December 2020 I-485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ash0550 View Post
    Hi, I filed in dec 2020 for f2a . My documents arrived on Dec 8th and I recently received a I 693 deficiency notice but nothing on Bio Metrics. Anybody else received this notice?.
    You received that notice because you did not include the i693 (medical exam results). According to my lawyer, you can take that form to your interview if you did not include it in the original package you sent to USCIS.

Comment

• Can anyone with a scheduled biometrics appointment tell me if this "reprint your letter" USCIS webpage works, please? I'm trying to understand if I can use this page to check if my appointment has been scheduled before I get the letter in the mail https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2/manage

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnatan96 View Post
        Can anyone with a scheduled biometrics appointment tell me if this "reprint your letter" USCIS webpage works, please? I'm trying to understand if I can use this page to check if my appointment has been scheduled before I get the letter in the mail https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2/manage
        I just checked. No appointment found for that name and date of birth.
        When I was talking to Emma she also could not see any appointments.
        The appointment is not reflected in my case status either.

Comment

• Originally posted by komissol View Post

Thank you so much for checking. I really appreciate it. Now I can stop wasting my time lol

Comment

• Hi everyone, I received an update on my I-485 receipt number. It now reads, "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview."
            Does anyone have any idea of how quickly our case would be scheduled for an interview after this update? We were anticipating at least a year after filing date, but I wonder if this update is a sign it could move faster?

Also, there have been no updates on my I-765/I-131 (EAD/Combo Card), my attorney predicts 6-7 months after filing so hopefully June/July.

Timeline:
            12/18/20: My package was received at Chicago lockbox
            01/11/21: I received four NOA receipts in the mail (online case number indicates my fingerprint fee check was cashed on 12/29/20)
            02/05/21: I received biometrics letter in the mail for my upcoming appointment, which is scheduled for the end of this month (letter came from the NBC)
            02/18/21: Biometrics appointment (arrive 15 minutes before to line-up outside, there are about 10 appointments scheduled each hour, everyone lines up at same time for your appointment time slot and is allowed in 15 minutes prior to appointment time)
            02/19/21: my I-485 and I-765 case statuses were updated online to "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"
            04/09/21: My I-485 is updated to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnatan96 View Post

You received that notice because you did not include the i693 (medical exam results). According to my lawyer, you can take that form to your interview if you did not include it in the original package you sent to USCIS.
              okay thanks . I found it a little weird getting this letter without any word on bio metrics

Comment

• Originally posted by ash0550 View Post

okay thanks . I found it a little weird getting this letter without any word on bio metrics
                That's just a letter they send to let you know that something was missing, but you will still get your biometrics letter at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanChar View Post
                  Hi everyone, I received an update on my I-485 receipt number. It now reads, "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview."
                  Does anyone have any idea of how quickly our case would be scheduled for an interview after this update? We were anticipating at least a year after filing date, but I wonder if this update is a sign it could move faster?

Also, there have been no updates on my I-765/I-131 (EAD/Combo Card), my attorney predicts 6-7 months after filing so hopefully June/July.

Timeline:
                  01/11/21: I received four NOA receipts in the mail (online case number indicates my fingerprint fee check was cashed on 12/29/20)
                  02/05/21: I received biometrics letter in the mail for my upcoming appointment, which is scheduled for the end of this month (letter came from the NBC)
                  02/18/21: Biometrics appointment (arrive 15 minutes before to line-up outside, there are about 10 appointments scheduled each hour, everyone lines up at same time for your appointment time slot and is allowed in 15 minutes prior to appointment time)
                  02/19/21: my I-485 and I-765 case statuses were updated online to "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"
                  04/09/21: My I-485 is updated to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                  I am surprised that you don't have your EAD yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanChar View Post
                    Hi everyone, I received an update on my I-485 receipt number. It now reads, "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview."

Timeline:
                    hey brother or sister my timeline is similar to your except my biometrics were taken mid march. I got a deficiency letter for the medical (didnt include it in the packet) about 2 weeks ago, just says i need to bring it to the interview. But recently checking my case also says Ready to schedule for interview , now we wait . I didnt get EAD yet either

Comment

• Originally posted by komissol View Post

Hi; does your spouse agree to help you with you green card? My question is, what to do when it's time to apply from conditional to permanent after three years?
                      Marriage AOS (F1 to GC, California, MSC)
                      1/05/2021 UPS shows package again delivered, received by Chyba
                      1/20/2021 Check cashed; Receipt text messages hours later
                      4/19/2021 Biometrics done
                      4/22/2021 Case shown fingerprints taken
                      5/10/2021 I-765 Approved; I-131 Approved; new card being produced
                      5/17/2021 Combo card received
                      8/17/2021 Interview Scheduled
                      9/20/2021 Interview finished; I-485 approved new card produced
                      9/25/2021 GC in mail

Comment

• December 2020 filer here, no biometrics yet...... I see most of you already got the appointments for biometrics, did you get a text as well before the letter in the mail?

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by beafaustine View Post
                          Employment-based
                          December 28, 2020: mailed packet
                          End of January 2021: Receipt notice received in the mail
                          February 1, 2021: Fingerprint fee received

No biometrics appointment yet.

Anyone on the same boat?
                          Yes ! no biometrics yet, ughhhh

Comment

• Originally posted by itapiche View Post
                            December 2020 filer here, no biometrics yet...... I see most of you already got the appointments for biometrics, did you get a text as well before the letter in the mail?

Thank you
                            According to what I have seen, you don't get a text and your case status does not change online. The letter just arrives in the mail so we have to wait. I'm in the same situation.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for biometrics as well. Hang in there, everyone. <3
                              Marriage AOS (Concurrent filing; Pennsylvania)
                              12/20/2020: Package initial delivery to lockbox via Fedex
                              12/23/2020: Package received, signed by J. Harper
                              01/08/2021: Check cashed
                              01/12/2021: Receipt notices received over SMS
                              01/30/2021: Receipt notices received in mail; receipt notice shows MSC (national benefit center)

Comment

• Just got my biometrics letter by email after I placed an inquiry about my case with USCIS! It took 24 hours. Finally!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X