Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview after being stuck in background/name check for more than a year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview after being stuck in background/name check for more than a year?

I've seen where people have been stuck in the name check stage for months, and even years. But does anyone have a story of what happened after being stuck in that stage for more than a year/close to two years? It would be helpful to hear some positive experiences of how the process got going again after such a long delay...

Timeline
    PD: 02/2018
    Biometrics: 03/2018
    I-693 Courtesy Letter: 05/2018

With such a gap (~ 20 months) since there has been action on the I-485, will the case just be ready for an interview at some point or will it remain in a pile off to the side, without being remembered? Thanks, in advance, for any insight you can offer.

I’m stuck in background check also
    Applied in October 2018, had interview in July 2019 but a decision hasn’t been made yet because my background check is still pending.
    You’ll see a lot of threads on the same topic, but nobody posts a timeline or the result. Most people never come back to post how long it took or what happened to their case.
    I promise I will

Comment

Our receipt date is October 2017.
      Our status is still Case Received. Still waiting for an interview.

Actions taken:
      1. More service requests than I can remember.
      2. Two congressional inquiries, one in progress and one where the USCIS response was some bullshit form letter stating they have to take whatever time they need to ensure the security of the country. Note that we are not from any nation that was ever in conflict with the US. I’m a dual citizen with both Thai and US passports.
      3. No RFE’s were ever issued.
      4. Attempts by our attorney to call into the Chicago field office have been shutdown.

We are basically in Immigration purgatory. It’s so bad I actively avoid reading posts by people who got interviewed after a few months or got green cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria L View Post
        Applied in October 2018, had interview in July 2019 but a decision hasn’t been made yet because my background check is still pending.
        You’ll see a lot of threads on the same topic, but nobody posts a timeline or the result. Most people never come back to post how long it took or what happened to their case.
        I promise I will
        I recall exactly one other post where someone was waiting for an interview since 2016. I replied asking them what actions they had taken but never got a response.

Comment

I am stucked for over one year , precisely 22 months with no response. I took the interview but they promised to mail back response which I never received till today. My only hope is because I am able to work . it sucks and sometimes lower morale.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria L View Post
            I promise I will
            My interview was in July and still stuck

Comment

Originally posted by pyx View Post
              I am stucked for over one year , precisely 22 months with no response. I took the interview but they promised to mail back response which I never received till today. My only hope is because I am able to work . it sucks and sometimes lower morale.
              Your interview was July 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by Poramin View Post

Your interview was July 2019?
                Yes

Comment

Hi everyone! Checking in to see if any of you have had any progress...hoping for some encouraging news.

Comment

How do you know your background check is pending?

Comment

Originally posted by dvp858 View Post
                      How do you know your background check is pending?
                      You can’t be a 100% sure, but that was the response they provided when Senator inquired on our behalf. It’s strange though, because CSRs on phone day they don’t see any flags or anything on the file.

Does anyone know the correlation, if any, between getting the I-693 courtesy letter and the case being ready for interview?

Comment

how do you know you are stuck in background check?
                        Nashville, NBC
                        AOS concurrent filling marriage to USC
                        Sent USPS express mail on November 14th
                        Received November 15th
                        Received text notifications November 20th
                        Card charged November 20th
                        Received paper notifications November 29th
                        Biometrics done December 17th
                        No activity since then

Comment

Originally posted by Faith7 View Post

You can’t be a 100% sure, but that was the response they provided when Senator inquired on our behalf. It’s strange though, because CSRs on phone day they don’t see any flags or anything on the file.

Does anyone know the correlation, if any, between getting the I-693 courtesy letter and the case being ready for interview?
                          Well that might be my case then. I spoke to multiple people and put two service requests and the final decision is still pending review since last August. Nobody never said anything about pending background checks though, but who knows. I tried the congressman route as well, no response so far.

Comment

I m still stuck for 22 months No decision since July 2018. Always saying background check not completed.
                            i am getting frustrated everyday.

Comment

Had my interview in October 2018 and my status still remains at interview was schedule. I received a noid in november 2019 and responded to it in December 2019 still nothing and i pass my priority date already.
                              May 02, 18 - File all forms together
                              May 02, 18 - Finger print fees received
                              May 06, 18 - I-765 Return for missing signature and was mail back out same day
                              May 11, 18 - I-765 Received
                              May 18, 18 - RFIE
                              May 29, 18 - Both finger print done
                              June 5, 18 - RFIE Received
                              Sep 21, 18 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
                              Sep 21, 18 - Interview Was Scheduled
                              Oct 31, 18 - Interview complete
                              Jan 18, 19 - EAD New Card Is Being Produced
                              Jan 25, 19 - EAD Received in hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X