6 passport photos needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 passport photos needed?

We are doing I 485, I 130, and I 765. They all require 2 passport photos. If we are doing it as a package, do we really need to do 6 or is 2 of the beneficiary okay? And also 2 of petitioner for I 130.

I know to do it correct should be worth the money, but saving an extra $60 would be nice if we do not have to send in the extra 4 photos.

Thanks in advance!

You need all 6. Just went through the same thing back in September. We only had sent it 2 & we had to go retake pictures to get all 6 done. Don’t do the same mistake we did. Our first set of passport pictures ended up being garbage because we needed more, that was a waste of money.
    9.25.19: I-765 & I-485 were received
    10.01.19: Fingerprint fee accepted
    11.01.19: Fingerprints were taken
    11.27.19: Interview was schedule for I-485
    01.08.20: Attended interview
    01.09.20: Request for additional evidence sent for I-485
    01.10.20: New card is being processed for I-765
    01.13.20: I-765 was approved
    01.13.20: Received RFE for I-485
    01.13.20: Mailed out RFE
    01.14.20: Card was mailed to me
    01.17.20: AED card & ssn in hand
    01.27.20: I-485 was approved

Comment

Thank you so much!! Good luck with everything

Comment

If you sent everything in one packages, I-130, I-485, I-765
        I-130 2 photo for Petitioner and 2 for beneficiary
        and 2 for beneficiary for I-485/I-765 if you sent together. If you sent I-131 AP need extra 2 for beneficiary.
        So total is 2 Petitioner + 4 Beneficiary without AP,
        with AP 2+ 6.
        Last edited by NYC/She; 01-20-2020, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I agree, I've sent 6 for my wife when she entered and adjusted status. Seemed like a waste and it was a bit expensive, honestly.
          --Good luck--
          Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Wait, are passport photos still needed? We didn’t submit back then. I believe they take the pictures themselves now when they take your fingerprints - that’s what happened to me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by hopefulandhappy View Post
              Wait, are passport photos still needed? We didn’t submit back then. I believe they take the pictures themselves now when they take your fingerprints - that’s what happened to me at least.
              It was still on instruction when I filled my form! And when I asked a lawyer he said I need to sent.
              Last edited by NYC/She; 01-23-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Yes it is still required base on instructions and my attorney said so as well.

Comment

Of course. You send in passport photos. You will also be photographed and fingerprinted when you show up for the biometrics appointment.
                  --Good luck--
                  Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Best of luck! I have just been dealing with a similar issue.

Comment

If you have an AAA membership (American Automobile Association), you can head to your nearest AAA center and take passport photos for $8 per set. If you have their Premier membership you get unlimited sets a year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X