No announcement yet.

October 2020 I1485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent my Marriage based AOS application on October 28th 2020 to chicago Lockbox.It was delivered on October 30th. I haven’t received any notification and the money hasnt been taken from my account. How long more should we estimate to wait since they have a delay ?

Comment

Hi
      I filed following applications on Oct 20, 2020: I-485, I-944, I-765 and I-131.
      Fee amount that I attached was - $1,225 ($1,140 + $85).

However, I got my package back citing the following reason for rejection:
      - payment amount is incorrect, or has not been provided
      - Application/petition has not been fully completed. Based on selection made under Part 2 Application Type or Filing Category, Form I-944 and/or Form I-864/I-864EZ are required.

Please let me know what is the correct amount, if not $1,225.

I did send my I-944 in my package. Did I miss anything?

Also, in the package that was returned to me, I didn't receive the sealed envelope which had I-693 (medical). Do I need to send it again?

What should I do now? Should I reprint and resend my application or is it fine if I use the same forms again?

Would really appreciate any advice/ assistance you can provide.

Comment

Hello,

Got receipts today for all forms. The receipts say Notice Date: Nov 17 and there is also a date printed in red 'Nov 23 2020'

Timeline:
        • EB3 - ROW
        • PD JAN 2020
        • I-140 Approved
        • AOS - i-485 + i-131 + i-765 + i-944 sent 10/23/20
        • AOS delivered 10/26/20 to Dallas Lockbox
        • Receipts delivered : 11/24/2020

Comment

abhatia86

Maybe there is an incorrect selection in Part 2 of the I-485

Comment

Originally posted by abhatia86 View Post
            Hi

- Application/petition has not been fully completed. Based on selection made under Part 2 Application Type or Filing Category, Form I-944 and/or Form I-864/I-864EZ are required.

Also, in the package that was returned to me, I didn't receive the sealed envelope which had I-693 (medical). Do I need to send it again?

What should I do now? Should I reprint and resend my application or is it fine if I use the same forms again?

—CHECK if you sent old expired I765 , I944, I864 Forms.

this could be the main reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrew1 View Post
              I sent my Marriage based AOS application on October 28th 2020 to chicago Lockbox.It was delivered on October 30th. I haven’t received any notification and the money hasnt been taken from my account. How long more should we estimate to wait since they have a delay ?
              1 month is very normal right now. I see many people who are receiving receipts after 1 month plus this week has holidays.

You should have your money deducted next week and notices late next week or the week after.

Comment

Originally posted by abhatia86 View Post
                Hi

Your fee amount is definitely correct.

Did you submit the forms yourself? You may need to speak with an attorney since these are complicated forms with so many options to select and all those Yes / no answers.

Comment

Updated

Marriage-based AOS

10/19/20 - Mailed I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-944, I-693, I-765, I-131, G-1145 packet via FedEx (Chicago Lockbox)
                  10/21/20 - Application arrived at USCIS (signed by J. Harper)
                  11/20/20 - Email sent to Lockbox support since I havent received any receipt notice after 30 days
                  11/25/20 - 4 text messages received
                  12/01/20 - 4 letters I-797C received
                  Last edited by ceci1073; 06-16-2021, 05:53 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus2000 View Post
                    Hello,

Got receipts today for all forms. The receipts say Notice Date: Nov 17 and there is also a date printed in red 'Nov 23 2020'

Timeline:
                    • EB3 - ROW
                    • PD JAN 2020
                    • I-140 Approved
                    • AOS - i-485 + i-131 + i-765 + i-944 sent 10/23/20
                    • AOS delivered 10/26/20 to Dallas Lockbox
                    • Receipts delivered : 11/24/2020
                    Lucky! When was the check cashed?
                    10/22/2020: I-485+ I-944+I-693+I-765+I-131 packet sent (USPS priority mail)-Dallas lockbox
                    1026/2020: packet delivered (tracking records)
                    11/25: No receipt & no check cashed??

Wrote emails to lockbox but no response. What should I do?

Comment

I am assuming the notice date Nov 17th is when it was cashed. I-485 online status says finger print fee received Nov 17th.

Hang in there, yours is probably on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus2000 View Post
                        I am assuming the notice date Nov 17th is when it was cashed. I-485 online status says finger print fee received Nov 17th.

​​​Hang in there, yours is probably on the way.

In my case money was deducted 3 days after the notice date. I think everybody experiences something different.

Did you receive a receipt for I-944. I didn't get and I don't think anyone else on the group did.

Guttuburi don't worry. You should receive receipts this or latest next week. I see a lot of people receiving receipts this week for documents delivery around 10/26. Since this week has holidays it may spillover to next week.

​​​​​​

Comment

Yes, its different for everyone. Didn't get any receipt for I-944. I guess since I-944 is a declaration rather than an application for an immigration benefit.

Comment

Has any one received receipt notices yet for October last week filing?

Timeline:
                            • EB1C
                            • PD Dec 2018
                            • I-140 Approved
                            • AOS - i-485 + i-131 + i-765 + i-944 sent 10/26/2020
                            • AOS delivered 10/28/20 to Dallas Lockbox

Neither check is encashed so far nor received receipt notices. Appreciate if you can share your experience if you have filed during the same week. Thanks
                            10/26/2020 I485, I131, I765 Package delivered to TX Lock box in Dallas.
                            12/21/2020 Application returned due to missing information.
                            12/31/2020 Application resubmitted and received
                            02/22/2021 Finger print fee received and Receipt notices received in mail
                            4/19/2021 Biometrics appointment
                            4/22/2021 Case shown fingerprints taken
                            8/10/2021 I485J receipt notice
                            9/02/2021 I765 and I131 approved
                            09/09/2021 Received combo approval card via USPS

Comment

Not received yet. AOS delivered 10/28/2020 to Phoenix location.

waiting for receipts

Comment

How can i make sure that chicago lockbox received my AOS package ?

attached pic is the only proof i have from UPS
                                Attached Files

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X