No announcement yet.

Date of Birth Issue for Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my mother her birthdate in Passport is different then Birth-certificate. Last week I applied to SFO consulate for Birthdate change (online application) and now waiting for questionnaire to proceed with VFS application. I emailed SFO consulate ([email protected]) about questionnaire so is this correct address or need to use a specific email for it. If someone can post here it will be very helpful.
    Should I wait for questionnaire before applying to VFS or can start it in parallel.
    TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by amitu26 View Post
      For my mother her birthdate in Passport is different then Birth-certificate. Last week I applied to SFO consulate for Birthdate change (online application) and now waiting for questionnaire to proceed with VFS application. I emailed SFO consulate ([email protected]) about questionnaire so is this correct address or need to use a specific email for it. If someone can post here it will be very helpful.
      Should I wait for questionnaire before applying to VFS or can start it in parallel.
      TIA
      I got an email from [email protected] (HS Negi) was the Passport Consular an year back or so. I would say to wait for the questionnaire and then apply everything in one go.

Comment

• Originally posted by rln8316 View Post
        UPDATE
        I spoke with my attorney about my issue. Their verdict is if you have DOB and that is correct, then I should start with updating all my documents - Passport, SSN, Driving Licence and what not.
        I do see a provision of changing DOB in passport in the application.
        Not sure about SSN and others.

Any one else on the same situation can put in your thoughts, comments...
        Any luck? even i got my passport corrected but all other are pending and no idea what to do. I went to SSA office they said do the immigration (H1B,i94) first..

Comment

• Originally posted by DOBPain View Post

Any luck? even i got my passport corrected but all other are pending and no idea what to do. I went to SSA office they said do the immigration (H1B,i94) first..
          My new L1A extension was stamped with new DOB. With that, I applied in SSN and it got corrected. Yet to do Driving license.

I am from India, So i have changed in Aadhar as well.

Comment

• Hi Friends ! Anyone followed the process explained by raghu_visa and is able to get the GC based on the affidavit added with the mismatched Birth Certificate. Please advise

Comment

• Originally posted by Achi_bec View Post
              Thank you rln8316 for your suggestions ! I have sent my passport for re-issuance. Let's see how they comeback.
              Did you get any update Achi_bec?

Comment

• Originally posted by rln8316 View Post

My new L1A extension was stamped with new DOB. With that, I applied in SSN and it got corrected. Yet to do Driving license.

I am from India, So i have changed in Aadhar as well.
                Changing aadhar and pan will be a breeze online wit corrected pp

Comment

• Originally posted by rgv2cw View Post
                  Hi Friends ! Anyone followed the process explained by raghu_visa and is able to get the GC based on the affidavit added with the mismatched Birth Certificate. Please advise
                  Yes, i followed each and every steps which was mentioned by raghu_visa and GC got approved.

Comment

• I had a similar situation. Please see my experience below:

1. DOB was wrong in school records w.r.t birth certificate.
                    2. All documents were as per school records.
                    3. Got BC after name correction, and small details correction.
                    4. Was in US. Applied for passport correction in CGI via VFS global. Got a mail that the request cannot be processed and to proceed should share 2 other documents with correct details - like Aadhar(updated via app)/Driving Licence (updated with help of a driving school). It took 3 months to receive the updated PP.
                    5. During Visa renewal, applied with correct details in DS160 and took DB appointment.
                    6. Visa was refused and asked to appear for In person interview with BC.
                    7. During interview, asked for the reason for this mistake and a few other general questions. Visa was approved and
                    ​The process took 2+ months.
                    8. Corrected PAN online in their website
                    9. For CBSE marklist correction, request was sent from school which was rejected. With this rejection letter, filed a case and court asked CBSE to correct the marklist.

Hope this is useful for someone.

Comment

• Thanks Yiman... This is helpful.
                      I am yet to do 8 and 9.
                      I did Visa extension, so the revised I-94 was printed with new DOB.

How far you are on GC process?

