San Jose green card interview case held for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Jose green card interview case held for review

I had my green card interview with my husband on 1/27/2020. Everything seems very smooth and the lady is very friendly. At the end of the interview , she gave us the notice of white paper saying case held for review and if there is no response after 120 days, contact them....And she said after she reviews my case and made a decision and the green card will be received in 2-6 weeks. Anyone has the same situation like me??How long do I usually have to wait...it’s so frustrating..

Hi, I interviewed on the same day 01/27 at San Jose at 12pm. We were interviewed by an asian-looking female officer. She was very professional in the interview except at the end where she joked around a bit. She said that our case would be reviewed and the decision could take upto 120 days, and might require a second interview as well. I think they are required to say that for everyone. But by the end of the day, our I-485 was approved. The next day I-130 was approved as well. Hope your case gets approved soon!

Comment

Hi Thank you for the heads up Hope I will get news soon...Do you guys have kids? I have heard couple who has kids will be approved faster ????

Comment

We don't have kids. We bought a house together and showed the deed and mortgage statements as proof along with other standard docs of proof. The officer had something on her desk that showed she was a alum of the same school I went to. Maybe that helped. I am on a H1-B visa and was on F-1 visa and was never out of status or worked without authorization. The USCIS keeps detailed records of that and that means maybe less things to review? It's all my speculation. You never know. Is your case similar?

We're at their mercy and unfortunately, we don't know how they make these decisions. We can only wait and watch.
        Last edited by oaklandish; 02-03-2020, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much for all the detailed info) The lady who interviewed me is super nice. Haha. I hope she can make a decision soon. She updated a lot of info of mine like my current job ect and she asked me do I have USA visa before which isn’t a question on the 485 since it only asks about J visa . I had tourist visa. But I came here to get married on K-1. She even said my English is good and better than hers ????lolllll We all thought its very good experience. Hope she can give me the card soon since I have to fly a lot lollll

Comment

Originally posted by 2020ttt View Post
            I had my green card interview with my husband on 1/27/2020. Everything seems very smooth and the lady is very friendly. At the end of the interview , she gave us the notice of white paper saying case held for review and if there is no response after 120 days, contact them....And she said after she reviews my case and made a decision and the green card will be received in 2-6 weeks. Anyone has the same situation like me??How long do I usually have to wait...it’s so frustrating..
            Wife had interview on the 23rd and today we had the decision that New Card is Being Produced
            but we're in Portland OR

05/20/2019 Case Was Received
            08/01/2019 Biometrics Walk in
            12/06/2019 Ready to Schedule interview
            12/12/2019 Interview was Scheduled
            01/23/2020 Interview Day
            01/23/2020 Interview was Completed and must be reviewed
            01/30/2020 New Card is Being Produced
            01/31/2020 Case Was Approved I-485

Comment

Thank you for the info. Did they give the same paper saying case held review?

Comment

Originally posted by 2020ttt View Post
                Thank you for the info. Did they give the same paper saying case held review?
                we didn't get any paper at the end of the interview
                Last edited by Mazmazan81; 02-01-2020, 02:04 AM.

05/20/2019 Case Was Received
                08/01/2019 Biometrics Walk in
                12/06/2019 Ready to Schedule interview
                12/12/2019 Interview was Scheduled
                01/23/2020 Interview Day
                01/23/2020 Interview was Completed and must be reviewed
                01/30/2020 New Card is Being Produced
                01/31/2020 Case Was Approved I-485

Comment

2020ttt

SF filer here; marriage-based green card
                  I had my interview on the 29th and also got the white paper saying that the case is held for review.
                  Literally in the same boat as you -- top university, F1 --> H1B, co-own a house with my wife as well
                  The IO told me that it'll be another week or so until I hear back

My status changed to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed" last night.

Comment

My online status is still interview scheduled loll. Did they give you the paper of “case review”?I think my paper = what your online stratus is ( it is in review anyway)

Comment

Yes I did get the white paper with the first box ticked

Comment

Hope we can get update next week...My case is also very straightforward....lol

Comment

Fingers crossed for both of us, my friend!

Comment

Update here please if your case is approved

Comment

Did you guys receive any updates about your cases? My card has been mailed last Friday. I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on it tomorrow.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X