September 2020 Filers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete
    Last edited by Xaxaza; 07-30-2021, 09:35 PM.
    Sept 20 Sent package..

Sept 21 Card in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoned View Post
      Hey guys I just want to dump my timeline here for reference purpose.

I was married to a USC and I live in New York.

I-485:
      January 16, 2021 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
      October 15, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
      September 29, 2020 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

I-765:
      January 25, 2021 Card Was Mailed To Me
      January 21, 2021 We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
      January 20, 2021 We ordered your new card.
      January 19, 2021 We received your request for expedite processing.
      December 1, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
      September 29, 2020 We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
      That’s quite fast! Most people who filed before you haven’t even gotten their biometrics yet.

Comment

• its been a month now since i had my biometrics, but still not work permit or travel permit in the mail.

wondering how much longer :/

I guess another month? going by the timeline in the above post

Comment

• Originally posted by Oty View Post
          L1A (French Moroccan) and L2 Spouse (French): sponsored by company for Green Card. Local field office is San Francisco
          ​​​​I-140 filed late Nov 2019 and approved Mid April 2020.

09/10/20 I-485, I-765, I-131 sent (Lawyer didn't file I-944)
          09/22/20 Fingerprint fees accepted
          09/24/20 3 NOAs received
          12/03/20 RFIE notice: Req I-693 & I-944
          12/29/20 RFE reply mailed to NBC inc I-944 and I-693

I'll keep you updated on progress.
          Our main concern is that my spouse's EAD expires mid March... and we fear that could have an impact if delayed more than that is not sure if the Bank will hold the position while we wait for for the EAD really hoping for the best. We moved from Chicago to San Francisco for my spouses job, if he loses the job the whole move would be for nothing (I'm remote) and we will be in SF with one salary. Thinking about requesting urgent EAD procedure for financial hardship but Lawyer advising against it as it will impact I-944... any advise please or people in same situation?

On a different note, it might be a good idea to split the topics not only by months but also by type of AOS... USC marriage isn't same timelines and process as Employment based. Just fruits for thoughts to help everyone. Thanks!
          It looks like the Bio letter is being mailed. We see on our USPS mail notifications that we are receiving 2 letters from NBC, assuming these are bio letters because RFEs would show on myuscis status but nothing changed there. So it really looks like it's the bio letter. I'll keep you posted

updated timeline so far
          09/24/20 3 NOAs received
          12/31/20 RFE received by USCIS

Comment

• Received 2 mail today. First was the RFIE for I-944 for the I-485. Little surprised about that, because we did submit an affidavit of support with the I-485. Looking it up, they started requiring the I-944 in September. I guess we didn't see that requirement. We'll submit it on Monday. Second we did received a biometric appointment for the I-765. Scheduled date is 2-18-21. My question is, if anyone knows, if my wife does this biometrics, will it be good for all the forms or will she have to do more biometric appointments?
            9-25-20 - I485, I131, I765 (c09) mailed to USCIS Chicago LB
            9-29-20 - Forms received by USCIS.
            10-17-20 - Fees Paid.
            10-20-20 - Text message for NOA
            10-21-20 - NOA received
            1-25-21 - Status change on I485 case to RFIE
            1-30-21 - RFIE I944 letter received for the I485
            1-30-21 - Biometrics received for I765
            3-12-21 - RFIE received by USCIS
            3-12-21 - Biometrics rescheduled due to weather
            3-31-21 - I765 status changed to received biometrics
            4-1-21 - I485 status changed to ready to schedule interview

Comment

• Houra! Bio letter received today for 2/17/21 in Oakland. Such a relief!!

updated timeline so far
              01/30/21 Bio letter received dated 01/23/21
              09/24/20 3 NOAs received

Originally posted by Oty View Post
              It looks like the Bio letter is being mailed. We see on our USPS mail notifications that we are receiving 2 letters from NBC, assuming these are bio letters because RFEs would show on myuscis status but nothing changed there. So it really looks like it's the bio letter. I'll keep you posted

updated timeline so far
              09/24/20 3 NOAs received
              Last edited by Oty; 01-31-2021, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oty View Post
                Houra! Bio letter received today for 2/17/21 in Oakland. Such a relief!!

updated timeline so far
                01/30/21 Bio letter received dated 01/23/21
                09/24/20 3 NOAs received

Congratulations! Exciting!

Comment

• Hi guys,posting after a long time. I received my biometrics notice on 01/28/2021. The date on the notice is 01/23/2021. Finally things moving to the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xaxaza

excelrobot I am missing your spreadsheets..Can you update us with a current one? Include biometrics column please ..It seems its only me who hasnt received their biometrics letter (late Sept submissions)...Congrats on all who received it..If they can tell us how the experience was...Thanks in advance..
                    my biometrics experiance was posted on page 19 of this thread. 32 days now since i went for biometrics and still no notice of a card in the mail :/

Comment

• From what Ive been reading from all the sites, EAD is processed based on PD, has nothing to do with your biometrics date. Some people may have their biometrics done last Dec, and some of us(marriage based GC in NBC) may do ours Bio this month(Feb) and it is very likely we all get the EAD around the same time because our PD are all Sept/2020.

