Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss my i-485 interview and didn’t got anynotice letter

Hello everyone,

6 months ago I applied for the i-485 adjustment of status and yesterday (jan 14) i found a notification online saying that i “Case Was Updated To Show That No One Appeared for In-Person Processing”

I didn’t get any notice letter for my interview, and i was checking my mail everyday and im sure that I didn’t get anything

So next day i called the uscis and they told me to send a letter to the office of uccis in my city saying that t i miss my interview and I didn’t got any notice letter and i placed a request to talk to level 2 officer. I did that and i send the letter and also i sent the senator fax trying to help me for the rescheduling.

After couple of hours the level 2 officer called me and I explained to her every thing she said ok wait for their letter ... i kept asking her if they gonna deny my case or not ... she keep saying just wait for their reply.

Can anyone tell me what should i do and are they gonna deny my case or not ?

Thank you

I'm sorry this happened to you. Did you get any prior updates? Like ready to schedule an interview or interview scheduled?

I don't understand why they do not just send also an email/SMS when they send an important document, something like "We sent you your interview date, if you don't receive it in 15 days, please contact us to get a copy"

I hope they reschedule your interview. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

That is horrible. Do you have a lawyer? Hopefully it gets resolved soon.
      NBC
      Philadelphia, PA
      Applied for: AOS I-485,I-131 & I-765
      11/06/2019 Package Sent
      11/12/2019 USCIS recevied it
      11/22/2019 three 797 c received
      12/13/2019 Bio done
      12/14/2019 Status changed to Fingerprints completed
      01/16/2020 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
      01/31/2020 interview scheduled
      02/25/2020 combo card received
      03/11/2020 interview date. Approved on the spot and status changed to New card being produced.
      03/19 GC in hand

Comment

Sounds bad & sorry to hear this.
        but hate to say, they will likely deny your case first ...
        and will give you instructions what next steps ...
        F-1 Student married to US citizen, concurrent I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765,
        =========================================
        20-SEP-2018: PD (sent from Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
        2-OCT-2018: Change of Address AR-11 (moved to Virginia with wife)
        30-OCT-2018: Biometrics done
        30-JAN-2019: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
        15-FEB-2019: Case Was Approved (I-765 approval letter)
        23-FEB-2019: EAD in hand
        5-MAR-2019: SSN in hand

Comment

I had the same issue. I got an update that I didn’t not show up for the interview. I sent a letter to my local USCIS with the proofs that I didn’t get interview notification letter. On top of all these I went to my districts congressman who happened to be a Democrat! My interview was rescheduled within a few weeks. Make sure you take all the steps ASAP. This way they won’t have time to deny your case because you already covered it with all aspects. Also I applied online for ombudsman help too. I wouldn’t waste my money on lawyers at this point yet because there is no update on your case yet. I would wait for a letter and if it’s a denial letter yes then go for a lawyer. I was very worried too but within a few weeks I got my green card so hopefully that’s what will happen to you too!!!
          Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
          03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
          03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
          04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
          04/11- cheques cashed
          04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
          04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
          05/02- Biometrics walk-in
          08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
          08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
          08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
            I'm sorry this happened to you. Did you get any prior updates? Like ready to schedule an interview or interview scheduled?

I don't understand why they do not just send also an email/SMS when they send an important document, something like "We sent you your interview date, if you don't receive it in 15 days, please contact us to get a copy"

I hope they reschedule your interview. Good luck.
            i asked this very question (if they send text notifications) and someone said they do send texts and your case status online changes to “interview has been scheduled.” I really hope this is the case because missing your interview because of snail mail errors is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by givemeliberty View Post

i asked this very question (if they send text notifications) and someone said they do send texts and your case status online changes to “interview has been scheduled.” I really hope this is the case because missing your interview because of snail mail errors is horrible.
              We receive updates when the status changes but I guess that's because we have online accounts with egov and myuscis.
              I think form G-1145 only works for one text/email when they first process the forms.
              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
              ---
              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Something so weird happened !!
                i got an interview notice tow days ago
                the notice said that my interview for form i-751 is scheduled next month!!!!
                i applied for i 485 and they send me interview for i 751 which i never applied for
                I don’t know if this is a mistake from the local office
                and i dont know what should i do

Comment

Originally posted by Sega19911991 View Post
                  Something so weird happened !!
                  i got an interview notice tow days ago
                  the notice said that my interview for form i-751 is scheduled next month!!!!
                  i applied for i 485 and they send me interview for i 751 which i never applied for
                  I don’t know if this is a mistake from the local office
                  and i dont know what should i do
                  That's your interview notice! Don't miss it! I had a very similar case with yours and when I got my notification everything was wrong including my husband’s name, last name etc. As long as you have your name on it that’s enough! Good luck!!
                  04/11- cheques cashed

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

We receive updates when the status changes but I guess that's because we have online accounts with egov and myuscis.
                    I think form G-1145 only works for one text/email when they first process the forms.
                    Exactly. I have both account. G-1145 works only to a get notification with case number.
                    Last edited by NYC/She; 01-27-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC/She View Post

Exactly. I have both account. G-1145 works only to a get notification with case number.
                      It has nothing to do with having online account. I had online, phone everything. Once they miss out sending you the notification all steps are missed out as they all have chain reaction. No need to try to be superior over someone going through hardship.
                      04/11- cheques cashed

Comment

Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post

It has nothing to do with having online account. I had online, phone everything. Once they miss out sending you the notification all steps are missed out as they all have chain reaction. No need to try to be superior over someone going through hardship.
                        Not true. I just make an account for my husband dad.
                        He did not sent any g-1145 form! And all text coming to him without any problem. In that account you must active Yes, otherwise you have not active No. Also you can check a status manually every day. If it ‘s a other problem, can be.
                        Just a simple.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC/She View Post

Not true. I just make an account for my husband dad.
                          He did not sent any g-1145 form! And all text coming to him without any problem. In that account you must active Yes, otherwise you have not active No. Also you can check a status manually every day. If it ‘s a other problem, can be.
                          Just a simple.
                          Exactly!! It has OTHER problem. Uscis forgot to update our files so your comment has no help for OP’s issue. He is asking for help not asking us how we got our notifications.
                          04/11- cheques cashed

Comment

Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post

Exactly!! It has OTHER problem. Uscis forgot to update our files so your comment has no help for OP’s issue. He is asking for help not asking us how we got our notifications.
                            First off all mistakes happen. Second off all they going denied your Case if you missed you interview even it’s not your mistake, but world in not ending. You will have a 30 days to subbmit Appeal or Motion to reopen. Simply add cover letter, and explain them.
                            Go to USPS web and ad your Address for informed delivery if avaliable.
                            Keep calling and ask for Tier 2. Explain to IO won’t have any updates and mail. If you find a good IO, he might reschedule and fix it.
                            I make a screen shoot every week, like a proof I did not miss anything, and I am active. My address not available to make informed delivery- this is very good proof of someone can set up.
                            Your congressman can help you too.
                            Wishing you a good luck!
                            Last edited by NYC/She; 01-29-2020, 02:15 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X