional permanent resident. But you have no control over the timing of the approval.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Yes, if the AOS approval occurs after you have been married for 2 years, you will become a non-conditional permanent resident. But you have no control over the timing of the approval.
      Do you think is it a small chance or i just get it? Because i saw some of the topics in the forum and some of the people who was married less than 2 years but close to 2 years they got 10 years one

thank you for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by themachinist View Post

Do you think is it a small chance or i just get it? Because i saw some of the topics in the forum and some of the people who was married less than 2 years but close to 2 years they got 10 years one

thank you for your help!
        Not possible unless the green card is issued in error. Think about it if they can issue a 10 year green card before 2 years of marriage whats to stop them from issuing a 2 year green card when the marriage is slightly over 2 years.

Anyway the law is clear if you are married less than 2 years you get a conditional green card and if married more than 2 years there is no conditions.

Comment

I have read several posts and all cases when the approval is after 2 years get 10 year GC.
          All cases less than 2 years of marriage should get a conditional 2 year GC.

I read one report from someone that got a 10 year GC before the 2-year marriage and got in trouble when tried to get citizenship.

I think all errors from USCIS should be corrected and not only those that affect us.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I say just stick with the law. They might have issued the greencards by mistake.
            B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
            FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
            4/20/18 Received 4 letters
            5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
            5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
            9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
            9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
            9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
            9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
            9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
            2/17/19 Traveled abroad
            3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
            3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}