Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Lawyer is screwing things by delaying RFE response.Any lawyer in the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Lawyer is screwing things by delaying RFE response.Any lawyer in the forum?

Hi All,

I received an RFE on I-485.
    RFE is regarding I-864 and it says that the petitioner is meeting the income requirement.
    I posted that in the forum few days back.
    https://www.immihelp.com/forum/adjus...ner-unemployed

I want to reply for the RFE fast as i am receiving RFE after like 7 months.
    I filed AOS on july ,2019 and now my i-765 is out of processing time and i want to raise a SR ,but since i have RFE on I-485 ,i think they will ignore my SR.
    Anyways i want to reply to RFE fast.But my lawyer is not responding to my emails and lawyer says that she is yet to receive a copy of RFE and she is keeping me in wait.
    I was thinking of replying to RFE by myself,but i am worried about that too.

Any lawyers in the forum who can help me.
    Last edited by cruze_110; 02-07-2020, 11:16 AM.

This should've been done since day 1. Drop this lawyer RIGHT NOW. I'd recommend that you go on avvo and find a good lawyer there. Just Google avvo lawyers and you'll thank me later. Most of them will do a consultation for free. And they're located in your area. Don't wait any longer or you'll risk getting this denied. REF's are extremely important and the faster you do it the better.

Good luck!

Comment

i did find this lawyer from avvo after seeing all the good ratings.I am thinking to switch to another lawyer.
      i could have done the process by myself ,but to avoid delay and to avoid mistakes ,i hired a lawyer,but looks like they are the one not informed,atleast in my case.
      The people is forums are much more informed than them,most of the times.
      I was eligible to apply for AOS based on the filing chart in visa bulletin(since i am in USA already legally), but lawyer was saying wait for I-130 to get approved first.After i sent links with all the info,lawyer agreed to file AOS.
      Bad experience for me.
      Last edited by cruze_110; 02-07-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Respond to the RFE right away! Most of the times if your case is straight forward there’s no reason to use these lawyers. Delaying the RFE will definitely delay your whole filing process.
        Field Office: Hartford, CT
        PD: 5/21/2019
        Filed forms: I-130; I-485; I-765
        B1/B/2 married to USC
        5/21/2019: I-130 and I-484 received
        7/12/2019: fingerprint review complete
        8/29/2019: received rejected form I-485 due to bounced check
        9/11/2019: mailed new I-485 with new check and I-765
        10/22/2019: biometrics complete
        11/22/2019: ready to schedule interview
        12/18/2019: called USCIS and request exp on I-485
        12/20/2019: Expedite received and complete
        12/26/2019: I-765 approved

Comment

You have a certain time limit to respond to the RFE,can you go in to your lawyers office or call ?Switching lawyers may delay your case even further.

Comment

Hello,

I am new in this thread and I would appreciate advice from any of you so much. I am adjusting status from immediate relative from F1 Visa. I passed the biometrics and I just received a Yellow RFIE. On it, they ask me to submit a copy of the birth certificate of the applicant (is it me, the beneficiary? or my USC husband, the petitioner?).
            I already sent a copy of my birth certificate on my original package along with a certified translation (from Spain). Does anyone know why I got this RFIE? I seriously appreciate some help.
            Thank you all and I hope your processes go smoothly

Comment

Oh my, that's not the way you handle a Request for Evidence from USCIS. I agree with Johny. You should immediately drop that lawyer and find a new one. When it comes to misfesance claims, it's essential to have a lawyer who knows what they're doing. You need to respond to the RFE within the timeframe indicated. Delaying it all over the timeline will cause a lot of problems for you in the future. I believe it's best to do it as soon as possible. The immigration official that's adjudicating your case needs to have enough evidence to make a favorable decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Anydawana View Post
                Oh my, that's not the way you handle a Request for Evidence from USCIS. I agree with Johny. You should immediately drop that lawyer and find a new one. When it comes to misfesance claims, it's essential to have a lawyer who knows what they're doing. You need to respond to the RFE within the timeframe indicated. Delaying it all over the timeline will cause a lot of problems for you in the future. I believe it's best to do it as soon as possible. The immigration official that's adjudicating your case needs to have enough evidence to make a favorable decision.
                Oh my, that's not the way you handle a Request for Evidence from USCIS. I agree with Johny. You should immediately drop that lawyer and find a new one. When it comes to claim, it's essential to have a lawyer who knows what they're doing. You need to respond to the RFE within the timeframe indicated. Delaying it all over the timeline will cause a lot of problems for you in the future. I believe it's best to do it as soon as possible. The immigration official that's adjudicating your case needs to have enough evidence to make a favorable decision.