Comment

• Thanks Guys for helping each other, I'm in a same boat. But my case is somewhat different. I finished 6 years under h1b and heading back to India and will come back to usa under l1a. My employer has promised to submit the GC after I come back. I have to be away for 1 year in india. I have following queries -
                        1. Should i go ahead with changing DOB on passport in india and if yes then how easy to do it from there?
                        2. The next time i come back to usa, will it cause issue at the airport regarding verifying i94 records.
                        3. What will happen to my ssn, dl and bank / medical / insurance records, brokerage / bitcoin accounts since I'll be away and will not be able to update DOB there.
                        4. Do we really have to update DOB in educational or other indian documents, do they really required for USA immigration?

Comment

• Should i go ahead with changing DOB on passport in india and if yes then how easy to do it from there?
                          Yes, you can do it from India. Since you will be in India for an year, try to change other documents as well- PAN, Aadhar, education records, etc. It should be fairly easy compared to doing from US. You can approach nearest passport office with online application and update it. Here you have to send it to nearest Consulate and there are some additional documents like notarized copies which is a painful process. You will have to submit your passport as well and have to live without any proof until it returns back to you.

The next time i come back to usa, will it cause issue at the airport regarding verifying i94 records.
                          No, your new L1A visa will have new DOB. My L1- I194 extension has new DOB but i did not face any issues during travel.

What will happen to my ssn, dl and bank / medical / insurance records, brokerage / bitcoin accounts since I'll be away and will not be able to update DOB there.
                          You can change SSN, DL and Bank. I havent updated medical and insurance yet. Not sure about brokerage and bitcoin.

Do we really have to update DOB in educational or other indian documents, do they really required for USA immigration?
                          You can change it if you have enough time, but i dont think it will matter for US immigration.

Comment

• Last week I got RFE (I-485) for my birth certificate, when I checked with my village authority my original birth date is different from my passport. So they can't provide a non-availability certificate as well. So I am thinking of getting my original birth certificate from my village and updating my passport here in Sanfranscio. My last date to submit is Aug 1st week.
                            I have a couple of questions -

1. If I apply DOB update on my passport, how long will it take? Can I get it before Aug 1st week?
                            2. As per the required document, do I need to prepare - a COURT ORDER ISSUED BY JUDICIAL OFFICER or an updated matriculation certificate(SSLC) ?
                            3. The document I need to submit are my current passport & new birth certificate.
                            Please let me know iit is urgent.

Comment

• Originally posted by rageshpayyan View Post
                              Last week I got RFE (I-485) for my birth certificate, when I checked with my village authority my original birth date is different from my passport. So they can't provide a non-availability certificate as well. So I am thinking of getting my original birth certificate from my village and updating my passport here in Sanfranscio. My last date to submit is Aug 1st week.
                              I have a couple of questions -

1. If I apply DOB update on my passport, how long will it take? Can I get it before Aug 1st week?
                              2. As per the required document, do I need to prepare - a COURT ORDER ISSUED BY JUDICIAL OFFICER or an updated matriculation certificate(SSLC) ?
                              3. The document I need to submit are my current passport & new birth certificate.
                              Please let me know iit is urgent.

1. If I apply DOB update on my passport, how long will it take? Can I get it before Aug 1st week? - Yes, you should be. I did back in 2021 during pandemic. It took me 4 months. I think it should take less time. But once your passport is in, it is difficult to do a follow up.

2. As per the required document, do I need to prepare - a COURT ORDER ISSUED BY JUDICIAL OFFICER or an updated matriculation certificate(SSLC) ? - I did not submit any of this certificate unless it was changed recently. You need to provide Birth certificate with correct DOB that you want to update

The document I need to submit are my current passport & new birth certificate. - Correct! Please message me if you need any questions
                              Please let me know iit is urgent.[/QUOTE]​

Comment

• Dear Ragesh
                                I'm in a similar situation. Wanted to check if you have any feedback from embassy on this...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X