F1 marriage within 90 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 marriage within 90 days?

I’ve been in a relationship with my significant other for 7 years now and I’ve been staying in the us and Canada during these years. I have not done anything illegal in the states , working under the table or having any record, overstaying a visa.

I was in the United States for the majority of the end 2019 but had to go back to Canada to re-enter the United States as an f1 visa. (Previously entered on B2) I entered in the us on January 9 2020 on a F1 visa. Soon after that my significant other proposed to me and I understand after getting married d applying for AOS , I would have to remain in the states for quite some time, so we would want to get married and travel soon. I’ve heard of the 90 day intent rule and it’s not advisable to get married within 90 days of the entry date on your I-94.

Do you guys have any experience on getting married within 90 days? Could we get married before 90 days and file after 90 days, would that still be perceived to have intent? We have bank accounts, credit card statements, pictures, all the evidence that they may require so we are confident in proving our marriage is bonafide.

The 90 day rule applies to you. You'll need to wait to marry anytime after day #91.

Comment

Originally posted by AlotofQ View Post
      I’ve been in a relationship with my significant other for 7 years now and I’ve been staying in the us and Canada during these years. I have not done anything illegal in the states , working under the table or having any record, overstaying a visa.

I was in the United States for the majority of the end 2019 but had to go back to Canada to re-enter the United States as an f1 visa. (Previously entered on B2) I entered in the us on January 9 2020 on a F1 visa. Soon after that my significant other proposed to me and I understand after getting married d applying for AOS , I would have to remain in the states for quite some time, so we would want to get married and travel soon. I’ve heard of the 90 day intent rule and it’s not advisable to get married within 90 days of the entry date on your I-94.

Do you guys have any experience on getting married within 90 days? Could we get married before 90 days and file after 90 days, would that still be perceived to have intent? We have bank accounts, credit card statements, pictures, all the evidence that they may require so we are confident in proving our marriage is bonafide.
      You have to wait until your 90-day passed. Just be patient and wait.
      03/24/2020: Sent package to USCIS.
      03/25/2020: Package received by USCIS.
      04/14/2020: 4 text messages received and checks cashed.
      04/23/2020: 4 NOAs received in mail.
      08/17/2020: Biometrics Appointment letter received in mail for 08/25.
      08/25/2020: Fingerprints taken and applied to I-765 and I-485.
      09/01/2020: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
      09/08/2020: New card is being produced.
      09/11/2020: I-765 and I-131 were approved and mailed.
      09/16/2020: Combo card in hand.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X