Comment

Be careful, I had/have an incompetent lawyer with even worse paralegal who never accepts when they are wrong. Be wary and careful of some of these lawyers, just bout $$$$$, while we worried about not just our lives but our loved ones and everyone else in this great country
                  Sacramento, CA
                  11/22/19 Package sent I 485, [Chicago LockBox). I 130 already filed August 1st( August 8th Priority date)
                  11/29/19 Card ran by USCIS for $1225
                  12/13/19 Notice for Biomterics appt.
                  12/23/19 Biometrics
                  1/31/2020 Yellow RFIE in mail(missing Birth certificate)
                  2/5/2020 RFIE received at USCIS
                  2/14/20 Received I 693 courtesy letter
                  2/14/20 ready to be scheduled intervw
                  08/31/20 EAD /SSC
                  09/03/21 Notice for biometrics appointment I 130 USC
                  10/04/21 Case actively being reviewed

Comment

Originally posted by JaydenDad View Post
                    Be careful, I had/have an incompetent lawyer with even worse paralegal who never accepts when they are wrong. Be wary and careful of some of these lawyers, just bout $$$$$, while we worried about not just our lives but our loved ones and everyone else in this great country
                    thx for care

Comment

At this point, I feel like my lawyer is purposefully trying to sabotage me. I received noticed for I -485 interview finally, on Feb 16. Lawyer says he will be going to France on 13th and the other person who can take my case has a family member with cancer. They are telling me, we will have to reschedule! At this point, Idk what to do. I am just tired. It's like there is always something. I just want to work, raise my kids and be able to travel.
                      Sacramento, CA
                      11/22/19 Package sent I 485, [Chicago LockBox). I 130 already filed August 1st( August 8th Priority date)
                      11/29/19 Card ran by USCIS for $1225
                      12/13/19 Notice for Biomterics appt.
                      12/23/19 Biometrics
                      1/31/2020 Yellow RFIE in mail(missing Birth certificate)
                      2/5/2020 RFIE received at USCIS
                      2/14/20 Received I 693 courtesy letter
                      2/14/20 ready to be scheduled intervw
                      08/31/20 EAD /SSC
                      09/03/21 Notice for biometrics appointment I 130 USC
                      10/04/21 Case actively being reviewed

Comment

I had an attorney on our Aos who was very helpful but I always did every Rfe without his help as they are pretty straight forward. Every day you wait is a day you get moved down the waiting list.

Comment

Perhaps you should go to another lawyer! The RFE may be sent to you for various reasons, such as if you forgot to attach any of the required documents listed in the Instructions, if you forgot to sign forms, or if you left any of the questions blank. That's the kind of thing I get help with from drink driving lawyers wollongong! They are pros! If you filled out all the paperwork correctly and sent it in, the RFE may be sent if the officer reviewing your case needs more information to decide. This can be more photos of you together, correspondence, or letters from friends and relatives confirming that they know about your relationship and can verify it. Your lawyer may be lying to you!
                          Last edited by iufx; 06-28-2022, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Firstly, most often, a lawyer's work can be done independently by carefully studying the requirements for the document you must provide.

Comment

Firstly, most often, a lawyer's work can be done independently by carefully studying the requirements for the document you must provide. Even more than that, it is important to go this way without a lawyer to understand how this process works. Please note that all information must be provided accurately and honestly. In America, you will be liable if you provide false information. Perhaps the information from the website will help you https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/false-claims-act-penalties-and-defense-1234213/ and other sources to understand how to issue documents without a lawyer.
                              Last edited by Clodmiran; 07-06-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X