Go to the uscis website and see the processing time. For example, our PD are all September, and right now on uscis website, NBC processing for EAD is 4-9 months, so as long as its within the 4-9 months time frame, it is still with the normal processing time (we all hate this, it sucks, I know...)

Hope this info may help some folks with their anxiety of waiting the EAD after their bio appt.
                      Last edited by applevinegar; 02-02-2021, 02:15 PM.
                      9/15 - Package (130, 130A, 485, 765, 864 & 131, did not mail 944) Mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox vis UPSP express
                      9/16 - Package Delivered and Picked up
                      10/1 - Check Cashed
                      10/4 - Received 4 Tests and 4 emails
                      10/10 - Received 4 NOA in mail
                      12/16 - RFIE for I485
                      12/23 - RFIE asked for I-944
                      12/24 - RFIE Responded
                      1/8 - RFIE response Received
                      1/25 - Received Biometrics letter in mail
                      2/10 - Bio done & Bio applied
                      2/12 - Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by applevinegar View Post
                        From what Ive been reading from all the sites, EAD is processed based on PD, has nothing to do with your biometrics date. Some people may have their biometrics done last Dec, and some of us(marriage based GC in NBC) may do ours Bio this month(Feb) and it is very likely we all get the EAD around the same time because our PD are all Sept/2020.

Go to the uscis website and see the processing time. For example, our PD are all September, and right now on uscis website, NBC processing for EAD is 4-9 months, so as long as its within the 4-9 months time frame, it is still with the normal processing time (we all hate this, it sucks, I know...)

Hope this info may help some folks with their anxiety of waiting the EAD after their bio appt.
                        Pretty sure theres someone in this thread who got their card already.

theres no way i can wait 5 more months. My career will be over and all my clients will be gone thinking ive died or something. They arlready think ive been deported or run away because ive been out of work for 2 months. Its a disaster. do you think that would be a good enough reason to apply for to be expidited?

Comment

• Originally posted by ktait View Post

Pretty sure theres someone in this thread who got their card already.

theres no way i can wait 5 more months. My career will be over and all my clients will be gone thinking ive died or something. They arlready think ive been deported or run away because ive been out of work for 2 months. Its a disaster. do you think that would be a good enough reason to apply for to be expidited?
                          Definitely! I have read a lot of cases people try to expedite their EAD by showing proof that they have job offers and under finance hardship. Try to talk to your company's lawyer and see if your company can provide you a letter stating that you are in need of the EAD. I am not an expert, so do more research about this for sure, sorry couldnt give you more info.

And I know there are ppl in this group already got their card, but i am saying for marriage base GC in NBC(which range from 4-9 months according to uscis website), people who got their EAD some are adjust their statues via employment, so the situation are be different than most marriage base NBC folks.
                          9/15 - Package (130, 130A, 485, 765, 864 & 131, did not mail 944) Mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox vis UPSP express
                          10/1 - Check Cashed
                          12/16 - RFIE for I485
                          12/24 - RFIE Responded

Comment

Definitely! I have read a lot of cases people try to expedite their EAD by showing proof that they have job offers and under finance hardship. Try to talk to your company's lawyer and see if your company can provide you a letter stating that you are in need of the EAD. I am not an expert, so do more research about this for sure, sorry couldnt give you more info.

And I know there are ppl in this group already got their card, but i am saying for marriage base GC in NBC(which range from 4-9 months according to uscis website), people who got their EAD some are adjust their statues via employment, so the situation are be different than most marriage base NBC folks.
                            Im actually self employed - i was here on an o1b visa and married a collegue a couple of years in. I just called USCIS and finally got through for once - I explained that i have a client based business, ive already been off work for 2 months, and although there is no financial hardship, my business of a decade could have detriments in the long term if i have to keep referring clients elsewhere for several more months. The lady on the phone agreed and put in an expidite request for me. She said i should hear in a week if they have accepted the request.
                            Although its been nice to have a 6 week vacation at the beach painting, i need to get back to "real life" asap

Comment

• Originally posted by ktait View Post

Im actually self employed - i was here on an o1b visa and married a collegue a couple of years in. I just called USCIS and finally got through for once - I explained that i have a client based business, ive already been off work for 2 months, and although there is no financial hardship, my business of a decade could have detriments in the long term if i have to keep referring clients elsewhere for several more months. The lady on the phone agreed and put in an expidite request for me. She said i should hear in a week if they have accepted the request.
                              Although its been nice to have a 6 week vacation at the beach painting, i need to get back to "real life" asap
                              thats great you get to talk to someone fast and they actually have some action on your EAD, hope they will approval your request!

Have to admit, it is the best time of my life - having an excuse not to work and just travel around, relax, chill, eat, sleep and play with my puppy. My partner on the other hand, works his butt off daily and very jealous of me lol.

Anyway, good luck!
                              10/1 - Check Cashed
                              12/16 - RFIE for I485
                              12/24 - RFIE Responded

Comment

thats great you get to talk to someone fast and they actually have some action on your EAD, hope they will approval your request!

Have to admit, it is the best time of my life - having an excuse not to work and just travel around, relax, chill, eat, sleep and play with my puppy. My partner on the other hand, works his butt off daily and very jealous of me lol.

Anyway, good luck!
                                THANKYOU! Me also. I love the career I built, I don't want to lose it. it's not like work for me. I'm lucky I guess.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X